“Brilliant holiday”

Titanic Beach Lara Hotel
Ranked #16 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
“Brilliant holiday”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We visited the titanic in September 2013.. 28th to be exact.
The hotel was beautiful.. And the staff were very nice apart from one which I won't mention!
Plenty to do and the food was good but a bit repetitive but always something for everyone from chicken goujons t various meat dishes..fresh breads straight out the oven and every type of salad you could think of.
The house wine was very nice and the champagne was in the all inclusive aswell, which we took great advantage of! My fiancé also loved the local beer (efes). To be honest the vodka wasn't very good so we found ourselves paying extra for smirnof as we did notice a difference.
The rooms were very nice and cleaned everyday. Also you have a mini bar which gets restocked everyday, but make sure you drink what's in it or take it out as they won't refill it until you have used it!
We also spent 40 euros on a cabana at the beach and were treated like kings and queens all day and served hand and foot. We had lunch served to us, champagne whenever we wanted.. I think we drank around 7 bottles that day. U also get a massage lieng on the cabana which was amazing! They also bring you cakes and fruit later on and always ask if you need any juice or drinks.
Water park in the hotel is good aswell and several pools whether you want a lively bit with the kids, quiet bit to read or just to admire the views with a drink. There's a nightclub down near the beach which was very good with great music but it got flooded due to the bad weather.
One thing I will say is we didn't get very good weather.. And I'm a sun guru so I wasn't impressed with that so I'd recommend to go earlier on in September if you decide to go that month.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jilllee22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 3, 2014

It was my first trip to Turkey. The hotel was close to the airport, clean, food was great, activities perfect, spa was a dream. I have 2 minus points though, first of all, the staff is not the friendliest from the reception to the waiters. It kills the nice atmosphere of the hotel! Second of all, on December 28, we experienced a 5.8 magnitude earthquake. After the event I asked the reception staff about a plan of action in case of an earthquake, the young man laughed it off and said "we don't do nothing, we just stay inside, we have an action plan only in case of fire!" I am sorry but his attitude and answer was completely out of place. An earthquake can destroy more in a matter of seconds than a fire! In a country known for earthquakes, I am sorry but it should be a standard procedure!

• Stayed December 2013
9 Thank Sandlexi
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I with our seven year old son spent the October half-term break here and had a fantastic time. Weather was very pleasant with warm sunshine every day.

Pretty much everything about the place is very high quality and it would be very hard to imagine anybody not having a good holiday here.

It was coming to the end of the season so was very peaceful and we were able to make extensive use of all the facilities.

On arrival you are met by the hugely impressive lobby and you will find the large number of bars, restaurants and reception areas equally impressive. Seek out the roof garden if you want a peaceful retreat.

The Spa/gym and heated pools are exceptional although the lockers need some attention. The gardens, main pools and waterpark are impressive and very clean. Tennis Courts/basket ball court are great and the football pitch well maintained. You don't need beach or pool towels as these are provided each day. Each guest is given a card on arrival for this purpose.

The private beach is again very good. The pier and the cabanas need a lick of paint but that has to be expected.

We had a standard room which was pleasant and well presented. The bathroom was well appointed with a splendid hot powerful shower. Room service was excellent and a couple of requests were dealt with quickly. On the day of our return flight we left our cases in the luggage office rather than paying to keep a room for a few extra hours.

We found the food to be very good with plenty of choice of several meat,fish,vegetable or chicken dishes each day with the option to try local recipes too. The desserts are hard to resist. We would suggest that you offer modest tips to the staff- we found that on arrival in our usual spot for eating we were well looked after.

Find your way to the beach cafe and have a fresh pastry made as you watch. They are delicious.

The entertainment is best described as mixed but the Halloween party and comedy night were good fun.

Lara Beach is a strip of lovely four to five star hotels and you should find everything you need in the Hotel. There are a few shops and bars located a short walk from the hotel but they are nothing to write home about.

If staying for more than a week we would have a undertaken a couple of trips and a visit to the local turkish baths was recommended but we were happy relaxing in the hotel.

