“Beautiful hotel, amazing holiday.”

Titanic Beach Lara Hotel
Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We came back from the Titanic on June 24th. Stayed for a week and had an amazing time. The hotel really is beautiful. It sticks with the theme, but not too over the top. All areas within and around the hotel are clean, and very well kept. Rooms are comfortable and have everything needed for your stay. Maids came in daily and did a great job each time. Mini bar in room filled up every day. Rooms were always quiet. Pools were always clean, and we never had trouble getting a sunbed. There were 4 of us, and never went out before 10-11am, and never struggled. We were poolside every day, with parasols. We spent a couple of afternoons on the pier, which was amazing. Direct access into the sea, and huge beanbags/pillows to lie-on. Didn't use a cabana, but they do look awesome. Ate at snack bar by the beach, food great for a midday snack. Food at buffet was always nice, huge variety, I can't believe how some people have said there isn't enough choice. The hotel has to cater for many different nationalities, which I think they do very well. There was always something I enjoyed to eat. Never struggled for a table, and service/table clear around was always fantastic. We ate at the Italian a la carte (7euro PP, tues and fri, 10 on other days), and the food was some of the best I have had. Setting is beautiful, and service is top notch. All staff we encountered were friendly, polite and helpful. The entertainment team deserve a special mention, really work hard and we enjoyed watching their pool games! Husband had a great time on the water slides everyday. Didn't watch much of the evening entertainment, but drinks service at all bars was great (including measures of spirits!), and the nightclub open from midnight was great. Wish more peope had gone though as was never very busy! Main restaurant open at midnight - 3am for cheese toasties and snacks, which was great after a few drinks. Had a great stay, and really wouldn't hesitate to go back. In fact, planning our next trip already!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank hayless1508
TitanicBeachLara, General Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear hayless1508,

Wow! Thank you and we really appreciate your kind feedback. We are so happy that you will be making us your home away from home. Thanks again for the positive words, and the whole team here looks forward to welcoming you back.

Hediye Çete

Write a ReviewReviews (2,653)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arrived home 22 June.This was our 3rd visit to the Titanic.We loved the changes to the dining room. We never waited for a table (and there were 9 of us) Also the new ice-cream and cake parlour was great with nice coffee,open till midnight.I'm not sure losing the pizza and jacket potato restaurant was a good idea as there is now a wasted space with a couple of table tennis tables plonked there and you only find them if your going to the toilet. There are now cabanas on the beach which are very upmarket and look very cozy. Someone commented on the food at the titanic being Turkish. just because there is no bacon and pork sausages for breakfast there is absolutely everything else you could wish for. The food is unbelievable. lunch and evening meals are brill with t bone steaks,turkey,lamb,chicken,salmon, to name but a few.well if that's turkish I love it bring it on.some reviewers say the music is too loud. If you don't like it ,sit in what we call the chill out bar with air condition and next to the ice-cream parlour with no music.The entertainment is the best ever and the best one so far has got to be THE FOUR SEASONS.I won't give too much away but included motor bikes,girls dancing on podiums,fireworks,special effects and up to date music. When plastic macs were handed out I wondered what was going on.well it rained then it snowed.It was spectacular.What a brilliant night. Now I will come to the kids club.2 of my grand children went during the day and loved it.Every night there was a disco for them and I came away chanting MINI DISCO. You will only get the meaning of this if your kids go there. They did this in 4 different languages including English. There were also loads of Brits and I mean loads of Brits at this hotel.we reckoned maybe 35% .Maybe we all chose the same week to go or maybe word has got round about how good this place is.You don't have to put your towel out at 5.30 as some one said.I was usually first at the towel stand at 8 o clock with the odd towel out here and there.All the staff are great especially Erik. my grandson cried when he said goodbye to Erik. He's only 6 but he had such a good time. Now I have to mention a couple of negative points. The air con goes off for a few hours in the afternoon not too big a problem but it also goes off during the night BIG problem. We only slept for around 3 hours a night. The temperature during the day was over 40 degrees and not a lot less during the night.It was unbearable. We did ask at reception WHY.They said that was the rules. We would have paid to keep it on.Is this some form of cut back? We have never experienced this in any hotel at this time of year.The other problem was the Mosquitos. We had so many bites we lost count. We saw so many people around the pool with huge bites. I personally don't get bitten.they don't like me.they took no prisoners this time. We have been all over Turkey and other resorts seem to control them by spraying in the early hours. I know you can't get rid of them all but there must be something the Titanic can do as other places have succeeded. Please don't let my negative comments put you off booking this hotel.It is still one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and I've stayed in many. PS.I also found the way to ring the bell at the front of the ship during the day when everything is locked. NOT TELLING .

