“Amazing”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Pine Tree Villa

BBQ and shaded dining area Welcome to your holiday home!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
BBQ and shaded dining area
Welcome to your holiday home!
Alfresco dining.
Balcony and daybed off the master bedroom with stunning sea views.
Another light and airy bedroom.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

heatherma...
barmouth
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 30, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We got back from Pine Tree Villa yesterday after the most amazing 2 weeks. I have been to many places in Turkey but think I have found a bit of Heaven on earth. The villa is fabulous, very clean and comfortable. Short walk to local shops and bars/restaurants. Due to us being very lazy and tired after a day around the lovely pool we got a taxi into the main town in the evening (on the evenings we could actually drag ourselves away from the villa) There's a phone number supplied for a local taxi man, very reliable and cheap. But there are plenty of taxis so you can take your pick. The cost of living in Kalkan is very cheap. We enjoyed it so much we have already booked to go back for another 2 weeks next year as we still have so much left to see and discover. Howard is a gem and sorted out our private transfer and recommended places to eat. The lady who meets you at the villa to show you around is lovely, English speaking and on call for any issues which may arise. If your looking for a bit of Heaven try Pine tree Villa, you wont be disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2017
Your age range 50-64
Tarryn M
Barmouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect!!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I am currently staying in Pine Tree Villa and have been here for 6 days. I have over a week left here and it's just not enough! I have been coming to Turkey ever since I can remember and always stay in Kusadasi. I havent been for a fair few years due to having a baby and work. We liked the look of this villa on the internet and thought we would try a new place. I am so glad we did. Everything is perfect here. The villa is super modern, spacious and spotlessly clean. Everything you could possibly need during a stay here is provided plus more! The lighting around the villa is so well thought out. Spot on! We have just booked some day trips through the company Howard and Helen use and they have been fantastic. Howard, Helen, Daisy, her husband and family and everyone connected to this villa can't do enough for you. The views are breathtaking and the pool is amazing. Cant put into words how much I LOVE it here and will absolutely be booking again!

I'd also like to thank you personally as you have reignited my love for Turkey and motivated me to continue with learning Turkish.

Date of stay: September 2017
Sep 24, 2017
Hi Tarryn

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased you are having a great time. We'd love to welcome you back. Enjoy the rest of your stay. Howard & Helen
stephenho...
Livingston, United Kingdom
“A home from home”
Reviewed September 11, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Since I wrote my last review in 2016 I have been back to Pine Tree Villa a further three times and it has delivered on every occasion, I always come home from Pine Tree feeling thoroughly rested and relaxed.
Pine Tree villa is located in a quiet tree lined street, five minute walk from the nearest bars and restaurants and twenty minutes walk to Kalkan old town.
Over the last year Helen and Howard have refurbished and upgraded the kitchen, bathrooms and pool, adding to the overall ambience and comfort of the villa. The villa on each occasion has been spotlessly clean and welcoming, providing our party will all the space and comfort needed during our stays.
There are a number of reasons why I keep returning to Pine Tree, the professional service provided by Helen & Howard when booking, the brilliant work of Daisy and the villa management team during my stays, the wonderful quiet setting, the cleanliness of the villa, the warm Turkish people, their culture and food, a cold Efes beer and of course the view over Kalamar Bay, there really is nothing to beat watching the sun set over the bay from the villa balcony with a cold drink in your hand while listening to the call to prayer in the distance.
I cannot wait to return to Pine Tree and Kalkan , it is definitely my home from home.
I will be contacting Helen & Howard shortly to look at booking for 2018.

Date of stay: August 2017
Sep 12, 2017
Hi Stephen. Thank you again for your kind words. It is so very pleasing to Helen and myself that you enjoy the house,the surroundings and the wonderful people of Kalkan. You are always very welcome.

Best wishes,

Howard and Helen
Curious52...
“Fabulous sea view villa”
Reviewed August 10, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

A wonderful villa with stunning views, lots of space and comfort to really relax. A fantastic holiday spent by the pool or at the nearby beach club; great restaurants within walking distance and Kalkan a short cab ride away. Very teenage friendly with wifi, Sky, a BBQ and lots of separate hanging out space. We will visit again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Aug 17, 2017
Hi Gina.
Thank you so much for your review. It really means a lot and we would love to welcome you again in the future.
Howard & Helen.
Carol C
Staffs
“Pine Tree Villas”
Reviewed July 6, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We recently stayed in this villa. What a very bad experiance we had.

We were kept awake for 3 nights from a pack of 10 or so dogs running up and down outside the villa barking all night.

The loud speaker from the mosque at 11pm all through the day and again at 5am!! Very near the villa
And the tannoy from the town going off all day!!
You shouldnt advertise a place as "Quiet and tranquil"when it Clearly is not!!

After 3 days we had to pay and move into another place on the other side Kormuluk,

Despite explaining to Howard the owner that he had not warned us how very noisy this area is (Kalamar)

His response was "I cannot be held responsible for dogs barking or the mosque on loud speaker at 11pm and again 5am in the morning!!"

Unbelievable!! No you couldnt But .... having compassion,sympathy for your guest and a willingness to return some of the money that your guest paid £830 for a weeks stay would have gone a long way and apologising would have gone a very long way!
What a way to treat a paying guest!!
Complete disregard and sympathy for a persons dilemma. Just awful attitude.

