“Good value for money”

Ranked #73 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Akranes, Iceland
“Good value for money”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at the Bilem Hotel for three nights. The room was quite alright and the service, just fine. Some minor fixes needed here and there. My room had a wonderful view over the rocky cost to the east but due to strong wind blowing from the sea and rather week balcony door the I got rather limited sleep one of the night. The Turkish bath was wonderful.

Room Tip: Good option - good value outside high season.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Reading - England
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I had a stop over here on our way to our holiday villa. It was a very noisy night because of the bar across the street being open until way in to the morning hours and the busy road outside. I am glad I took my ear plugs! We were given a twin room instead of the double booked and when we mentioned this to the 'porter' he simply pushed the beds together smiled and left. The spec of the room and hotel in general is low, tatty, basic and out dated. There was a huge tarpaulin draped across a front section of the building which appeared to be covering what looked like old fire damage to some of the floors but we werent entirely sure?? It was OK if all you want to do is lay your head somewhere for a night. We had to laugh at the little security safe in the room as it was out in the open, not secured to any surface and could have easily been carried out under someones arm with all your valuables in it!! Breakfast too was very dissapointing with a very poor and limited choice. Staff were very pleasant and polite when spoken to but we didn't experience any service as such. The small shop in the foyer did have some nice designer copy handbags but unfortunately the shop was always closed while we were there. This is not a 4 star hotel at all and not at all 'high class' as it's name would have you believe so I would suggest you only pay a basic 2 star price if you are booking here to avoid dissapointment.

Room Tip: Book a room as far away from the street and bars as possible and make sure you negotiate a competiti...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank itsmaxinelily

Travelers are raving about these Antalya hotels

Cornwall
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay with dinner b&b. We booked through Bookings.com and got a really good deal. The food was good and plenty of it, our room was comfortable with a lovely sea view. The staff without exception were helpful and pleasant. There is building work going on but that didn't interfere with us. Only draw back was the price of the drinks, but I suppose that is what you get in these hotels. We would deffinitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janetalison
Tampere, Western Finland, Finland
Reviewed November 13, 2012

There was few nice hotel workers but rest of them were rude. You are not allowed to bring beverages to room outside of hotel and for example beer was 10 liras per can 0,33. Panorama restaurant was not open, pool was closed, we didn't find the garden and breakfast was cold. Walls were like paper. Wallpaper was peeling off.There was supposed to be an access to the sea, but there was not. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Walls are like paper at least in 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bilem Hotel was a good hotel and more than what I expected after reading some of the negative reviews on here. I stayed here with my boyfriend from Sept 30th - Oct 6th 2012.
When arriving, I noticed that it was the most noticeable hotel in that area, as it really stands out. It was well known to all the locals and cabdrivers. When entering, the staff were very welcoming and helpful, they showed us to our room and explained all the room and hotel features.
My first impressions of the room was that it was clean, but the décor was very outdated and was definitely in need of a revamp, this didn't bother me too much though. Mini bar prices were reasonable and the view from the balcony was pleasant.
Breakfast was great, and more than what I expected! Great selection that caters to everyone. We didn't really get a chance to try all of the hotel's facilities because we were always out and about. We did get to use the outdoor pool which was cold and perfect for the hot and humid weather! We also ate at the 'Panoramic Restaurant' which was amazing. You have to book reservations at least 15 mins in advance, so on our first night I decided to book that to give my boyfriend his birthday presents, and to my luck we had the restaurant all to ourselves with 1 waiter catering to us. He put on romantic music for us, food was delicious and the scenery was beautiful at sunset, definitely a memorable evening. Our waiter named Tuna was charming, funny yet professional so we tipped him.
One feature that I weren't so keen about is the hotel's 'beach', its more like a platform with steps to the sea. It was full of local people who all knew each other so it was a bit intimidating to go there, there was also extremely loud Techno music playing which made it difficult for me to relax. The stairs seemed to lead directly into the middle of the sea, which was not ideal for me as I'm not a strong swimmer at all! I steered clear of their 'beach' after checking it out, but it weren't an issue as Lara beach isn't too far away.
Bilem is in an excellent location, there are many shopping places which are in walking distance like She Mall and Terra City mall for example. There is also a cab station just around the corner and many restaurants and bars near by.
Overall this hotel was great in my opinion, I was expecting just a basic hotel for somewhere to lay my head at night but got much more than that and definitely made my first visit to Turkey very pleasant.
Tip: Make sure you visit the Turkish Bazaar which is located in less than 5 min walk from Bilem hotel and its only there on a SATURDAY, you will need to dedicate the whole day here as it is a huge market that sells everything from clothes, to souvenirs, to traditional Turkish food. It is best to save all your shopping money for the bazaar because it is cheap and even cheaper if you've got great haggling skills!

Room Tip: When checking in, you must request to have a sea-view room if you want one!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ClarissaElena
Manchester
Reviewed November 5, 2012

yes the hotel is in need of some refurbishment but the room was very pleasant and very clean, the carpet neeeded attention. A courtesy plate of fruit was delivered to the room, nice touch, and the breakfast was more than adequate, all in all value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank meltemManchester
west midlands
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We've just returned from a weekend break at the Bilem. I agree with all the other comments that you get what you pay for. To start with the check-in staff were ok. We were shown to our room and they explained how everything worked which was great. First impressions were that the room was clean and the decor was nice but then you look closer and see the marks on the furniture and the stains in the carpet. But it was clean you could see they'd tried to get the stains out, the bed was comfy with clean and crispy linen which I like, not extortionate mini-bar or room service and English news on the tv whch pleases my husband.And we were given a complimentry fruit bowl on arrival. Breakfast was lovely. An excellent choice for us and very nice coffee too which is unusual for hotels like this in the med! There were a few things that were closed and I didn't expect that as I would still say it's high season. Also part of the hotel was being rennovated but this didn't effect us. Staff were a bit hit and miss. When we arrived the bar was closed. They told us to wait and they would find somebody to serve us but it took them quite a while to do so and we had to be careful not to be overcharged a few times. We just went next door. On the first day I wanted to use the spa, it was full of Turkish men. None of them spoke english and there were no treatment lists anywhere. It was very intimidating and I felt as if I wasn't supposed to be there. I don't have a problem with that, just sharing my experience. We went back the following morning and had the place to ourselvs which was great! Outdoor pool was too cold for me to use and the bathing platforms looked a bit shabby too so I didn't brave walking down. but the city itself is so fantastic I didn't really want to spend too much time in the hotel anyway. Also, we were on HB and the evening meal was also great but not sure if we will do HB next time due to the amazing choice of restaurants. I thought the hotel was a great location to be between Lara and the old town and once we'd got the hang of the buses it was easy to get around. I think this hotel is definately good value for money but I tend to have low expectations whn traveling in Turkey. I have to say this is one of the better ones though. I can appreciate that most people book hotels like this as internet cheapos but I don't think that's an excuse for not telling guests before they travel that some of the facilities are not in use. Didn't bother us but I can imagine it would others. Anyway, we'll be back. We live in the south of Cyprus and it's the cheapest weekend break we could find from here! I didn't expect the shopping to be so good either so I'm bringing luggage next time. And I'm looking forward to seeing what the hotel is going to look like next season and hope they don't put the price up.

Room Tip: We had room 402. Really great view! Try and request a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple