“Fab food with fab friends!”

Mussakka Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 208 Restaurants in Kalkan
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,195 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,851 helpful votes
“Fab food with fab friends!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our friends had come over for a week & their first night had to be one of exceptional food.Moussaka it is then!
Warm welcome as always from Memhet & his team & best table in the house. Food as always was fabulous in both flavour & presentation. Their signature 'Moussaka' is delicious & wow, their 'Chocolate Brownies'!!
My wife had 'Mozerella Chicken' which was fantastic & our guests had large & well cooked Fillet Steaks. All washed down with the always good, local Patara red wine.
Great food at a great price.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Leedsaway67

• Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Divine”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have visited this restaurant a few times and have never been disappointed. The food is amazing, the service is impeccable, and Mehmet always does his best to make sure you are enjoying your evening. It's in a lovely location and offers many delicious food options.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank TLZ7
“Return visit”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have been to this restaurant on numerous occasions now and been very happy with the welcome we have received. My favourite dish is the champagne and prawn risotto which is full of fresh herbs and Parmesan shavings and drizzled with lemon it is delicious. The wine was very good and it was called dlc sultaniye - emir - worth paying a bit more for a very good wine! We will be back in the summer.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Suzanne C
Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Lovely Location, incredible food and friendly staff - We couldn't ask for any more!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I'm not normally a reviewer but I'm ashamed it's taken me this long to write a review about Mussakka, we love it there and definitely one of the best restaurants we've ever been to!
In a 2 week holiday we try to visit around 4/5 times and always spend our last night at Mussakka, what a way to end a holiday.

The food is incredible, there was something for everyone (5 Adults) and since our first visit to Mussakka in 2009 we've only ever been truly impressed with the menu (we would of tried everything but we ran out of time and the steaks were too good). The steaks are the best I've ever had, the portion sizes are perfect, all the fish is extremely fresh (the prawns are amazing) and the sauces are packed full of flavour. I would recommend the steak with Roquefort sauce - it's fantastic.

Mehmet, Kitty and their team are lovely. Even when we eat somewhere else we always manage to find our way back to Mussakka for a nightcap or late night drinks with all the staff - The atmosphere is addictive.

Kalkan really is one of the most beautiful towns in Turkey I've ever seen (I've been 5 times in the last 7 years, 3 of which to Kalkan), all the amazing food is overwhelming (even for a foodie) but I would definitely recommend Mussakka - we can't wait to go back.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank JessieS88
Oxford, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Fantastic setting, friendlyand helpful staff. The steaks are some of the best you will have tasted. Paella great. I can recommend the moussaka. It comes up in a wok with no bechamel sauce just as a Turkish moussaka should do!!

• Visited July 2012