“Great staff and service”

Dragoman Outdoor Activities Centre
Ranked #25 of 70 Tours in Kas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: DRAGOMAN organizes unique outdoor activities in the historical Lycian region and in the heart of Kas-Kekova Marine Protected Area, but also in a few very special spots in Turkey. In addition to different outdoor activities ranging from seekayaking to coasteering, mountain biking and hiking we are also one of the oldest dive centers in Kas.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We arranged a kayak trip to Kekova with Dragoman (dragoman-turkey.com) and highly recommend them for kayaking or diving. They are terrific with kids, the guides are excellent, and the day was one of our best in Turkey. If you take a regular boat to Kekova you must remain on the boat about 20m from the ruins that run along a single side of the island. In kayaks you can paddle right over the ruins, stop in the inlets, and really see the remains of the old buildings and staircases. This is a place more for the imagination than for seeing fully formed structures, but the bay is lovely and there are sea turtles. It’s refreshingly cool even on hot days to be on the water rather than on a boat, breathing diesel fumes. We had a delicious lunch and a chance to swim at Simena before an easy paddle back to Uçağiz. Prior to our arrival, the owner of Dragoman was also extremely helpful in getting us information about the open water swim race that takes place in June each year between Kas and Meis.

All reviews
"equipment"
in 4 reviews
"bay"

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My son has just completed his PADI Open Water with Archipel Diving run by Dragoman. At 15 we wanted him to learn with the company that we felt were the safest and would take the best care of him, whilst giving him the Knowledge that he needed to learn. Having visited another dive company and having not felt particularly comfortable with their approach, we decided upon Dragoman as we instantly felt at ease with the team and on first meeting them were extremely impressed with their friendly and highly professional attitude. Our son did a try dive first to see if he enjoyed it, with his instructor holding onto him throughout the dive. He loved it and then proceeded onto the course.

His dive instructor was exceptional and we have nothing but praise for her attention to detail and paramount safety. Our son felt very comfortable and confident with his instructor and completed a very thorough and detailed course with every aspect covered. The training takes place in the sea right from the beginning with every step nailed before the next one is taken.

My husband and I are both Advanced OW PADI divers but we have not dived for some time so whilst our son was completing his OW certification we completed a 'tune-up' dive program. We were fortunate enough to have Murat Dramon taking us who was exceptional and very patient. We covered some old ground and some new too. With our confidence restored we were then able to dive with a group. The site areas were always thoroughly explained to us by the enthusiastic crew and we felt very relaxed all the way. Whilst diving our younger daughter was able to swim and snorkel.

The whole Dragoman team from the staff in the shop to the boat crew were amazing. We have nothing but praise for them and could not wish for a more professional and caring organisation. Our son is now a qualified open water diver and our daughter hopes to return in two years time to complete hers. She is in no doubt that she wants only to learn with Dragoman and we are too. Thank you Dragoman for giving us this amazing and unforgettable experience.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The only company in Kas to do Coasteering! In fact, the only people in Turkey to coasteer - we even got interviewed for Turkish TV during the course of the day.

Coasteering is traversing the cliffs by the sea with a mixture of climbing, scrambling, swimming and, best of all, jumping into the sea from greater and greater heights. We had so much fun.

The staff were by far the best English speakers we'd come across amongst the three companies we did activities with and they were the friendliest by a mile.

Coasteering is pretty physical stuff though and far more demanding than Canyoning so start there if you're nervous. I'd highly recommend using Dragoman if you're visiting Kas for as many activities as you plan on doing (and they actually do).

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I did 3 outdoor activities with this agency including sea kayaking, mountain biking, and coasteering. All of the routes exceeded expectations but the one stood out the most was COASTEERING. I dont have much experience with climbing/coasteering but it was pretty exciting and adventerous. You do 3 things intermixed: climbing, traversing laterally, and swimming (when needed!). Some parts along the rocky coasts were somewhat moderately hard for me to traverse but even if you are a complete beginner - no problem! If you feel you cannot go on through a difficult rock, you can just jump into the water and swim for that bit.

At one point during the trip, we climbed 8-10 m high and jumped off into the water!! It was quite adrenaline-packed and this surely is a trip for the adrenaline-addict.

I would like to add that coasteering is a rare offering in Turkey by outdoor agencies and Dragoman quite possibly the only place that presents a route as exciting as this.

DO IT!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My PADI certified friend and my (beginner) self signed up for a day with Dragoman. First off, a day spent in a boat is a great start to a vacation day. Second, I had a great instructor. She's been diving for YEARS. She went over all the important signs I need to know underwater (never got this on my only other dive in Mexico) and really put me at ease. I snorkeled around the coast, always in site on the boat, on my own while I waited for my instructor for a one-on-one dive. Not a bad way to kill time :) While the water was cold, the wetsuit kept me snug in my 20-30 minute dive 6 meters deep. I was so happy to follow different schools of fish, point at eels and anemones, and touching the sea floor was a thrill! I signed up for a double try-dive, so ended up just walking into the water with all my equipment in the afternoon. What a blast! My friend enjoyed his sunken plane adventure and saw a sea turtle swim by. Breathe slow, breathe deep, and go with Dragoman!