5  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed June 23, 2013

having just returned from this amazing hotel I thought I should write a review on its manly good points and 1 minor bad point
the hotel itself was absolutely immaculate from the moment you walk through the door
the lobby reception area is very impressive and grand with helpful reception staff. our room was a garden view and overlooked the entrance to the hotel the room itself was basic but very clean and tidy the beds the best I have ever slept in on a holiday abroad . The food hall had a very good selection of fresh cooked food with a different choice added we travelled with our 6 year old son who found food choice good and especially liked the spaghetti and smiley faces. the pools and areas around were very tidy and clean we spent a lot of the week in the pool and at 1.4m deep its not to deep for small children the kids pool and area is great for toddlers and small children with is pirate ship including the children's water slides the water in these pools only been 0.5m at their deepest. the main aqua park area behind the child's pool is great for teenagers and adult and kept our teenage daughter and myself amused for a few hours throughout this holiday if you are a moor serious swimmer the 50m Olympic pool will help you burn off all the calories you put on from over eating in the restaurants. the hotel has its own beach with beach hut cabanas available at extra cost .plenty of sun beds to go around if you don't fancy the cabanas
theirs a long jetty with luxury sun beds on if you don't fancy getting sand between your toes
the drinks are available all day long at the solaris bar with the tables waited on in the evening Eric the waiter was the most friendly of them all and some times the evening entertainment was a little bit boring but on the whole okay theirs a kids club during the day with a disco half hour in the evening run by friendly staff although they could do with a little extra music and dances as these got a little to repetitive by the end of a week .
Now for the bad point the hotels management has a policy of turning the air conditioning off a certain points of the day as a cost saving exercise whilst we was around the pool most of the day it was not a problem but did become a problem throughout the night when it went off at 3 am and you could feel your room getting hotter by the minuet and usually caused me not to get a good full nights sleep probably not much of a problem in the cooler months of the year but in June when the temperatures were at 47 degrees its not acceptable of a hotel of this standard and the price you pay is supposed to cover the air conditioning, I have stopped in lower class hotels before where you have had to pay for your air conditioning and it has worked all the time your key car has been in the power slot for the room
on the whole a fabulous hotel and complex with good all round facility's and food so don't let the bad point put you off

Room Tip: always ask if theirs a chance of an upgrade on arrival especially if you've stayed here before i...
1  Thank richard l
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to Turkey and just could not believe this hotel. Lovely rooms, amazing food at the buffet & had one ala carte dinner in the Italian restaurant which was just divine!

Lovely big pool area and friendly bar staff. Lots of shops in the hotel selling amongst others designer fakes. I picked up a couple of nice watches.

I used the spa twice... Had a peeling foam bath and Balinese massage... Just heaven!

The hotel was so good we never actually left the complex in the week we were there. Even though it was November the temperatures were in the mid 20's Celsius. Some of the facilities were closed down fur to being out of season but this did not affect us at all.

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Have just returned from an absolutely fantastic 10 night stay at this hotel. Having read previous reviews I cannot believe the negative comments of some people. This hotel was meticulously clean, food was excellent with lots of choices - meat etc. cooked in front of you, freshly baked bread was delicious, and the food at the beach snack bar was second to none.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and check in was very quick( although waiting a while to check in to such a good hotel would not be a problem). As for the staff not speaking much English - as commented earlier - what is the problem??? If you are visiting a different country why not try to speak their language? Common courtesy I would say. All staff did their best to communicate effectively from the lady who cleaned our room to all waiters and entertainment staff.
We never had to wait for a table at the restaurant, we didn't need to get up early to reserve a sunbed and we strolled to the pier after lunch and had no problem finding a beanbag to relax on. My two sons aged 11 and 15 had a "wicked" time and especially enjoyed playing football with kids and their parents of different nationalities ( no language required). One waiter in particular made our kids holiday special, making a fuss of them and talking about football and the lady who cleaned our room ( family room) was also lovely. This holiday was a special treat for my family after a difficult year and I truly believe we could not have had a better holiday anywhere else and I would have no hesitation in returning.

Room Tip: Family rooms very spacious
7  Thank Donna G
TitanicBeachLara, General Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Donna G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Titanic Beach Lara Hotel . We greatly appreciate your kind words about our Front Desk staff, the cleanliness, the entertainment, and the food & atmosphere of our Restaurant. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was the most wonderful holiday me and my family have had. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean, wide range of delicious foods, excellent pools which is well planned as we didn't have to split up to keep an eye on our two boys as our 5 year old wanted to be in the kids pool and the 11 year old preferred to be in the slightly deeper pool and the slides which he really abused. What made our stay even greater were the staff, the 8 day's we stayed here i did not come across a single member of staff who looked miserable, i just could not believe how they could look so happy. i would recommend this hotel to anyone who's after a 5* service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kenan c

Dear kenan c,
Thank you for sharing your "amazing" review of Titanic Beach Lara Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We appreciate your compliments about our cleanliness & food choices and as well as our staff. Thank you for recommending our hotel, we hope to welcome you back very soon on your next trip to Antalya.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Where to start!! We left a week before everything opened, so i guess its more the fault of the travel agent for telling fibs! There was only one place to eat unless you paid for the only two restaurants open ( which by the way was the same food but your order was taken by a waiter). It was a buffet style where you had to queue for each individual item in a busy hotel. ( my husband joked it was like a soup kitchen) The food was cold and plain and near the end of the holiday we all became so ill! ( baby included). With a baby especially this was very stressful, you had to also get your own drinks (apart from lunch and dinner if you could find a member of staff) and with baby in one hand drag a highchair round to your table. The highchair was always dirty and when we asked them to clean it the staff would say, 'yes yes' .. then never come back so i took to wiping up with baby wipes. It was just so stressful, we never had a meal as a family. There was no snack bar by the pool ( like Thomas cook promised! so their fault too), and the opening times for food were so far apart. We ate at 7am, 1pm and 7pm!! We smuggled food out of the buffet area to feed us and the baby throughout the day. The pool bar closed early but if you went for a drink at five to ten when they open at ten they make you wait, doesn't matter how thirsty you are and if baby needs hot water for milk. There was construction sites everywhere except by the pool, ciggy stumps and rubbish left by workmen in the OPEN soft play area in the kids ship, no night time entertainment and the only place they had a little disco for toddlers wasn't accessible with a stroller. These were vital things as there wasn't much to do, no places to eat plus all our money went towards the all inclusive aspect of the holiday. The all inclusive mini bar contained two beers... so if your stuck to your room for any reason .. like baby sleeping in cot you have to do numerous trips downstairs. You pay for every little thing, games room, pool table, bowling and in the evening this adds up. Never seen laundry costs so expensive. We were bored, stressed and felt like cattle being herded to the only places open at certain times and then eventually ill. Some of the staff were nice, loved the cleaning staff but others were rude. Towards the end of the holiday however we started to see the hotel transform. Their service appeared to slowly improve and all the crappy plastic furniture was replaced with snazzy wicker ones, they even cleaned the carpets which such a small thing was lovely. I also found sanctuary in the patisserie place were the staff were lovely and helpful and there were no queues! I'm so on to this now, you pay for just out of season and you really do get the worst experience ever. Probably would of been lovely if we went the week after... but still I'm never coming here again and it's taught me to either go in season, do self catering or stick to the Caribbean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank yummym0m

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel. I am disappointed to hear of your experience at the hotel and apologize for the services which were not available due to the pre-season. In order to have the facilities ready for the summer season we need to do maintenance works at the bars, slides, beach, pier, etc. The works can only be done when these places are not in operation and are closed for service.

I'm sorry to hear that the restaurant staff did not immedeately react when you were looking for someone to clean up the high chair. This type of service meets neither our standards, nor certainly your expectations and for that we are truly sorry. Please know that your comments had been duly noted with the appropriate managers and appropriate actions taken to ensure it does not occur again.

We are grateful for all the feedback provided and we value your views as the greatest tool to consistently improve our service standards and meet guest expectations. Although you decided not to stay at our hotel again, I truly hope that you will choose to stay with us once again and give us the chance to restore your faith in us. You would have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay.