See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

If you don't want to stay in any villas, this is actualy one and only place in Akbar. Nice and quiet family run bungalows are just what you need during hard walk on Lycia way.
Rooms are big, water is hot and the presure from shower is also good. No shower curtains couses a fload in bathroom. Could be just a little bit more clean. Unfortunatly at the time of my visit the pool was empty.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2016

I stayed here for one night while walking part of the Lycian Way with theuntravelledworld.com. I was tired when I arrived as I had hoped to stay in Uzumlu but had been forced (by lack of options) to continue for another 3 or 4 miles down the road to Akbel. I negotiated a good DB&B deal on my arrival. My host cooked me an excellent dinner and, the following morning, breakfast. My wooden cabin was very simple but situated in a lovely peaceful setting. Once I'd worked out how the shower worked (hint: it's NOT electric), I was 100% satisfied with my stay.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

The Hidden Garden Hotel & Restaurant in the village of Akbel close to Kalkan is a lovely little place in the middle of the nature. We walked the Lycian Way and stayed here for three nights to start our hikes from here. The owner helped us wherever she could. We loved the dogs, chicken and goats being around us. The cosy bungalows are perfectly placed in the big and beautiful garden and around the pool. You can relax in the hammocks between all the olive and Palm trees. Breakfasts and dinners were very delicious. We totally recommend to stay at Hidden Garden!

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrischeChrosche
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed three nights as we were trekking part of the lycian way. Hidden garden is set in a perfect place outside of the busy kalkan. The hotel area is beutiful and felt very peaceful. The wodden cottages are clean and no problem with water or electricity. The owner cağla was the perfect host, very friendly and so helpful. We got help with transport to the start of hiking and her number in case we get problem along the way. The food was excellent, and being vegetarian was no problem. We strongly recommend this place if you are looking for a more peaceful place outside of the busy kalkan.

Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank Lycianyolu
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here last August, heavenly! So peaceful & quiet. Not to everyone's taste but for us this was fab. You really need a car to get here as its up on the hills of Kalkan away from everything, several kms away in fact, not sure that dolmus goes there! The owner is really lovely person and so helpful. We stayed on half board basis and couldn't fault the food for the 2 nights we were there. Staying in the wooden houses they were beautifully kept with ensuites and a/c. The swimming pool was superb, actually it felt like it belonged to us as no one else much about! The owner helps out at the local dog rescue centre and sometimes has dogs on the site. Turkish familes are also welcomed here along with their pets too, so guess not everyone pet lover but for those who are you'll love meeting her soon to be adopted animals while you're there.

Date of stay: August 2013