“AMAZING”

Ranked #48 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was my first holiday, and I had standard expectations for this hotel but I was very impressed with their service.

The hotel itself was constantly tidy and clean. There were regular cleaners on a daily basis to clean rooms who left everything intact. The view of the hotel was beautiful, everything is decorated to perfection. Most of all I liked how welcoming the hotel was. The hotel owner approached and spoke to my friends and I and was very pleasant and friendly. Every other employee also treated us very well, they helped in every way possible.

Overall I rate this hotel 5 stars, it was great to my friends and I and if I do visit turkey again this will be my first option!

Room Tip: All rooms are at a great location
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank erimiska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Finnish first

3 good size rooms
4 pool is nice.

On the negatives.....

1 We had room 412 which was very noisy
2 the breakfast was ok however you must get there earlier because once something is finished it is not topped up...ridiculous if you are offering a buffet
3 the breakfast staff are rude and cleared up all the food while we were still eating. Worst part was that when I saw the grumpy woman clearing up, I had to act quickly and immediately piled a plate together, as well as 2 bowls of cereal and a cup of coffee and a plate of fruit....I've never in my life!!!

Having said that, Antalya is wonderful and I can highly recommend going to the private beach and paying the 11TL which is well worth it.

Room Tip: Avoid the "annex" like other reviewers have suggested...we didn't and enjoyed some lat...
1 Thank D_Dubb015
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I spent a week here in June 2013 and the hotel is situated almost in the middle of Kaleici which is a beautiful little "village" with narrow streets and old buildings, shops and restaurants etc. We stayed in a deluxe room, nicely decorated but the room is smaller than it appears on photos. We would have loved a balcony but we hardly saw any balcony in any hotel in old town. The atmosphere is very genuine and nice, the staff is friendly and helpful and always smiling. Our stay included breakfast which we had in the restaurant next to the pool and we loved sitting there for almost an hour every morning. One day we decided to eat dinner in the hotel but we are convinced the chef had an off day that evening. I had a pepper steak which consisted of two very thin slices of beef and my wife had something with pasta which was just half cooked. Apart from that we had a very nice stay.....next time though we'll just order a standard room as that must be better value for money.

Room Tip: If you can, choose a room away from the streets, can be noisy at night time.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great location in the heart of the old town. The hotel is in a lovely building with nice restaurant and pool and very luxurious rooms with all you could possibly need. Best of all they have the most fantastic helpful staff I met in my time travelling Turkey. Will definitely stay again when I'm in Antalya.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Craig D
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

The premises is in a perfect location in the old city, it has a lovely foyer with a pool and the restaurant looks lovely. However it is let down by a few major points:

- the room is very cramped so even the door can only open slightly more than half way. The spare blanket had been cleaned but was yellowed from old stains. These should be throw out and replaced with new clean ones.

- the bed was super hard and uncomfortable. I love hard beds normally but this was like sleeping on a board with the occasional spring hitting your back.

-the young man on the front desk was fabulous and very helpful. However an older surly looking waiter didnt smile even when we greeted him (he didn't greet us first ever) and once when it was 7:50am and we saw that majority of the breakfast foods were out we asked if we could eat as we were getting picked up at 8am for a tour he said no, breakfast starts at 8. We were annoyed so walked out to the bakery nearby and ate it on the hotel steps. The lady in the kitchen did try to offer us something when she saw we were leaving annoyed, so its not her fault, just the mans lack of thoughtfulness and service quality.

I really do think this could be a great place if they just hired more warm, outgoing people like the young man at front reception and paid more attention to service and details (like clean blankets).

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank AUgirl29
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Everything in this hotel was fine. We stayed in a brand new part of the hotel. We found everything brand new and everything worked perfectly. The front desk staff was helpful, going out of their way helping us with a car rental and things to do in the city.
Great location. Great city. Great hotel

Room Tip: Any room in the new area would be perfect..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AnnS3703
Burundi
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Mediterra is located in the heart of Kaleici -- Antalya's old town. It's a fantastic location for those who like to wander narrow old streets, peer in to tourist shops and wander down to amazing cliff views of the Mediterranean. Unfortunately, while staffed with very nice people, the hotel just isn't quite up to scratch. The staff spoke very little English, the beds were uncomfortable (my husband is fairly certain our bed screwed up his back, which only improved when we flipped the mattress on our last night), and the sheets and blankets were stained (clean, but clearly old and stained).

In contrast to another review, I thought the staff was quite nice. The one gentleman who spoke enough English was very helpful and, in fact, set us on the path to a wonderful private boat tour that was one of the highlights of our whole time in Turkey. I think the language problem prevents them from providing better service, rather than any lack of desire to be helpful.

Breakfast was fine -- not great, not terrible. Just a middle of the road Turkish breakfast with yogurt and dried fruit, boiled eggs, and fresh vegetables and cheeses. As another reviewer wrote, the drinks left something to be desired. Instead of fruit juice, it was mixed orange drink (a la Tang), which is too bad in a place teeming with oranges and delicious fresh oj on every corner.

There are innumerable hotels that looked quite nice in the Kaleici area, but they don't appear to be on TripAdvisor. I recommend you hunt down your options before settling for the Mediterra.