All in all this is very good holiday and we would visit again. Just one word of warning - the Hotel has a colony of cats that live in the grounds. If you are not a cat lover you may not appreciate waking up to a cat sat on an adjacent sun lounger! Luckily we are so it added to the holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Paul J
Meersburg (Bodensee), Germany
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a great week at the Titanic. The place was very clean, the staff are helpful and friendly, the food is good and the facilities are excellent. The fitness room is really great, the indoor pool fun for the kids and the beach area looks very nice (though we were just there once as December weather does not lend itself to hanging out on the beach for us)

It was also not very full (due to low season), and relatively quiet. That could be viewed as a plus or a minus. It seems a good place to do a lot of chilling.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2013

To us hotel and services ,food everything was best,
I cannot fault it.
Staff were friendly and helpful,
I am planning to go back with my family,lots activity for children,so taking my grandson.
The Best

Room Tip: We did ask for sea front. Overall all the rooms were location
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights as it was close to Antalya airport and were delighted at our find.

The hotel is very clean: I paid special attention to the room as our toddler LOVES to crawl places and poke at things. After a thorough examination was happy to let her roam. The fact that balconies have solid (beton) railing meant that she could hang outside without me worrying about her.

The room itself was what you would expect from a solid 4-4.5 star hotel - very simple, but clean and not worn out. We booked through booking.com and pictures shown on the site (in brown beige tones with circles on the carpet) were actually for the newly renovated rooms. We didn't get that room, but it was still in good condition. The beds are firm-ish, but not uncomfortably so.

Hotel common areas are definitely worth a 5 star hotel, impressive, extensive, and pleasant to roam around. A nice surprise was a library/patisserie where we could hang out in the afternoons enjoying nice espressos. Spa was well done, with several pools. We stayed at the hotel in December, so we were nicely surprised when we discovered that one of the outside pools is heated. I do have to say that the kiddie pool inside was the coldest (?). A healthy drinks station right beside the pool was a nice touch.

One of the previous reviewers said that the buffet lacked in quality, especially in Turkish food department. We've spent the last three years in Turkey travelling all over, and both I and my husband can say with confidence that that reviewer is wrong. Turkish food at Titanic Beach is excellent! Their kebabs are juicy, perfectly spiced, and plumpy. Their bureks are out of this world - you should see how expertly the burek chef makes them. Stews and soups are worthy of a mention as well. And you can taste that it's fresh. It's hard to find Turkish food of such standard in touristy areas. If this restaurant was not only for hotel guests, I wouldn't be troubled to drive up to 2 hours to dine there. Western food is also done well, fresh, changed every day, they even had marbled beef steaks one night!! Desert spread is to die for. The best part? Their chefs make everything in small batches, so no matter when you come, you will get freshly made food that has not spent the last two hours sitting on the counter. And you can watch them make it, yes, including breads. As another reviewer mentioned, their servers are slightly abrupt and that's what we found too. But the quality of the food more than makes up for it.

Bad service? Don't think so. But then we're used to the way Turkish people work in service industry. For them, smiling and being overly friendly is not professional. The guy at the reception wouldn't smile, but he quickly and correctly answered all of our questions. Bell boy? same thing. People at the spa were friendly, but not overly so. Everything was done professionally and that was enough for us. That said, we managed to get our rooms at a nice discount. If we were paying 300+ EUR per night, I might expect something different... but maybe not from a hotel in Turkey ;)

Oh, it's perfectly located about 20 min drive from the airport via a well maintained highway.

Overall I'd be happy to return to this hotel if we ever come to Antalya again.

Room Tip: Lagoon rooms or suites are totally worth the money if any are available.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank katialady
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was so disappointed by this hotel. Firstly they charged the full amount of the booking days before i was suppose to check in even though the website that i booked through said my card would not be charged until check in. They charged the full amount and when i asked to pay with a different card they told me absolutely not and that their machine had "broken down." It was funny that they could charge large amounts of money to my card but could not put it back. I contacted the customer service representative Sinan [--] who told me it was my fault that they charged us twice and that my card had a hold on it (which it didnt). I sent him two emails back and he didnt bother to respond.Then they put us in a room with a broken bathtub. The next morning we were woken up at 7:30am by massive construction both directly outside our window and directly above us we could not sleep and had to call reception three times over two days to get our room changed.The entire game area including the bowling, darts, and billiards are all NOT included in the "all-inclusive" price, same with lemonade by the pool which is charged at 3e a plastic cup. Further more there is NO Jacuzzi just little cold pools with jets (super lame).Some of the staff were discriminatory as well since they allowed me and my husband to swim in the pool after 8 but not the middle eastern family sharing the pool with us. ( we were the only people in the room)They made them leave even though they had permission by reception which i did not think was fair or nice.I later spoke to the family to apologize and they said they were also unhappy with being treated rudely by the staff. I was treated poorly by staff and management and i WOULD NOT choose this hotel or recommend it to anyone in the future. Try another all-inclusive resort next door.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple