“Just as wonderful as the first time we visited.”

Mussakka Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 210 Restaurants in Kalkan
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Lovely food, of course I went for the Mussakka. My husband had a steak, both dishes were wonderful. We were treated like friends how they remember you out of the thousands of visitors that choose Mussakka over the years I really don't know! Yes it's a little more expensive than some of the other restaurants further back, but it is good value and the food is delicious and the service outstanding. ,

2  Thank Jane B

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Nice friendly restaurant down by the harbour and apparently new this year. Friendly staff enticed us in with what looked like a great menu. Excellent plate of hot Mezze, Sea bass was fresh and excellent. My middle son, aged 12 expressed concern that going off the childrens menu would leave him hungry. The waiter gave him an enormous milkshake and then said that as soon as he finished his pizza he would get another and so on until full - needless to say that the 1st one was far to big for him to finish. I chose the Paella which was disappointing as I foolishly expected it to be like the Spanish version

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a good solid choice among the many bewildering options in town. It is not a rooftop and is not harbourside, but does what it can with a buzzy location on the main lower street.
Cocktails fizzed with liquid nitrogen and tasted good. A little on the pricey side at 22TL each.
Mezze starters were great and tasted of local herbs and flavours. Meats were prefectly cooked and portions huge. We still managed to share a portion of excellent deep-fried icecream. Very generous liquors on the house. It is a favourite for regulars and rightly so .
Friendly service and a lively atmosphere of happy well-fed diners.

3  Thank UnaW
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by somebody who worked in another restaurant (another restaurant we rate very highly) who actually told us, "If you don't enjoy it, I will pay your bill myself".
Talk about confidence. And we found out why! Absolutely fantastic meal. Between 8 of us we had a variety, from chicken liver to mixed grill, to fish pizza which was not on the menu, but was designed by one of our party to be exactly what he wanted. Amazing.
Thank you Mussakka. You made our final night on holiday a very enjoyable, memorable one.

3  Thank Sion D
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Just had a super meal at Mussaka. Started with the cold meze but not needed as free bread, olives & cheese. I had the mixed grill which was perfectly cooked and my wife the moussaka which tasted great. We shared a bottled of wine and followed it with tea and liquor. Only moan is the fact there was no Turkish tea and we got another liquor on the house. We will be visiting again before we go home as food was outstanding.

3  Thank Wilkointhorpe657