“Delicious food, friendly service.”
Review of Zeytin Restaurant - CLOSED

Zeytin Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Don't let the fact that this restaurant is surrounded by other apparently more popular ones put you off. We have eaten here twice, and will probably eat here again before we go home next week. The food is of a high quality, Delicious bread! Prices are good - 3 mains + drinks for £30. Better than others in the Square that we have been to. The service is excellent. My daughter loved the Chinese Chicken - more like a creamy chicken casserole than what we think of as chinese food!

2  Thank MBerryBolton_England

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I was quite looking forward to eating at the Zeytin after reading the reviews and I have to say that it is in a great location (where the Alper used to be) and the food was OK but I just couldn't help feeling that something was missing.

I don't know if it was that I was expecting too much or it was just one of those evenings when things just don't come together quite as good as perhaps they could. Having enjoyed several meals at the Sultans Garden, the Zeytin's chef's former home, I suppose I was expecting something equally special. However, whilst our food was well prepared and presented, there was nothing that made it particularly distinctive in relation to other restaurants in Kas.

Having given it quite a bit of thought I can only think that it was a lack of atmosphere. Considering the location of the Zeytin, right on the main square, that may sound strange but whilst other resteraunts have a buzz, this one doesn't.

I am reluctant to condemn a restaurant such as this just on one meal so next time we are in Kas we will probably give it another try but our first impressions were not as good as we expected.

2  Thank Dave78Reigate
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stopped in tonight based on other reviews; front of house greeter was effusive as any other but the waiter's demeanour changed noticeably when he realised we were having just a quick dinner [3 mains and a couple of beers]. The food itself was very good and well presented, but with the place nowhere near full they could perhaps have hidden their irritation a little. Plates were snatched away at the end without even the usual brusque "Finished?"

Maybe just the end of a busy day, go there with an open mind and I'm sure you'll enjoy the food.

2  Thank chestnut1675
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Visited twice on our recent holiday and found the food and service excellent. Great Pide and fresh fish.

1  Thank PennypieceReadingUK
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Excellent food and service in the main town Square. Was a little wary at first because of the location but we needn't have worried. There is a lovely, relaxed feel to the whole area. Highly recomment this restaurant and would definitely return.

2  Thank nigelshimmin