“Excellent food, great atmosphere and value for money”
Review of Meydan Restaurant

Meydan Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 201 Restaurants in Kas
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great atmosphere and value for money”
Reviewed November 28, 2009

I have visited Kas many times and the Meydan Restaurant is one of my favourites, in fact I find it very difficult to walk past it to go to another restaurant (but you cannot eat in the same restaurant every night, can you?).

I have never had a bad meal there and it as somebody else has said is a great place for people watching as it is right int he main square by the harbour where people, including the locals gather in the evening.

The staff are very friendly, I know that this is not unusal in Turkey, and also very attentive.

As for pricing, I was very surprised to read the review by Georg2009. The Meydan's menu (with prices) is clear for all to see, the same menu is given to vistors of ALL nationalities - including Turks. Like many restaurants the Meydan may sometimes give complimentary dishes, especially to regular customers - this does not relate to their nationality, I am British and have often been given complimentary mezes or a fruit plate following the main course.

In the years that I have been eating in the Meydan it has remained consistent in it's quality of food, service and its value for money.

I would strongly recommend it, but please just leave one table free for my wife and myself when were are in Kas.

2 Thank Adana

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth
“Great place for nosey people who love good food”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

During our 3 week trip to Kas we went to Meydan's 3 times. As my girlfriends dad introduced us to the staff as he owns a place out there they constantly remembered us and always had the best table for us. Genghis, Jaffy and co were always very friendly and the food was always lovely, really good value and perfectly cooked. The turkish pizza i tried on my last night but regret not trying it earlier as was really nice. Definately will be going to there again when we return in the future. it is based right in the square so during the night you can people watch.

Worcester
“wonderful place to watch the world go by”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

visited again this summer. Service made great by the fantastic staff, Meki,Gengis and Jaffir among them. The Meydan special pizza comes recommended.