“Birthday dinner”

Lighthouse
Ranked #73 of 198 Restaurants in Kalkan
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A couple of your general reivews about Kalkan mention the restaurant by the Lighthouse. It's certainly been there for at least four years.
Brisbane, Australia
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The view was spectacular and the service was of a high standard. The food was fresh and of a high standard. My daughter had the steak with salad and a potato filled with chives and garlic. I had the lobster with the salad and the same potato as my daughter. The steak melted in your mouth. The waiter had a lot of knowledge about wines and suggested the red for my daughter and a nice white fruity wine for myself to compliment the meals. The service was great with the waiter always topping up our glasses before we even had a chance to do it ourselves. The deserts were varied and we could not decide which one we wanted. We ordered three different deserts and shared them. When the waiter bought out our deserts he suggested a nice port to accompany the deserts. All in all the experience was something that I will always remember and would not hesitate to return to this restaurant just for the experience and the wonderful food. If you have never been there I highly suggest you do.

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Croston, United Kingdom
“A lovely spot”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Whilst we never eat here, we did enjoy a very relaxing evening of drinks breathing in the views. I will return next year and eat here as the food looked very nice and as this is a popular spot with locals, this is always a good recommendation.

• Visited October 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A Great Spot For Lunch”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Everytime we come to Kalkan we use The Lighthouse as our #1 place for lunch. The menu ranges from snacks, to mains, to salads to breakfasts. We've only ever had breakfast or lunch here but each time it has been great value for money and enjoyable. The salads are filling, the toasted sandwiches are excellent & come with chips and side salad, I love the meatball sandwich which is more sub than sandwich. When we arrived it was pouring so they were closed so I had an omelette in one of the 'cordon bleu' places on the harbour, it was a skinny 1 egg affair, on our last dayI had a mixed omelette at Lighthouse, it was huge and filled with all sorts of things at a lesser price.The location is to die for, sat at the entrance to the harbour with superb views. Yes there are cats & dogs roaming (& sleeping) around but they don't beg or annoy you, if you are lucky Garfield will come and sit on your lap.
Would I go back again? You bet I will time & time again.

• Visited October 2013
carmarthen
“How Did We Come To Miss This before?”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We came here for lunch as we were waiting for the charity swim to finish on the beach. Despite umpteen trips down to the harbour we hadn't ever set foot here before. The position right on and overlooking the harbour mouth and Kisla Bay is stunning and the menu though a bit restrictive compared to some places is reasonably varied and actually cheap (by Kalkan standards). The drinks here are cheaper than most too. An absolutely great place for lunch - good food, great service, great prices - what more can you want?

Visited October 2013
1 Thank paul s
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Cheaper good quality food and wine, the service was a lot slower on our second visit. This restaurant has lovely view at the end of the mariner .

Visited October 2013