“Another fantastic family friendly holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sabah Pansiyon
Ranked #9 of 204 Antalya B&B and Inns
Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic family friendly holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I came back in October and I imediately felt at home. I requested my usual room and this was no problem. I was half board had lovely fresh breakfast buffet and evening meal. I love it here - I stay for a holiday not just passing through and the Sabah family include me in their family so as I travel alone it is lovely to be among such hospitality. There is nothing they will not do for you. My room is lovely bed comfortable and I even take advantage of the competative laundry service so no washing to come home. A big thank you to the Sabah family for trusting me and welcoming me into your home I loved it.

Room Tip: I rated fitness centre as excellent as although they have no gym they encourage activity trips they...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lornaaltuner47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kas, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed in the dormitory here. The walls are paper thin. Can hear every noise made. The room for the dormitory is probably the worst they have. It is next to the main entrance and right beside the narrow street. Across the street is another pension and they have tables and chairs outside so you get people talking into the night. There is a outside door that is locked. People try to enter this way disturbing all concerned. They do nothing to try and fix the problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paul L
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

What a wonderful location right in Kaleci, the old town.  Very clean, well run family pension that has been open for 25 years.  The breakfast has a good selection.  The restaurant has a very extensive menu, fresh ingredients and good value.  Wifi works well.  Close to other restaurants, bars and the ocean.

Dislikes
None

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jds88
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed twice during September 2013. First of all in one of the 2 bedroom double story units near the swimming pool and afterwards in 2 more standard rooms closer to the office and lovely leafy garden come eating/chiling area.

The 2 bedroomed apartment: The 2 of us absolutely loved this for 6 days. Everything we needed was there - washing machine, cooking facilities, big fridge, sofas, a double bed and single bed in one room and 2 single beds in the other, table and chairs on balcony, hanger to dry our wet clothes, air con, TV and even a gorgeous stray local cat at the door. Nothing was a problem although it seemed much cleaner after we were offered a mid week clean compared to when we first arrived. During your stay though should you find anything wrong the family are eager to come and check the issue out promptly and if necessary fix it.

The food in the restaurant: Oh my God is seriously to die for. I practically dined here nearly every day choosing from the menu on both my 2 stays. The chicken guvec (tavuk guvec in my photo) is just great. Seriously Sabah don't lose your Chef - his skills are wonderful. Thanks to Musti, the waiter, for his chats and assistance.

Other accommodation: I left Antalya and missed it so much so I booked a single room again.. Sabah has a lot of different styled rooms and options from shared dorms/bathrooms, to single rooms with bathroom or single rooms with a sepearated bathroom. If you don't lile your first option shown to you then just ak them what else they have to offer. My favourite room is 406 but that's just me. Air conditioning worked well in the 2 rooms I stayed in, although the lighting in both was a bit dim so could be better.

Positives: I like the way you have made a bigger garden and concreted the area around the back - it looks great. The real range in age groups of guest staying. Access to the computer.

Suggested improvements: Making a different dish for breakfast each day. When staying for a period of 1 week the same breakfast food each day became rather boring. The cheeses could be of a better quality and really there should be a jug of water available for those who do not drink tea, coffee or orange cordial.

Thanks again Sedat and Ali. Your hospitality was appreciated.

Room Tip: 406 has a double and it's own bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Pro: great breakfast which is also available for people not staying there for 10TL. Small but sufficient rooms with air condition, fridge and bath with separate shower. Nice courtyard to chill out with other guests in the evening.
In between: located in the old town this several bars and restaurants around which are yet not very cheap. Some distance to walk to and from public transport
Cons: price a (large) bit above pensions in this area.

Recommendation: negotiate your room price, especially if off season. Have at least a look at breakfast there.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Sabah is located in the best area of Antalya, Kaleici, old town. It is full of romantic narrow streets , small hotels and pensions. We chose Sabah after reading enthusiastic reviews. The email was sent, answer came quickly so we booked it. The place itself is very nice. Has a garden, a place to chill out and a restaurant on the back-which in the morning serves as a breakfast place.

The rooms are small but tidy and you could consider them charmful. the bathroom is tiny but it is ok.
The swimmingpool is located 2min away from the hotel and it is rather a place to take a cold dip after a hot day than try your swimming skills.
Now, something i counted the most on: friendliness of the staff....this was a disappointment. Not that they were not nice...but the feeling that your presence disturbance was rather overwhelming. It seemed like they were more irritated than friendly. And that was a shame as it was my first stay in Turkey and i so wanted to have this image of funny, lively, loud and welcoming Turkish people come true. I wish i could state that as people make the experience-but i cannot.

In general, the stay there was ok but nothing more; nothing to really say: yeah, it was a great experience.
I could say my expectation management needed to be leveled down:-)
If next time in Turkey, then more experience to make in a different place.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ssalomea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Hello,

I stayed in Sabah pension in May of 2013. I really enjoyed this stay and I would defenitely return there again! The stuff was very friendly and helpening. They even gave me a small boiler so I could always enjoy my tea)).
The location is perfect. You are in the middle of the Old City and the lovely private beach is just 5-10 min walking. The bus stop is about 15 min walking. All people who work there speak English and it is very helpful.
The breakfast are great! If you wake up early enough (9 am) you'll manage to get some delicious Turkish pastries. Also,if you are hungry and do not want to go anywhere the cheff can prepare for you delicious meal (and not expensive at all).
There is a small pool, but it is too small to swim. Plus the beach is just 5 min away ))

I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo