“wow titanic”

Titanic Beach Lara Hotel
Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed August 24, 2009

we were there at this august with our 5years old boy. we love this hotel for very good foods and pools and beach. we will comeback there next year

1  Thank splint116

Reviewed August 22, 2009

We have just returned from the Titanic where we stayed for 7 nights, we travelled as a family of 5 with 3 children age ranging from 14 to 16 yrs. I have stayed in many hotels and I have to say this is the best as yet! Excellent weather Temp by day was 45 degrees and 34 degrees at night. We went on the Manavgat Waterfall and boat trip, even though it was extremely hot it was an experience I would not of missed, The market was great fun with lots of haggling TOP TIP EUROS IS THE BEST CURRENCY TO TAKE! you could use pounds and Turkish Lira as well but they seem to prefer Euros. We ate lunch either at the chicken place near the beach or the Kebab and pizza bar by the Olympic pool both were delicious and I would reccomend either. We found the bar in the lobby the coolest place to drink in the evening it was so hot that we did not go to the evening entertainment. We did walk down to the entertainment area on sunday night as they have a small market to buy from but beware we witnessed locals picking up children and placing them on camels and then making the parents pay for the camel ride. The beach is very tranquill by night and the sea is lovely and warm if you fancy a midnight swim which my kids done. We went out of the hotel one evening and walked down to the shopping malls if you walk a little further down and not go to the one straight outside the hotel they are very friendly but again be careful as you need to haggle we brought 3 pairs of jeans and 2 shirts and they wanted to charge 450 Euros but I managed to get them down to 135 Euros with alot of negotiating. This hotel does have alot of other nationaliies staying at it and yes a majority do not know how to queue so my advice would be if you cant beat them join them. Dont be polite and wait your turn as they will not thank you. All in all we enjoyed the hotel so much that we are considering booking again next year .

Reviewed August 22, 2009

The Hotel is a gem and fantastic if you are happy to while away your days by beautiful clean sun drenched pools with an occasional trip to the beach. The staff are friendly and keen to chat. Evening shows and the entertainment staff are excellent but far enough away from the main building that if its not for you it is not intrusive. The meals cannot be faulted, food for everyone even my fussy 19 year old !! Tasty, hot and plenty of choice. You could eat all day.
WARNING - Do not use the shop downstairs, a newspaper cost a fellow guest £11.00 and a Mars Bar £2.50 !!

Reviewed August 22, 2009

Back from one week holiday here!
A really good place to go, especially with kids. 15 min away from airport.
The room was fine: two queen beds and the sofa bed where our kid slept, a balcony with line to hang some stuff after a day by the pool, two chairs and a small table.
There was a small fridge with drinks (all included); wardrobe was perfectly spacious with a digital safe.
Bathroom ok too with hairdryer, shower caps, shower gel and shampoo… Towels changed on a daily basis.

I had read some negative reviews about the food and after being there I can’t understand them for the buffet is amazingly big with loads of everything! I can’t understand why people get bored of the same food when there was an amazing variety of different food. Not a lot of fish (although there was always something) but it wasn’t too popular so why offer more?
Everyday different types of meat (I’ve had chicken, turkey, meatballs, roast beef, veal, lamb…); some days there was a cook preparing sushi; pasta (at least two different kinds), a stand only for cheese (and another for cold meats for breakfast), loads of different vegetables (roasted, boiled and a stunning variety of fresh vegetables and dressings to create your own salad); bread; rice; potatoes and chips; fruit (watermelon really good); sweets and desserts…
A separate place for diet food (boiled chicken, rice, potatoes…)

For breakfast you can choose from different types of cereal, bread, croissants and other pastries, lots of preserves, more fruit, eggs, bacon, cold meat, cheese, different flavours of yoghourt…

There are three a la carte restaurants that I intended to try but I finally didn’t do it because the three of us were more than satisfied with the food in the main restaurant.

The a la carte restaurants are charged 10 euros per adult and 5 euros per child. I read some complaint about this but I’ve been in another two ‘all included’ and these are always charged differently. Anyway, I don’t think 10 euros is expensive at all.

Drinks, both in the restaurant as well as the bars near the pool area, were perfectly ok. The wine served in the restaurant was quite nice (red, rose and white) and their beer on tap was good. Someone mentioned that drinks were warm: lager wasn’t and soft drinks are served with ice (sometimes you might need to ask for more ice cubes, that’s all).
There are always sealed cups of cold mineral water in all the bars.

The beach area is clean and there’s a jetty with “direct access” into the sea and umbrellas and bean bags.

