“Well What can I Say!!”
Review of Belkon Club Hotel

Belkon Club Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Serik
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our room was booked as a 'club room with a land view' which meant we were not in the main hotel, we knew this at the time of booking & it sounded fine - but 'oh dear' were do I start. We checked in at 3pm on 13th May & was shown to our room, it was the top floor in one of the ajoining buildings (3 High) which in itself was not a problem but the awfull concrete stairs leading up to the room were a 'death trap' waiting to happen, they were spiral so very narrow one end with no handrail to hang on too. My husband & I are both senior citizens & I really don't think it is acceptable tp expect us to climb those awfull stairs especially at night as the lighting was very poor, with one light not working at all, leaving us to feel our way along in total darkness.
The room itself because it was at the top was an attic room, very spacious & also with a large bathroom, but because the windows were so tiny & had louvered wooden shutters on the outside that could not be opened, hardly any natural daylight could get in & the two lights in the room were low energy bulbs & very dim.
On opening the wardrobe door there was a rail, & on the shelf above were coat hangers (the sort that needed hooks to hang the hangers into) but surprise surprise - no hooks, so therefore the coat hangers were useless. Because the room was an attic room on our night we were freezing cold, we only had a sheet to cover us - no extra blankets in the room. The air conditioning unit which we could have put on to the warm setting would have solved the problem - but the remote control would not work also the remote for the TV did not work either. These things should all have been checked before letting the room
We had no hot water at all - just tepid. We stuck it out until the Sunday then I went to reception & asked to be moved to the main Hotel. We had to pay a further £40 but it was well worth it as we had another 9 nights to go. Once in the Hotel it was like another world -a lovely light room with a balcony & most of all 'hot water'.
The Hotel although its advertised as being in Belek is actually in the middle of no where. It is a very big golfing area, so if you love golf thats the place to be.
The Hotel do provide a free bus to the beech. The staff were all very friendly & hepfull & the 'All inclusive drinks' were served in proper glasses instead of those useless little plastic cups. We also found the food very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Josie H

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have been to turkey 6 times previously to 6 different places and I can honestly say this was the best place I've stayed in turkey before. Stayed for 7 nights with my husband at the end of May.

First of all, rumours of wild dogs, not true. Rumours of all Russians being rude, not true. Rumours of miserable staff, not true. Rumours of hotel being dirty, not true.

All the staff, we're very welcoming and hilarious!! Especially the restaurant staff and the bar men. Some advice for anyone new to turkey, learning basic turkish, (please, thanks, hello) goes such a long way it's unreal (and to be honest it's just common courtesy.) The hotel was immaculate, the pools were cleaned every morning and evening, the chairs, tables and loungers scrubbed every evening and morning, and the apartment rooms (in the garden) were gorgeous and cleaned daily. The people staying at the hotel were all lovely, and so friendly. Had a fab time with a Russian family and an Iranian family too. Great location and beautiful surroundings. Free bus down to the beach 4 times a day. Spa is to die for! All inclusive is 10am - 11pm. Gin, beer, white wine, red wine, vodka, raki (like sambuca) coke, fanta, 7up and tonic water. I had g&ts, vodka cokes, beer shandys etc. Other drinks are extra.

The food was ever so slightly disappointing as I feel it was catered more towards the Russian/German palate, rather than staying turkish. (Yes turkish food, if you want English fry ups and steak and burgers go to Spain!) lots of fruit, salad, omelettes, bread, cheeses, rice, pasta, chips, meat, chicken, meatballs, fish, pizza.) The rooms themselves were beautiful, but could do with slight maintenance, like 1 loose socket, shower door loose, etc, but this didn't spoil our holiday!) There are quite a few flies outside, however the hotel does everything it can with zappers to eliminate this but I can't stress how clean the place is! Take some most repellent too.

Overall I would give this hotel 9/10, we loved our holiday is was my husbands first holiday abroad and he would go back in a heart beat. We're planning to go back next year with the whole family. Go with an open mind and experience things yourself! Turkish 4 stars is not the same as English star rating, but would rate this as a 3/4 star. The hotel rooms are more modern.

If you want to be around lots of English tourists, go to Spain. If you want full English fry ups, go to Spain. If you only like carlsberg/carling, go to Spain. Don't let negative reviews put you off this hotel!!

Room Tip: Pick the hotel if you like things more modern. The garden apartments are very rustic and beautiful t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Nina S
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had seen very mixed reviews for this hotel but my friend and I wanted a last minute cheap break and this fitted the bill. On the plus side our rooms were prefectly serviceable, were cleaned daily and the towels were changed every day. Sheets were changed at least twice in our week as well. The food was plain and simple but perfectly acceptable although did get a bit boring by the end of the week. We knew the hotel was outside the town so were prepared for that and it did make the area quiet at night. The foyer was pleasant to sit in at night, the pool area was nice and the bar by thepool area which was a paying bar rather than the all inclusive served a mean cheese and onion toastie and nice bottle of Efes beer.

