“WOW!!!! Exellent Hotel”

Titanic Beach Lara Hotel
Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 30th may-6th June travelled as family of 4, 2 adults 2 small children we found this hotel amazing spoilt 4 choice with pools, loads of sun beds even tho hotel was full, food was good loads of choice,plenty of different bars wif a good selection of drinks, and get served strait away. We have read reviews suggesting the dinner hall was so busy and could not get a seat to eat your meal. Absolute nonsense, even at peak periods there was always seats and tables. If there wasn't staff would have the table turned around in seconds. Excellent small pirate ship for children, with all infant parts of the pool shaded. Even the beds by the pool and even the beach had options of shaded or unshaded. All children had shaded areas in which to play, that was most impressive. Good night time entertainment finishing for 12am and for those who wanted to stay later, the party carried on away from the hotel down to the beach area, where there was an outside nightclub. Excellent holiday for all ages, extremely family orientated not to mention the whole place being absolutely immaculate.

My favourite member of staff was a waiter/barman EKRAN!!!!!

Extrodinately friendly, helpful, funny and loved kids. He would never have you standing at the bar for a drink (queue or no queue) he would make us sit and have all our drinks within minutes. My children were extremely found of him, especially my little girl Mollie. I thought he went out of his way to get to know us and to make our stay enjoyable as possible.

All in all excellent holiday, definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and would I go back - 100% YES!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Emma R
TitanicBeachLara, Hotel Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Emma R,
Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us. Every compliment about our services gets passed directly to related departments. It is always motivating to know that our guests recognize the care the staff put into their work!

Thanks for having stayed with us, and we hope that you will return one day. If ever I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went with our 8 year old daughter 28 May to 11 June and had a lovely holiday. The hotel and grounds are very impressive. All places were clean and very tidy. Yes, the brits are in a minority but we did not have any language probs that could'nt be overcome and it makes you appreciate how difficult it is for the staff when dealing with different languages. The entertainment team did communicate in several languages, credit to them for trying to include all guests.

Room was large enough for the three of us, very tidy and clean, safety deposit box included in price as was mini bar which was well stocked each day.

Pools were excellent and very very clean, the main pool floor does have a few areas that need attention. The tiled area around all the pools were very slippy so would suggest pool shoes for smaller kids especially, we did see a few slippy falls. Our only real critism of the hotel is the daytime music - too loud and too repetitive and is it necessary for all the pool areas to hear whats going on in the olympic pool. Sun loungers were always available, we never went out early to reserve beds.

Restaurant, lovely food and a good variety. As I think with most all inclusives, it does have peak times. Staff good, a bit slow to clear tables at peak times, but some people do have a tendancy to want to sit in the same place, cleared or not.

Entertainment, only went to one show the circus, was very good. Our daughter did'nt go to kids club, did not want to leave pool, but they looked OK and the team did work hard.

Bars, no probs, staff very good and helpful, some better than others.

Reception staff very helpful and understood what we wanted, our door key did not work a couple of times and they very efficiently sorted it - if you keep them near mobiles they can cancel so we were told.

We paid a 20 euro returnable deposit to keep our pool towels on our departure day.

Wifi - did pay for seven days, one kit only, and put it on tablet for our daughter, not a strong signal tho.

Doctor, I had an allergic reaction to mossy bite, excellent service which needed three injections and a prescription, costing about 104 euros in total. Pharmacy very good when hubby went for prescription and heavy duty repellent for me !

Overall, the hotel was as we hoped, we did a lot of research before booking and it was as expected, in some areas exceeded expectations. A very grand, clean, spacious and accomodating hotel, will we go back - our daughter would go back tomorrow !

Other bits - on a couple of occasions we experienced some very rude people especially in waiting for lifts, I did take exception once when my daughter was pushed out, but we had the 'we are on holiday and chilled' approach to such behaviour. First Choice, did not need them but knew where they were if we did, thats part of what we pay for - the reassurance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Kathryn C

Dear Kathryn C,
Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to share the experience with your family. I appreciate your highlighting the different aspects of your experience. I have shared your feedback regarding the loud music with the Entertatinmnet Manager, he will make sure the noise will be kept at a certain level.

