All reviews duplex room infinity pool turkey great beach club late check fantastic views fantastic stay steps bay sea town taxis cleaners barman
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay in the hotel kalamar. We really appreciate the view and the service in the restaurant. We also like to thank the pool bar staff, they were very welcoming. The rooms were clean and all the staff accommodating.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Room was clean but there was a problem with the electricity / ac on the first night, we arrived very late and couldn't stay in the room. Also our kids room had not been made up for 3 instead of 2, generally a hapless response on night 1, and no great apology from management the next morning. Otherwise the main facilities in the hotel were lovely, 2 clean pools, nice bar food etc. Had to use own towels at the pool as they never had enough hotel ones. the breakfast room was also the main dining room, a beautiful outlook but SO HOT in the morning. Sweating over your breakfast is never nice. The dinner option was pretty rubbish, we ate there one night to show willing but not very popular. Breakfast was fine for adults, eggs and savoury sides, but not much for kids except nutella and bread. This is in a good location you can walk down (300) steps to the great beach club, and quick efficient taxi service into Kalkan. But a more dynamic management could really help it.

Room tip: Top floors have beautiful views but the climb from pool is longer! Lots of steps.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Great views from hotel and most staff friendly but that’s as good as it gets...yes the pool area looks nice but it’s too busy and thumps our loud music till 8pm, the toilet area down from the new pool is dirty and smells and looks like it’s needs a refurb already! Our room wasn’t the cleanest, we looked under the bed as I dropped something and it was rancid definitely not been swept in years, we had a veranda which could of been lovely but for the dirty and damaged patio furniture, parasol with holes in and seating with mouldy cushions etc... breakfast was actually ok and the restaurant area is probably the nicest part of the hotel.
WiFi is dreadful everywhere in hotel.
The walk is long to town but taxis are cheap and plentiful.
Wouldn’t stay here again ever, a lot better hotels in kalkan for same money. We visited several hotels during our holiday which were beautiful (elixir being one) and they just made the kalamar look like it needed knocking down and rebuilt.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2018

We stayed a week in early July and had a great experience. Everything, from the room size and facilities, through to the food - breakfast included in our stay - people and services all outstanding, at such a reasonable price. We would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. The infinity pool looking over the bay is worth it on its own!

Room tip: most rooms have balcony with sea views
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 617andrewr
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last year.

I was surprised on arrival of how small my room was. I went for breakfast and there is wasps all over the food.

Two days later I tried to go for a swim and was stopped by manager. Was told I couldn't enter as I was wearing a burkini and that I should go and swim in the pool upstairs on my own. If you see the size and look of the other pool you would be offended. After I approached the desk they told me too I can't enter with burkini and that I must remove it first when I asked for the managers name so I can make a complaint the owner came out and began throwing abuse swearing, calling me names, telling the other staff to check me out of the hotel and was in my face shouting.

I checked myself out and requested a refund from front desk immediately and got assisted by another staff member to move to another hotel that I had chosen.

The front desk manager was lovely and even agreed it was wrong all of it but couldn't do anything about his behaviour. The owner needs to be investigated.

I would never return here and I advise others not to unless you want to end up like me switching hotels half way through your stay!

Date of stay: August 2017