“Very nice family evening”

Escudo terrace restaurant
Ranked #55 of 210 Restaurants in Kalkan
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We sat on the roof terrace and had a lovely evening with great food - we had a selection of starters and mains and could not find fault in any of it. The attention to detail was great - we were even offered pashminas when it got chilly.

1  Thank Karen29_10

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have just returned from a week's break in Kalkan, Turkey and visited this wonderful restaurant twice. I wish we had discovered it sooner and I will definately be going back on my next visit! The food was wonderful and so tasty and offered an extensive menu with loads of amazing starters,mains and deserts all made from local produce and cooked impeccably. The staff are brilliant and offer excellent service and are so friendly and love a bit of banter whilst still keeping service of a high standard. We sat on terrace with lovely views out to the sea. I would highly recommend this lovely place to anyone including couples, families and friends. I think if you go you will definately return. One further thing is that all the dishes are very reasonably priced.

1  Thank 1906gemini
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were enticed into making a reservation by the very friendly staff on the street along with the menu which all looked delicious with the promise of food freshly cooked to order and some special house dishes. Unfortunately it was a freakishly windy evening and although we started off on the terrace with its lovely views once I had a vase of flowers and a glass of wine blown over me we decided to move to the lower floor! The inside of the restaurant was stuffy and hot as we were seated next to the kitchen which was a shame but the food was as they had promised absolutely delicious. Persian lamb was melt in the mouth and sea bass stuffed with almonds, spinach and tomatoes was to die for! The menu is quite traditional but my children managed to find a steak and pasta dish that was not too busy! Overall a very nice evening despite the weather.

1  Thank Mulberryfairfields
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We've just returned from a two-week trip with friends sailing the southern coast of Turkey. We ate at Escudo on May 27. The restaurant does all the traditional dishes better than anywhere else we ate. The starters were superb, as were the mains, and the desserts as wonderfully presented as they were delicious. The service is friendly, attentive and discreet; more importantly, the staff know what to do and how. Ismail is modest, unassuming and the perfect host. As others have remarked, he is not pushy. He or one of his staff are out in the afternoon and will tell you about what they serve, but with no pressure. If you're looking for a special meal to fill the evening in cosy, intimate surroundings, I highly recommend it. I love this part of Turkey and will be back. And that undoubtedly means another trip to Escudo. Thanks for the most memorable evening of our trip!

3  Thank Michael J
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was one of our favourites last year and has maintained its excellence. We had three dinners here. The Persian lamb was very good indeed and, if you don’t like lamb, they will do a chicken version, which I loved. Portion sizes are not huge, which suits us, as there’s nothing worse than being confronted with a vast plate of food, and they don’t clutter up the plate with loads of bits of useless garnishes/salad which no-one ever eats.
Wines are good: they have the Likya wines again. Sauvignon blanc is fine and Patara red is excellent.
Things are still a bit slow in the kitchen and we had to wait a fair while for our main courses, but that didn’t really bother us, as they brought some tasty freebie figgy bread and some dips/olives/nibbles each time.
Işmail is a good host.
Table settings are very elegant, with top quality glassware.

1  Thank Etheldreda87