“DONT GO THERE WORST TRAVEL EXPERIENCE EVER, manager was abusive and was physically abusive and threatening”

The Old Trading House
Ranked #18 of 27 Kalkan B&B and Inns
London
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Had noise every night above my room,after midnight talking from staff and table and chairs moving .
The first night I heard some noise above my room which was from the restaurant. I heard moving of tables and chairs.
The second night I also woke up to some noise of similar circumstance.
The next day I mentioned this to manager and asked if I could move rooms as that may make some difference, although there was only 4 rooms so was not that hopeful.

Manager said that would be no problem and I moved into the other room. I came to Kalkan to chill out and needed to have a restful sleep which did not happen during my stay.
After that when I came back from the beach to have a shower and go out for the evening I did not feel welcome there. In fact I felt I was a hindrance. I was never asked how my day was or how my holiday was. I just accepted this but felt uncomfortable.

On the Friday night I woke up at approx 3.15am to hear people talking, clanging of cutlery and chairs being moved.
I waited a bit to see if the noise would stop or I would fall asleep. This did not happen and after not having a good sleep since I arrived I went upstairs to tell whoever was there that I could not sleep.

When I got there there was about 6 people including Manager all eating.
They looked surprised when they saw me.
I said that I could not sleep as I could hear them.
This escalated and Manager got very angry saying they were being very quiet and that I was always complaining.

I said that all I wanted was to be able to sleep I was on holiday and I had paid a lot for the room as there were much cheaper places I saw before I booked and I mentioned that not once was my roomed cleaned since my start of the holiday and I had not mentioned it.

The girl said that that was because I had not left my key.
I responded by saying that I had not been told to leave my key as in all the travelling the hotel or pension had 2 keys and the room was always cleaned during the day when I was out.

This then turned into a full blown row and Manager stood up and shouted at the top of his voice and banged the table with his fist and then came up to me shouting with a cleansed fist.

His behaviour was extremely aggressive and threatening.
I said that I did not come up to start a row and suggested he sit down so we could talk in a calmer manner.
He ignored this and at that point other member of staff aked Manager to calm down.
By that time I felt scared and threatened as his aggression was extremely threatening.
I said how dare he speak to me in that tone, I was a client .
I then ran downstairs to my room while Manager was shouting to give him the keys.
I did not know what if anything more would happen and felt unsafe and extremely shaken by this.
I did not sleep the rest of the night and early morning I left to get somewhere else to stay as I could not stay another minute longer.
I also spoke to couple who went to eat at restaurant and food was so bad they just wanted to pay for the drinks as they had not touched the food. Manager would not let them leave until they paid and wife was shouted with rude words.I was still in shock and extremely shaken and upset by this whole incident asManagers behaviour was completely out of order and out of control and he clearly has a temper that he cannot control.

There are other comments on review page of other people who experienced aggressive behaviour. This place should be CLOSED DOWN

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank bubblyc

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first