Pools are amazing and children enjoy them a lot! And don’t forget the slides (not long queues at all). There are many sun beds and umbrellas but if you fancy a particular spot you should go early in the morning and occupy them.
I could write load about the different swimming pools but you can see them in the photographs in their website (or in tripadvisor) and they speak for themselves.
There are no life guards (only in the slide pool) so keep an eye on your kids.

No need to take your beach towels from home since after a 10 euro deposit (obviously refunded at the end of your holidays) you can have fresh beach towels everyday.

You can play bowling, billiards, pool… (extra charged)

There are some shops in the resort: you can get English newspapers and magazines, suntan lotion, postcards, goggles, lollies and all kind of inflatable stuff and water pistols even when prices are not cheap at all and the man is not the nicest person in the world. Negotiate the price to get a more reasonable one.

Apart from this one, there are a gift shop, a leather/fur coat shop, and some others selling clothes (not my cup of tea) and shoes and handbags (some of them really cool but with a fake ‘Prada’ or ‘Dolce&Gabana’ on them that made me change my mind).

There are two hairdresser’s: a proper one in the main building and a small one where you can have all your hair in plaits (very popular among young girls).

Every evening there’s an outdoor show, or dancing… Sometimes music and party in the beach.
And during the day they are always offering some activities (from archery to contests in the pool…)

And of course, the weather is gorgeous.

I absolutely recommend it!

Reviewed August 20, 2009

We spent 6 days at the Titanic recently with 2 small children and one teenager. We made a last minute reservation change and had no problems, the rooms were very clean and housekeeping kept them that way. The food is fantastic, they do a good job keeping it interesting and the dishes themselves were very well prepared, the staff were nothing but friendly and professional. You could technically eat ad drink from 7 am to 3 am if you wish. We had 2 massages during our stay and again, the staff were fantastic. Two minor complaints, the poolside lounge chairs were completely full by about 9 am, the first day we had to share one distant chair between 5 people, the rest of the time we made sure to stake our claim by no later than 8 am. Second complaint is an ear infection, doctor said no doubt it came from pool but that such infections are extremely common, in the end it is uncomfortable but not something that would keep me from going back, next time we'll bring earplugs.

But really overall it was one of the best all-inclusive hotels we've visited.

Reviewed August 19, 2009

My boyfriend and I visited Titanic for a romantic and relaxing break in July and that is exactly what we got! From the moment we arrived (flew with Thomas Cook - no problems on the flight or transfer) we felt totally relaxed. We found all the staff to be polite and helpful and many were very friendly. The hotel, swimming pools etc were kept fastidiously clean and our room was lovely - even though we did not have a sea view (we didn't pay for one) we still enjoyed sitting on the balcony at night and we did not experience any problems with the air con - it was perfect. There were even rose petals on the bed when we arrived!

The pools were brilliant and although many people get up early for sun beds, we normally didn't finish breakfast until around 11 and we never had a problem getting a spot - there are so many places to bathe. The food was great and there was so much choice - although I would also recommend visiting the a la carte restauarants at some point. We tried the Italian and Turkish restaurants and they were brilliant - food and service great, and the location - sitting on the 'bow' of the boat (where you can have your picture taken a la Kate and Leo!) is very romantic. Amazing value.

One aspect we were slightly disappointed with was the entertainment provided on certain nights - the disco is a waste of time (there isn't even a bar!) and so if you are looking to go out much after midnight this probably isn't the place for you - as there isn't anything nearby either. But the bars were very nice and relaxing and we had some good entertainment - e.g. Chinese acrobats - but other nights could have been better - although having said this we still enjoyed ourselves - after all there are plenty of other things to do - bowling, pool, arcade games, walks on the beach, more food to eat than you could ever manage!

All in all I cannot recommed Titanic highly enough and I was so sad to leave.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We had a great time lots to do and the kids club was very good, night time shows were varied and of good quality. I found our room was of poor standard and basic and later found out that we had been given a standard room when we had paid for a family room/bouble room these rooms are more in keeping with the 5* image the hotel says it has. The pools are very good with ample beds but get up early to reserve one, the floor area around the pools are very dangerous as they become a ice rink when wet ,several people fell including me and my 8 year old daughter. The breakfast offrings are not up to much but luch and evening meals offer a good variety. The hotel offers an A La Cat resaruant this is spelt correct, we went to the Itallian section and had to share our table with several cats when i brought this to the attention of the waiters they found this funny that both daughters were upset, we left and complanied i was then told my daughters did not have to react the way she did when the cat leapt on to her lap. After several talks with "the mangement" they gave me a small bowl of fruit and a botle of local sparkling wine this was sent to our room when we were at the pool, how nice!. Over all the hotel and our holiday was great but the problem with the cats has to be looked at as a matter of urgency, we all said the we would go back and we will we did have a good time.