“Excellent day had by all”
Review of Dolphin Scuba Team

Dolphin Scuba Team
Ranked #5 of 34 Tours in Kalkan
More attraction details
Owner description: We opened our doors in 1993 as the first scuba diving center in Kalkan. Since that time, 22 years and counting, we have always approached our business with a serious focus on safety combined with the fun and joy of scuba diving in a comfortable environment. We are a family-oriented business and have enjoyed seeing our ever-increasing number of divers return to us year after year.Our team of friendly and professional staff do everything they can to make your time with us enjoyable and memorable. As with any small business, members of the team pitch in and perform any task that requires doing, even if it is not specifically their job. This spirit is personified by our owner/captain/instructor who can be seen doing everything from deck swabbing to piloting the boat.Our dive guides and instructors are qualified to the highest internationally-recognized diving standards, trained in first aid and all are English-speaking with a working knowledge of at least one other language. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced diver, we cater to your specific needs.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was planning for a days diving during our time in Kalkan but wanted to include my family and friends a party of seven in all, the Dolphin Scuba fitted the bill perfectly.
The boat accommodated all the non divers who were able to snorkel and swim while the divers were under and all enjoyed a lovely prepared meal and chill out after on the spacious sundeck all in the cost of 40tls.
My son had a couple of try dives the first of which I was able to accompany him and the dive master before doing my second dive which was for qualified divers only, the dive team were excellent, friendly and offered loads of assurance for the guys on try dives and novices aboard.
My second dive was on an interesting reef with a nice swim through although as usual for the Med not abundant in marine life but none the less very enjoyable and not as costly for the dive package and full kit as other parts of the world I have been to!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"kamal"
"excitement"

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I hadn't previously thought of scuba diving but after joining friends on the day decided to give it a go. The whole team ooze calm, confidence and friendliness which makes the whole experience fantastic. Thanks again for a wonderful time!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently did my PADI open water course with the Dolphin Dive Team and they were fantastic. They have a very well set up boat, the dive equipment is in good condition and the dive leaders are excellent. I was trained by Krista who is an expert and very understanding with new divers. The rest of the crew are great and I cannot recommend anyone go anywhere else in the area for diving. I can't wait to get some more dives in with them before my holiday ends!.

1  Thank JackDarwin
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I intended to dive for one day during my stay in Kalkan but I have ended up spending several days with the team. The boat is also great for non divers and an excellent lunch is provided and the top deck of the boat provides a sun bathing area which also has an area with shade.

Non divers are able to use the snorkel equipment and if they feel tempted they can also participate in a trial dive at a further cost.

My son took his PADI open water with this team and I was extremely confident he was in professional hands and very safe.

I would like to return next year and dive again with this team and would have no hesitation in recommending them to all visiting divers and those keen to try .

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I would never normally have considered diving as I am scared of the water and tend to avoid it, much happier on the deck than swimming. My other half loves diving and we'd planned to spend a day on the boat so that he could do a couple of dives and I could sunbathe on the deck. One evening after getting through a couple bottles of wine with dinner, we wandered back along the marina and went to book a place on the Dolphin boat. Suddenly the idea of diving seemed quite attractive and I found myself booking a try dive. The dive master Kamil seemed to realise I might have different ideas in the morning and said we could change the booking on the day. On the day I was shaking with fear but the team were so friendly and encouraging that I had relaxed by the time we went through the briefing. They explained everything in detail in Turkish and English and then took us to a gorgeous shallow bay for the first try dive. The team helped me get set up and when I got into the water I started to panic about going under. Kamil was very reassuring, telling me that we could stop at any moment and that we wouldn't go under until I was happy doing so. We spent a while by the boat so that I could test putting my face under water. Once I had calmed down he held my hand and started swimming slowly away from the boat. He made me feel very safe and I soon got distracted by the fish and how beautiful everything looked under water. He was extremely patient and very encouraging. I would definitely recommend Dolphin if you accidentally get drunk and book a diving trip when you are scared of the sea!

1  Thank 70Hayley70