We then moved to Kormuluk costing us a further £400 but we had a lovely enjoyable quiet time and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kormuluk has the best views and is quiet from the stray dogs and mosque noise.
If you are going to Kalkan which is a beautiful place.
Do your homework and stay in the auiter area of the island.
We would definately not recommend Pine Villas or Its owner!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Jul 19, 2017
Paul,
As I explained in my email to you:

Hi Carol and Paul,

I am sorry to hear about your issues. We have owned the villa for 6 years and spend around 6 weeks each year there. We have rented the villa out for around 5 years and never once had a complaint about the dogs. Indeed we have families who spend 2 separate holidays per year there. If I had heard dogs barking at any time and felt this to be an issue I would have spoken to the owners. I have spoken with Daisy who has advised me the call to prayer is as a result of Bayram, The Muslim Turkish equivalent of Christmas. This is a big holiday for the locals and i have no control over these events. This finishes today and the call to prayer will diminish significantly. As the dogs do not belong to me and I do not own a dog in Turkey I am struggling to see what effect I could have in this case. As I alluded to already I have never experienced it and no other guests have ever mentioned it. Unfortunately I am not in a position to make any form of refund to you as I am not responsible for other owners dogs or the Turkish festival. if I could think of another way to resolve this I would. I am sure you are unlikely to experience the same level of noise as you have up to now.

Regards,

Howard

It is with real sadness to receive such a review especially when the only other reviews we have received have been outstanding. You mentioned there was a lack of an apology. I ask you to read my response despite the fact that no other person has ever mentioned about dogs or loudspeakers.
You were in the area to finalise the purchase of a villa of your own. I cannot believe for one moment you would consider such a purchase if you did not like the area. Indeed you sent me this email the day after you arrived:

Hi Howard.

Watching the sun rise this morning. . Really beautiful over the bay.

Love the villa and the pool is really warm too.

Could you forward the Wifi details? Sadly need to do a bit of work

Regards Paul

This seems a far cry from the description you have left on our website.

In terms of compensation I spoke with our agent Daisy and asked for her opinion. She did not feel for one moment that a refund, either in full or in part was warranted. This is our holiday home and myself and my wife are very proud of it. It isn't a business and the rentals help to pay for the running costs. We are dismayed to have received such an unwarranted review which is in stark contrast to every other guest who has reviewed the villa.

Finally, I would like to make one last comment. If barking dogs and a call to prayer from the loudspeaker was such a problem I would immediately sell our property and holiday elsewhere. We have no such intention. I am very sorry to have to defend ourselves so robustly but you leave us no option.

Howard & Helen Little.
stephenho...
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Rooms with a view”
Reviewed June 23, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I have just returned with my family from a fabulous twelve night stay at Howard and Helen’s wonderful Pine Tree Villa.
From the moment we arrived at Dalaman airport and were met by our excellent driver, through to our departure back to the airport (all arranged by Howard) the whole holiday was perfect.
Pine Tree Villa is set in a quiet tree lined street in Kalamar bay, five minutes on foot from Kalamar beach club and the excellent choice of bars and restaurants on the Kalamar Road, we all particularly enjoyed the excellent food and service at Yelkin and The Brothers; it is around a twenty minute walk or five minutes and around £5 by taxi to Kalkan harbour with its many excellent restaurants, bars and shops.
On arrival at Pine Tree we were met by Hussein, who welcomed us and gave us thorough tour of the villa and its amenities. The villa is modern, spacious, has four large bedrooms, three well-appointed bathrooms, a large living area and a very well equipped kitchen. The villa is fully air conditioned a must at this time of year. There are many small touches that make you feel very welcome and feel right at home, such as the welcome pack, the Turkish towels, lots of candles and a full Sky package.
The external area and pool of the villa is looked after and serviced daily by Celal (who lives in the villa opposite). It has well-kept gardens with wonderfully shady olive trees to escape the sun. The infinity pool area was clean and inviting with comfortable loungers to relax on, there is also a wonderful shaded dining area that we used for both lunch and dinner.
We were tempted, but did not use the garden barbecue, opting on a couple of occasions to order ‘packet service’ delivery from the excellent Hunkar Ocakbasi barbecue, and eat alfresco under the olive trees.
The highlight for me is the views over Kalamar Bay from the master bedroom balcony and the sunset over the hills from the pool area, both are simply stunning.
I have already spoken to Howard and will confirm my booking for October 2016 with him next week. We all loved Pine Trees, Kalkan, the Turkish people and culture, and we cannot wait to return.
I cannot recommend Pine Tree enough; it is clear that Howard and Helen take great pride in the product and service they are providing.

Stephen

Date of stay: June 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, the villa and the service provided by the owners
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 30, 2016
Hi Stephen, thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in October. We love Kalkan and its people. It is such s special place. Thank you again, Howard
susanp367
West Lavington, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed May 29, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We are coming to the end of our stay at this lovely villa and have enjoyed every second. It is in a wonderful location with spectacular views, particularly from the master bedroom balcony. It's spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and well appointed. It's extremely relaxing and quiet but with excellent restaurants within easy reach. Howard has been extremely helpful and also organised our car hire at an excellent rate. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this villa for family or friends and hope to return again in the future.

Date of stay: May 2016
Jun 1, 2016
Hi Sue and Chris,

That is very kind of you. Thank you very much indeed. Howard and Helen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing