Gardenia Boutique Hotel
$130
$139
$135
$68
Cappari Hotels Aquarius Hotel(Kas)(Great Value!)
$70
$52
$48
$102
$82
All reviewsbeautiful paintingsan art galleryno elevatorsea viewexcellent stayperfect locationlittle extrasfew minutes walkbalconyharbourcoastsunsetcucumber
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Gardenia Hotel for four nights in late July. Our first impression was the cleanliness and modern feel of the hotel. Yes, there were four flights up to our room, but there was fantastic art with every step, and it was well worth it to wake up to fabulous views of the Mediterranean every morning.
On the first morning there I was feeling quite ill; the owner quickly had an herbal tea made for me that had me feeling much better by the afternoon. The breakfast each morning was authentic and delicious. I was happy with the spread of olives, breads, cheeses and local fruits and yogurt. My husband chose to have eggs prepared and the few bites that I stole were delicious.
I enjoyed waking each day to glittering sea, having a leisurely breakfast on the terrace and then planning our day. In the evening, Omer suggested brilliant restaurants with reasonable prices, and everything was within a five minute walk.
While some people may wish for a pool, I much preferred walking right across the street to the multi-tiered swimming area (sunbathing chairs at no charge) and taking a dip in the sea when the mood and temperature dictated.
I cannot say enough about the attention and kindness that was extended to us by the entire staff. When we had to leave a day early, Omer found us a reasonable and adequate hotel in our next location. This was not expected, though certainly appreciated.
There seems to be a commitment to the environment at the hotel. They have a program for towels, bed linens and the ac, as well as motion censored lights. My one suggestion would be to offer filtered water so that we could fill up our aluminum travel bottles rather than having to purchase and throw away countless plastic bottles. This is not a bad reflection of the hotel, rather just a suggestion from experiences we have encountered in other countries.
All in all, we would love to return when the situation allows- to Turkey, to Kas, and to Gardenia.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank emr123
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Me and my husband just arrived back from 8 days of leasure/business trip to Kas and Kalkan area. We are in LOVE; Kas and Gardenia is fantastic! We normally travel a lot and know what we like; Gardenia has it all!

I have just one thing to say; Forget all other hotels in Kas, I have checked most of them along the coast line. Forget Hera, Princess or Lykia. Nice locations but horrible inside! Gardenia is outstanding and THE HOTEL to choose.

Perfect location - on the beach with a stunning view of the Egeian sea. Quiet and peaceful but still in the middle of everything. Across the street you find a great beachclub with crystal clear water to swin in. Just minutes walking to the most perfect restaurants and small cosy boutiques. Kas has style and is perfect for couples with high demands.

Rooms are great - Choose the suit; room 201 has a fantastic large private terrass you will enjoy. It is well worth the small extra money you pay.

Service is excellent and elegant - The owner is the perfect host for a Boutique hotel. Discrete but always at your service! He helped us with everything from arranging private boat tours to Kekova and Meis to recommend outstanding restaurants perfect for our tast. He also made it possible for us to visit the only winey by the coast in Turkey.
Lykia winery in Elmali is well worth a visit with excellent wine.

We are already looking forward to our next visit to the perfect little village of Kas and hotel Gardenia, our home away from home!

Best regards from Skipper , Sultan Halilar LTD

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Anna S
Reviewed July 20, 2009

The good was the cleanliness, the trendiness of the hotel, and the location. It is a 1 minute walk to the sea and and 3 minutes to the town center and port.

The bad was the stairs (we were on the 6th floor with no elevator--don't forget anything in the room!), the price was not the best, no pool, breakfast was average, sliding door was broken in room, and the owners acted like we were an inconvenience to them.

Bottom line is next time I would stay at a different hotel but on the same street (right by Small Pebble Beach). There are 6-8 other options that have pools and the same great view.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ajia
CemCaglar, Guest Relations at Gardenia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2009

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Gardenia Boutique Hotel for your holiday. Also I want to thank you for sharing your experience both with us and other travelers.

Your valued comments will help us improve our service in every way which hopefully will return you as a good holiday experience.

Upon reading your comment, I'm sorry to learn that you had few bad experiences while you are staying with us. If you allow me, I would like to address them individually.

I would like to start with the stairs. Due to nature and geography of Kas, our hotel is located on a hill which causes our guests and visitors to climb these stairs. This is not something special to our hotel, as almost all the hotels located on the front row (by the beach) has the exact same feature in their hotel so even if you choose stay as you have mentioned in a different hotel in the same street, most likely this will again be the case so I advise you to check the hotels with elevators in order to overcome this problem.

About the breakfast, we have a opon buffet breakfast which is served until noon everyday including cheese, cold meats, olives, eggs. corn flakes, muesli's and fruits just to name a few.. If you had any special requests, we would have tried to accommodate these requests during breakfast however as you did not mention during the stay, we did not have an opportunity to help you better in this matter.

Also for the pool, we never advertised our hotel with a pool as we do not have any. Our hotel is located just few seconds away from the sea as you have mentioned, and due to the small size of the hotel (and our preferences such as strict no children under 12 policy) we do not have the pool available as many blue flag owner crystal clear sea is just a touch away.

Upon the review, we have just checked the room that you have stayed and I can confirm that the sliding door is actually not broken. As you also did not mention this during your stay, and as we have a standard sliding door mechanism, we didn't have a chance to show the door is operated which may have resulted on this misunderstanding.

Lastly and most importantly I want to apologise for making you feel as an inconvenience as you have mentioned on your comment.
In Gardenia Boutique Hotel, over the last 9 years which we have been operating, we have accommodated guests with over 50 different countries, nationalities, culture and background. In addition to this, we know that you are on your holiday and we always want you to feel the comfort of your own home while you are staying with us. This is the main reason why, unless it is necessary we do not contact you about anything in order to provide you with a peaceful and comfortable stay. However I assure that both owners and the employees are always around in case you needed help as you have contacted us on few occasions during your stay which we happily have helped you.

To sum up, we do not advertise products or services which we do not have and do our best to provide you a peaceful holiday however we also now that your valued comments such as this one will help us improve ourselves so once again, many thanks for your comments, apologies for any inconveniences for the holiday and I wish you would have contacted us about the problems so that we could have corrected at the moment of happening.

Best Regards,

Cem Caglar
Gardenia Hotel

Reviewed July 9, 2009

Last year we stayed for the first time at this wonderful boutique hotel and we decided to come back as often as we could, starting this year. The owners and staff are so kind and professional - they really make you feel at home. It is their commitment and friendliness that makes all the difference. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2009

We stayed in the Gardenia after spending three nights in Istanbul and couldn't have had a more relaxing time in Kas. We arrived late at night and the owner took us to a lovely local restaurant for dinner - and then we awoke to a spectacular view of the bay and the Greek island in Meis. Omer (the owner) gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and activities and even arranged some trips on our behalf including a beautiful private boat trip.

The staff were friendly, helpful and discreet; the location ideal - a short (easy) walk out of the town centre, but with great beach bars across the road; the room was large, comfortable and well-appointed; the art was intriguing.

Kas itself is a beautiful town and I'd recommend everyone goes there - and listens to Omer's suggestions.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends