“An enjoyable day's diving.”
Review of Dolphin Scuba Team

Dolphin Scuba Team
Ranked #5 of 29 Tours in Kalkan
More attraction details
Owner description: We opened our doors in 1993 as the first scuba diving center in Kalkan. Since that time, 22 years and counting, we have always approached our business with a serious focus on safety combined with the fun and joy of scuba diving in a comfortable environment. We are a family-oriented business and have enjoyed seeing our ever-increasing number of divers return to us year after year.Our team of friendly and professional staff do everything they can to make your time with us enjoyable and memorable. As with any small business, members of the team pitch in and perform any task that requires doing, even if it is not specifically their job. This spirit is personified by our owner/captain/instructor who can be seen doing everything from deck swabbing to piloting the boat.Our dive guides and instructors are qualified to the highest internationally-recognized diving standards, trained in first aid and all are English-speaking with a working knowledge of at least one other language. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced diver, we cater to your specific needs.
Blairgowrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An enjoyable day's diving.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a fab 2 week holiday in Kalkan (last 2 in Sept 12) with my wife, and the icing on the cake was the day when I arranged to dive with the Dolphin Scuba Team. A well run spacious dive boat, with a warm welcome from Kamil the captain and Teak the dive master (with the tan to match his name). Trainees and experienced dive in separate groups, and the two dives we had on Middle and Camelstone reefs were most enjoyable. Lunch was ok. Have dived in many sites across Europe and the Red Sea, and the Dolphin Scuba Team in Kalkan did not disappoint.

1 Thank Alan S

• Turkish first
Belmullet
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Exhilarating and Fun”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having holidayed in Kalkan for years was persuaded by a friend this holiday to go Scuba Diving. I'm not a particularly strong swimmer, so was a bit apprehensive about going, but once there was put at ease by the team, who are both professional and fun. They took the time to explain everything in detail, there were only 3 of us on the beginner’s course so we had a lot of individual instructions. Once all the formalities were complete, we suited up and got in the water. I was fine at first, and managed to get to the sea bottom, but was having a bit of trouble with my mouthpiece and taking in sea water. I signalled to the instructor that I needed to go back up, trying to calm my panic. Thankfully I was taken up straight away.

We were then taken in to shallow water, where we practiced our breathing. My problem was that I wasn't holding my mouthpiece properly and finally got it right. I was still a bit apprehensive about going back down into the water, but Kamil the Captain then took me down one-on-one and really put me at ease. Before I knew it we were swimming with the fishes and I loved it - even if I couldn't let go of Kamil's arm! :)

Then it was time for lunch, which was very enjoyable, but suddenly I got very nervous about going down again, think my near panic at my first try suddenly hit me and I got scared. Again, the team were great at calming my nerves, and Kamil got me back diving again. This time I was much more comfortable and even managed to let go and swim a bit on my own. It was a wonderful experience, it's so beautiful there, and the diving sites were wonderful, as are the Dolphin Scuba Team themselves.

I only had time to go for the one day, but next time I'm back in Kalkan will definitely go again, and many thanks to Kamil, Krista and Teak for making it so enjoyable.

I would fully recommend this team to first time divers due to their experience and friendliness, and Kamil's professional and calming demeanour for those of us prone to nervousness.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dolphin Dive Centre, Kalkan - brilliant”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have dived with many organisations around the world. Dolphin Scuba Team is up there with the best. Very good boat, excellent team with Kamil, the Captain and Dive Master, giving every attention to detail to make a dive experience special. If you are coming to Kalkan and want to learn to dive then Dolphin is the centre to use, if you are experienced you can be sure of a safe, brilliant dive.

1 Thank Ness G
Meltham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great experience - excellent team of people”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A really great boat to dive from. The crew are friendly, Kamil (captain) runs an efficient professional service. The day is relaxing, the food is great. They visit a good range of dive site and they offer something for everyone from experienced divers (like me) to complete novices. I makes for a great day out and the boat is big enough to accommodate partners who don't dive but want to come along for the ride.

Highly recommended

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pragmatic and Fun”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

One of two dive operators in Kalkan, and the only one with a decent dive boat. The crew is friendly and helpful. Their approach to diving and safety is very pragmatic. After your certification and log book is looked at, the first dive is an easy one with close supervision. As dives progress flexibility and freedom is provided where needed and possible.

Equipment is recent and well maintained. Crew and operators are fun to be around.

Dive sites are average for the Mediterranean sea, not too much wild life, but nice underwater vistas ...

two thumbs up