“Make sure you are hungry!”
Review of Akdeniz Restaurant

Akdeniz Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 211 Restaurants in Kalkan
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located beside the Chocolate Br and Istanbul Restaurant, behind the Fish Market. About a 2 minute walk from the central taxi rank. Tel 844 2859 - Gsm 0536 441 87 14
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were shown to a table straight away and they brought out a selection of meze to choose from. We chose four and they swiftly arrived and the bread came a little later. I filled up too much on the starter and when my main course arrived, a chicken dish with potato arrived I struggled to eat it all. My husband had fish and had no problem in eating it!!
It was lovely and the owners came out to be reassured there was nothing wrong, which there was not.
There was a man playing music and the chefs son on the accordian, who was brilliant at playing.
There was not many other diners and it can easily be missed. The easiest way is to head to Chocolate Bar and it is next door. 'A hidden treasure'.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Off the beaten track so this is a quiet restaurant but with this you get a personal service, no rush to eat and vacate your table and food that is outstanding. This is our second year in Kalkan so we have eaten in most restaurants, I can assure you this is on of the better ones and well worth a try.
Lastly as its off the main high street it's much more competitively priced.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

After three trips to Kalkan my daughter insisted we try this garden restaurant tucked away behind the main route the tourists heading for the harbour
I'm glad we did ... sumptuous fresh calamari was collapsed by a chicken in brandy sauce with mushrooms, rice and fresh all dente vegetables all freshly cooked
My wife true the felafel and my daughter a sizzling chicken, cheese and potato bake.
Attentive but not obsequious service and a bill less that thirty quid means we will return.
The only thing that lets the place down is the poor signposting but if you walks last fotos on your left and then the chocolate Bar you will be rewarded
Best of all we were the only British people there ... if you know what I mean

Reviewed August 5, 2013

behind the "chocolate bar" is a nice restaurant worth a visit. We had great service and good, reasonably priced food. The steak is really good, the Calves Liver is apparently (not my taste ANYWHERE) delicious and the kids had good egg and meatball dishes. Evening slightly dulled by music from chocolate and by it being a quiet night . Overall 4 beers, 2 mains, 2 kids mains, water & 2 soft drinks 115TL. No "free" Meze but we weren't THAT hungry anyway. Will go back next year as certainly worth coming off the main, generally overpriced, less good main town drag for!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We found this restaurant by accident and glad we did, it is next to the Chocolate Bar, down the road from Chillies Restaurant, great steak with a nice ambience, good service and good price.
Very pretty setting.