“high class mini break”

Ranked #74 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Manchester
“high class mini break”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

yes the hotel is in need of some refurbishment but the room was very pleasant and very clean, the carpet neeeded attention. A courtesy plate of fruit was delivered to the room, nice touch, and the breakfast was more than adequate, all in all value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank meltemManchester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
west midlands
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We've just returned from a weekend break at the Bilem. I agree with all the other comments that you get what you pay for. To start with the check-in staff were ok. We were shown to our room and they explained how everything worked which was great. First impressions were that the room was clean and the decor was nice but then you look closer and see the marks on the furniture and the stains in the carpet. But it was clean you could see they'd tried to get the stains out, the bed was comfy with clean and crispy linen which I like, not extortionate mini-bar or room service and English news on the tv whch pleases my husband.And we were given a complimentry fruit bowl on arrival. Breakfast was lovely. An excellent choice for us and very nice coffee too which is unusual for hotels like this in the med! There were a few things that were closed and I didn't expect that as I would still say it's high season. Also part of the hotel was being rennovated but this didn't effect us. Staff were a bit hit and miss. When we arrived the bar was closed. They told us to wait and they would find somebody to serve us but it took them quite a while to do so and we had to be careful not to be overcharged a few times. We just went next door. On the first day I wanted to use the spa, it was full of Turkish men. None of them spoke english and there were no treatment lists anywhere. It was very intimidating and I felt as if I wasn't supposed to be there. I don't have a problem with that, just sharing my experience. We went back the following morning and had the place to ourselvs which was great! Outdoor pool was too cold for me to use and the bathing platforms looked a bit shabby too so I didn't brave walking down. but the city itself is so fantastic I didn't really want to spend too much time in the hotel anyway. Also, we were on HB and the evening meal was also great but not sure if we will do HB next time due to the amazing choice of restaurants. I thought the hotel was a great location to be between Lara and the old town and once we'd got the hang of the buses it was easy to get around. I think this hotel is definately good value for money but I tend to have low expectations whn traveling in Turkey. I have to say this is one of the better ones though. I can appreciate that most people book hotels like this as internet cheapos but I don't think that's an excuse for not telling guests before they travel that some of the facilities are not in use. Didn't bother us but I can imagine it would others. Anyway, we'll be back. We live in the south of Cyprus and it's the cheapest weekend break we could find from here! I didn't expect the shopping to be so good either so I'm bringing luggage next time. And I'm looking forward to seeing what the hotel is going to look like next season and hope they don't put the price up.

Room Tip: We had room 402. Really great view! Try and request a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrsniccooper
phuket
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The receptionist staff are very unwelcome and they don't speak english. as a 4stars hotel they made me carry my luggage and when i found out my room was on the 3rd floor I kindly ask to help me with the luggage and they said " put the luggage here we will bring it to you " i waited 15min and then i ask the reception by phone they didnt understand me overall i have to ask 4 time and go down on the reception to put my lugage in the room. We have requested a honeymoon room before the arrival by email and it was well confirmed when we arrive they were no honeymoon decoration nothing and plus the room need urgent repair, the wall was peeling. The seaview is ugly because in front of it there is a building blocking half way of the view. we asked to change the room they said it was fully book. The TV is the smallest TV i have ever seen and as a 4stars the bough the cheapest TV that they can ever find. the breakfast was cheap and horrible. we were suppose to stay 2 nights but we left the next morning as the bed was very uncomfortable to sleep. We post picture to prove it. Turkish people have an amazing way to welcome people and help them but in this hotel the staff seem angry and unhelpful as you disturb them when you ask them anything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mxstenafox

Travelers are raving about these Antalya hotels

Brighton
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The helpful porter was the only positive in this hotel. The room was extremely shabby with stains all over the carpet and peeling wallpaper and was not ready for us although we arrived at around 3pm. We had a view over the car park and no balcony although the hotel blurb states all room have balconies. Small bathroom. So called beach restuarant offered only omelettes. Pounding music at breakfast. There are loads of other hotels in the area all of whom are probably a lot better than this one.

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travellinglady9
Glasgow
Reviewed September 18, 2012

For what you pay the hotel was very good. Excellent value. Clean generally throughout. Friendly and helpful staff, albeit a bit sleazy. Pool was nice and quiet. Beach area was busier with a good atmosphere. The 'cabaret club' was closed when we were there. View from 1st floor room was not too bad. We had to check out very very late and it wasn't a problem for the staff. For a Brit, breakfast was unusual and disappointing. I love the High Class!

Room Tip: We had a bog standard room, but it was still comfortably spacious.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Me and my sisters stayed at Bilem on June 2012.
First impression was a huge disappoinment. Room was not as described, it looked like it was glamorous 20 years ago. But the room was clean, laso bathroom. We did not have a glass door, as some other reviewers. View form balcony was breath-taking, we were on top floor and almost on top of sea. Our air-conditioning did not work, but we didn't need it. Wi-Fi worked 35% of our time.
The staff was friendly and polite and quite patient, we had questions almost every day. When we were asking directions to a mall near, a staff members gave us a ride! Breakfast and dinner was good, we were suprised by the food quality.
The pool is a joke, so naturally we didn't use it. The seaside patio baech instead was awesome. Music, people, friendly staff and tasty fruit bowls, we just loved it!
I wouldn't recommend the spa or gym, they are also quite ridiculous.
You are not allowed to take your own food or drinks to the hotel "for hygienic reasons". It is total bs, they just want you to buy the water form them. Well, we bought water bottles form the lovely shop next door and carried them in our bags. :D

All in all, the hotel is not a four star hotel or high class, but it is worth the money. Just be reasonable, you can't truly believe to get high class for 20€ a night.

Room Tip: Demand a sea side room from upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank trzn
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We paid £40 so it was worth it. Room view was simply amazing. If you get a cheap price then it's worth it. Ask for room with sea view. we arrived here and were intending to go to alanya so decided to stay here one night.

Would consider again as a 4hr flight and then 2 hrs to alanya can be tiresome