We stayed 3rd to 10th May and I think they were just gearing up for the season, by day 3 of our holiday they had got their act together, had started opening a bar during the day for sunbathers with plastic glasses and had cleaned the pool, sunbeds and surrounding areas. The staff lacked English and we lacked Turkish language skills but they were all pleasant and no one was rude to us. The manager in fact ran us to Belek when our ride turned up an hour early and left without us. There were Ukranian and Swedish guests there whilst we stayed so we were very much in the minority but I dont expect to go on holiday and find a hotel that only has English guests in Turkey.

I do have a very high recommendation for the spa attached to the hotel - Cennet Spa. The manageress Leyla was very helpful. We had our first Hamam the day after arriving and I cannot stres how fabulous it was. The tour guide then told us we needed to experience a traditional bath and arranged for us to go to the Osmanli Hamam in Belek. Please do not waste your money, the experience is distinctly unpleasant, cheapest soap and mineral oil for massage (untrained of course) and my friend and I came out of there smelling like an Essex chip shop. We itched so much we had to go back to Cennet Spa for them to sort us out!

Room Tip: We paid for an upgrade to a room overlooking the pool which is the opposide to the main road and was...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tracyrrr
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Me and my sister wanted a week away in the sun, cocktails etc.
This was the worst holiday ever, I was crying by the third night and wanted to go home. We was surrounded by Russians and Germans which is ok but they didn't speak English was rude and is was like the hotel was catering for them with the food because they was German themselves. The chips was frozen, not sure what the meat was. It was the same food day in day out. I came home having lost weight! The beach was a bus ride away which wasn't worth it. The best thing about the holiday was the weather and the days out away from the hotel. The room was clean and decent but overall holiday was a nightmare. The man make you feel uncomfortable so we did not get a cab. Not a hotel for the English, I went to turkey but did not have no experience of Turkish food, culture etc. I was gutted and haven't been away seen as I'm being cautious.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Neecey1
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

So by starting, we DID have a wonderful holiday, as it is what you make it.. BUT
the hotel overall was hurrendeous.
LOCATION: we don't need a lot to entertain us however it's a 10 minute bus ride into the local town (which isn't belek like we were told it was) There are a few restaurant but no where to really sit and people watch in the evenings.
PEOPLE: when we were at the hotel the only other British people there were another couple & we did spend majority of our evenings drinking & playing cards with them.
ENTERTAINMENT: was only okay if you were Russian & could understand what was going on
ALL INCLUSIVE: Stopped at 11pm & you couldn't get a drink until after 10 am.
The food was awful, often quite a lot of fly around.. chips were frozen in the middle on most evenings, and I didn't attempt the mystery meat dishes.
ROOM: was quite nice & spacious! However we did not have our toilet roll replaced & after complaining to reception they told me some should be there in a couple of hours, or take some sheets from the lobby toilets!!
BEACH was okay, The flat bread wrap things were absolutely delicious and there was a reasonably priced snack bar next door.
We did visit a couple of years ago, though it appears by recent reviews that it hasn't changed!
Please bare in mind that we are happy in a tent, in the middle of a field so it doesn't take a lot to impress us! But the level of service I expected, was NOT delivered..

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DannyAndLauren
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for 1 week in October 2013.Room was large and cleaned daily.Bedding and towels were changed daily.Staff were friendly (except for the 'head' Barman <-- Miserable,rude,horrible Man who made me feel like I was not welcome at all) Other staff were friendly and very helpful.Food was shocking! Undercooked omelette's for Breakfast everyday.Same food everyday <-- Salad and more bloody salad! Hotel is literally in the middle of no where.The advertised Golf Course is infact a tomato field.There was a free bus to the beach daily.Bus was a death trap and the butt of many jokes.The Hotel's beach hut was filthy to say the least and there was no food or drink available at the hut as advertised when I booked the Holiday.The safe deposit box was a joke.It wasn't fixed to anything and could be picked up and carried away! Nightmare to get to the main town of Antalya <-- 2 buses,a taxi and a a very long walk! Evening meal times were avoided due there being more people than tables and chairs available.Pool was ice cold.Water slides were closed.No evening entertainment at all.I wouldn't go back and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank ZoeLlew
Reviewed December 23, 2013

the rooms were an ok size but this not a 4 star hotel more like 1 star .The door to the shower was broken, the whole 7 nights we stayed there our bed sheets were only changed once despite us complaining everyday to the staff and manager. the staff were rude! food was disgusting basically the same thing every night and drinks were literally red wine vodka gin and beer that is all they had to offer under the all inclusive, the entire experience was horrible from start to finish I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank L M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Serik
Maya World Belek
#280 of 374 in Alanya
Sarp Hotel Kadriye
Sarp Hotel Kadriye
#2 of 3 in Kadriye

Been to Belkon Club Hotel? Share your experiences!