“Service a little poor”
Review of Gironda

Gironda
Ranked #42 of 211 Restaurants in Kalkan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gironda is an old greek house which has been designed as a restaurant by Ada Brothers . The restaurant is a attracting many people by means of its ambiance, delicious meals and quality service.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We dined here whilst on holiday recently. The building is outstanding and the welcome by the owner was good. The food was excellent with huge choice however the service was a let down, three hours for the meal with long waits between courses. Some waiters didnt seem interested. Don't go for the music not worth it.

1  Thank ella020

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have visited this place on numerous occasions over the last 15 years. I returned in September and was very disappointed with my visit. In the past, I regarded this as one of the best in Kalkan, but I am afraid it may now be resting on its reputation. The first thing I noticed that was different was that they now cram tables onto the terrace, so that the lovely ambience has disappeared. My biggest gripe though has to be the service, which in many other restaurants is top class. The waiter was not listening when taking our order, and as a result presented me with the wrong starter, the prawns instead of the mushrooms. Of course, everyone makes mistakes, but he argued with me in quite an aggressive manor. Everyone on my table clearly heard I had asked for mushrooms, so I knew he had misheard, but it was the way he argued with me that took me by surprise.
When the mains arrived, I have to say I was impressed with my dish, Gironda chicken. My partner however ordered chicken fajitas (he is not too adventurous) and they were awful. The peppers, onions etc were cooked separately and a piece of leather like chicken slapped on top. The salsa was merely ketchup and the wraps were stale and rock hard.
So, will not be visiting again. Used to be lovely, but many more much better places to try!

1  Thank AndreaRose_12
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Tried it and happy we did. The food was very good as was the service. Reasonably priced. Can recommended it.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were really looking forward to coming here. The pre drinks in the courtyard were lovely,the seating, the live music were all very good. However although we don't like to be rushed I felt the service was very poor once the starter had been served and as people left, we seemed to get ignored for long periods and in fact gave up waiting for dessert and were not asked if we wanted to see the menu again until some 40 minutes after we finished the main meal. Whilst once the young couple next to us having been largely ignored mentioned the parents house they were related too had four waiters flocking round them. Obviously the parents were well known here. The food was o.k but not great, but I would like to come back next year to give it another chance to impress.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Gironda is a fantastic restaurant. Although it is a bit more expensive than other restaurants in Kalkan, it's well worth a visit.

The food is great, the staff are friendly and courteous and the views are lovely.

I would recommend booking as it gets busy and suggest a pre dinner drink on their terrace - lovely.