“Super restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercan Restaurant

Mercan Restaurant
Ranked #152 of 189 Restaurants in Kas
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: struttura con esperienza decennale attiva dal 1956
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Super restaurant”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I am surprised to read poor reviews as we had a lovely meal here yesterday: mixed meze- 8 portions for 21TL, freshly prepared fish kebab (25TL) and beef stroganoff (40TL). Wine was 40TL. I have put prices in as a guideline.The service was efficient and friendly.
My partner and I felt this was a 'proper restaurant' rather than a cafe/ eatery. As we all know, you pay your money and you take your choice! We are going back tonight...

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Kas, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“comical service - though not really laughing”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

It might just be because I'm a tourist but I assume certain things when I go to a restaraunt in the med, firstly when you order starters as a party of five that they may actually arrive around the same time, especially if all but one of the starters is cold. Also, once again it may be my lack of cultural awareness but if you order hummus doesn't it normally come with something? One of our party managed to get their calamari, which looked great, the rest of us waited in anticipation for the rest of our starters. A bowl of hummus was presented and we waited for the usual pile of bread that seems to accompany every meal in Turkey, another of the party waited for a tuna salad.

None of these things materialised, eventually we asked the waiter if we could have bread and the rest of the food we ordered, he duely slapped his forehead and rushed off. Sadly this didn't translae into actually getting served. The bread and tuna salad turned up seconds before the main, the hummus at this point was not wanted or needed, the tuna salad was passable and slightly eaten. I ordered the leerfish, as a substitute to swordfish. I had pointed to the menu and mentioned in fillet/steak as much as I could, I may have even tried a little bad Turkish, this may have been the problem as what they put in front of me was not remotely steak, this was then eventually taken back. I went for a walk as the rest of my party ate. It eventually turned up before the other finished their last mouthfull, so we kind of ate together. The swordfish was average at best and came with no accompanying sides apart from a tomato and a quarter of onion. If I had been advised of this I may have ordered something additionally. The fish casserole however was fairly nice. service was very slow and when we finally got the bill there was definitely no tip. As a number of our party have worked in service industries we concluded that at least they could have provided us with a drink to make up for it, nothing, although I think it was quite clear they had messed up. It was a Saturday night but I would have described them as not that busy as there were many empty seats. On the whole there are much better views and places to eat, avoid.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank EJWoolley
“Very nice sea food !!!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been with friends very nice sea foods and nice meze's. Service is very good. Cooker is very Professional.

• Visited June 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
“Ordinary food!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We chose this place randomly and we didn't like it very much. Some mezes are fine but some of are bad and the place overpriced. We are not going to back this place.

• Visited May 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
“Another visit”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We are always surprised by the bad reviews for Mercan. We make a point of eating here every visit and enjoy the classic meze and fish. This visit was no exception. The service was friendly and efficient. The meze fresh and tasty. The personnel at the entrance do try and sell you the biggest most expensive fish, but be firm! Up selling is their job! Compared to other restaurants in town Mercan is no more pricey. Consider how long they have been serving quality food (20 years in my memory) and they can't be doing it all wrong!

• Visited April 2013