“Well worth a visit”

The Old Trading House Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 208 Restaurants in Kalkan
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here guests can enjoy not only the view, but also Traditional Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine with some great specials and good selection of wine list and spirits/ cocktails. Our menu also offers Vegetarian dish,junior menus and good variety of deserts.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have visited Kalkan on may occasions and always visit the old trading house and have never been disappointed. I particularly like the fillet steaks with great sauces but they have a comprehensive menu that would be hard to beat. The staff are very attentive and the views from the top terrace are great. We have never had a bad meal here and would recommend it whole heartedly

Visited September 2013
1 Thank holidaymad8449

• Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“''Marvelous view, Superb food''”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The old trading house is both a restaurant and a hotel. It has four special decorated rooms. We stayed there during our Ramadan holiday. During our stay, we decided to eat there one night. We asked the manager to book a nice table on the secand floor as they have two level terrace.We went there a bit early to catch the marvelous sunset. Our table was on the second floor but ,not on front line just behind the front. We asked to sit by the edge on the front but, all front line fully booked. We wished we had booked our table earlier, but it was still great. The food was superb, menü has wide range of Traditional and international foods. We had Lam pie and Duck with special sauce which were great. We highly recommed this restaurant. You shouldn't miss this place.

• Visited August 2013
Denizli, Turkey
“Not disappointed”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We are regular visitors to Kalkan and always include The Old Trading House in our 'must visit' restaurants. They never disappoint. The Ambience is lovely, relaxed and what a great vista over the harbour. The service is friendly but over the top like some of the other restaurants where we feel they are more pushy in getting us to write something on Trip Advisor rather than just letting us enjoy. The lamb pie is to die for. Don't be put off by negative comments. If you want a special, relaxed evening, go here.

London, United Kingdom
“Rude waiters and unclean glasses”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Decided to eat here, not busy (and other restaurants were). Had high hopes and was in the middle of choosing our dinner. There was a bit of confusion with one of the waiters not understanding the request of providing a clean glass for the wine and larger. The wine comes in a glass the size of a thimble, filled to the brim. However once I spoke with another waiter he was very rude and dismissive, happy to pour the dirty glass into another over the table (and my lap).
The food looked good, but I was just so unhappy with a few things, we decided not to stay.
My husband had ordered a Bloody Mary, which I also tasted and thought was very badly made.
Given the number of restaurants available is kalkan, it's clear that they have a bad reputation and it is very clear why!

Essex
“The worst meal I have ever been served”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A truly awful experience. Yes the view was good but to be honest it's hard to find a bad view in Kalkan (we certainly didn't) so I cannot give this 'restaurant' marks for that. Starter was bland and overpriced. For the main course I ordered a simple grilled fish that looked good when it arrived. Unfortunately it was frozen. I didn't think it could get worse than that but it did when I discreetly told the staff; initially they thought it was quite funny with the manager pretending to slap his own wrists (yes bizarre) and then telling me it was because the restaurant/chef was busy. Not really acceptable in any circumstances but considering there were 10 people in the restaurant .................. My husband ate his meal and then my fish was served again (yes the same fish); all in all disgusting. Just to round off the evening perfectly the manager then got fairly aggressive; having now read other reviews I understand it's his normal behaviour. Please be very careful of this 'restaurant'.