Thanks again for the positive words and for staying with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Antalya.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Going home tomorrow but can't wait to come back. Rooms are great and you can get wifi access ( bit intermittent at peak times) they are clean, the only annoying thing for me was the aircon is controlled by the hotel and although you can leave the fan on, the aircon only works at set times and at night this means it is on from10pm to 2am which meant I woke up at 2.30pm as i was too hot most nights, so ended up getting herbal sleep tablets to overcome this. Food is excellent, there is something for everyone (unless you are ones of those really awkward people that quite frankly most people would be glad to see you starve to death anyway as you are probably really annoying and just moan for the sake of it!). Entertainment is the best I have seen anywhere and more varied than most hotels that repeat the entertainment each week. The shows aren't like the one reviewer below said bordering on adult entertainment ..... Kids see women topless on the beach during the day so seeing dancers in show outfits is hardly any different...get a grip or book a Saga holiday you moron! We spent most of our days at the beach and the sun loungers are free and not being a sun worshiper myself I found the positioning of the canopies perfect as they gave shade all day long without having to move the sun lounger every 15mins. We did pay for the beach cabanas for a few days at 55 euros a day which sounds a lot but you got a bottle of bubbly, full waiter service which included bringing water melon before lunch, lunch service to the cabana, loads of drinks, corn on the cob mid-afternoon, ice cream in the afternoon and also cookies and also free wifi (so don't buy wifi vouchers at reception if you are going to use the cabanas for a few days, each voucher code can be used on two devices and is for 2 days).....well worth the money I thought unless you are a tight git and are holidaying on a budget. Hope this helps make up you mind.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank daveo1372
TitanicBeachLara, Hotel Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear daveo1372,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with future travelers on Trip Advisor. It was very nice of you to pass along comments regarding your recent stay. One quick note for TripAdvisees: the AC hours are being extended according to the weather conditions.

We do hope to see you return and visit us again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just returned on 6th June after 14 days at the Titanic and found it to be a great hotel.From my experience it was not the same hotel that EdwinBear was commenting upon on the review below.
We were 2 couples in late 60s and early 70s and found the place spotless both inside and outside.The music was a little loud at times but there were plenty of places to retire to where it was inaudible or muted. Also there was an abundance of loungers at various locations throughout the property and we never had any problems without booking a bed with a towel. There were a lot of children of generally pre school age but they were all very well behaved.
The food was very fresh and being freshly cooked throughout the service so even if you went for lunch or dinner at the end there was always freshly cooked food on offer. The food was Turkish or European based, which suited us fine as there was always plenty to choose from.
The staff were very friendly and always served you with a smile. The entertainment was generally of a high standard with very little vocal content and mainly dance, circus magic etc to appeal to the broad audience present
The drinks on offer were of excellent quality and also all quality mixers used. My one and only gripe was that the breakfast juices were of poor quality and were diluted although freshly squeezed juice was available at an additional charge of 2 euros.
We will recommend this hotel to all our friends and being only 20 mins from the airport is an added bonus

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Aberdeenloon
TitanicBeachLara, ho at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Aberdeenloon,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel itself is beautiful, from the gardens to the reception to the pools to the entire interior, quite a magnificent sight. My main cause for concern was the constant blaring Turkish pop music, which is churned out most of the day. I understand that most hotels do play music to add atmosphere to a holiday, but sureley it does not need to be played at full volume all of the time. At times my wife and I felt like we had checked into a Turkish 18-30s hotel. We prefered the small pool which is situated near the fitness center, but even there the music was annoying. The only escape to peace and quiet was to go to the beach. The procession with towels to reserve the best placed beach beds usually began at 4.30am, and the reservations of the main pool beds started about 5.30am, so don't forget to set your alarm. Do not expect to find a seat in the restaurant very easily after 7.30pm as there is normally a mad rush at 7pm opening time. We normally ate at the beach resaurant at lunch time, and found that to be very good, with waiter service. Overall a good holiday, spoiled by the loud music. Would we return -----NO.

Room Tip: Try to get a pool view as we did. Lovely pool and sea view plus sun from 7am.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank malmar0

Dear malmar0,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay in May. While it sounds as though your stay was good overall it's unfortunate that you did not find the entertainment to be to your liking, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We sincerely hope that we may welcome you back again at another time and give us the opportunity to ensure your next stay is flawless.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hi this was our second visit to this complex on this occasion we took our grandson though we had a night mare going through immigration (visa) etc the Titanic resort soon got us into the Holiday mood though be warned the dinning room can be hectic at peak times and there where lots of children on site The food is very Turkish but there is plenty of choice but don't expect Yorkshire pudding etc My Grandson 13 thought the holiday was brill and wants to return even he did not complain about the food though he never does.All staff are very good and yes its 5* but its a Family resort young or old alike.The resort of Lara is not very nice thus most people stay within the complex and you never get BORED,you have your own private beech and if you like to splash out, like we did we hired a Cabana for 80 Euros (this is a type of beech hut) and was served all day by the waiters i even got a complimentary massage would we go back YES we are already looking

Room Tip: Book towards the rear of the complex
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank shunty2
TitanicBeachLara, Hotel Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear shunty2,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel during your visit to Turkey. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for sharing your experience with future travelers. We hope that you will have an opportunity to travel to Antalya again and visit us where we look forward to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family stayed for a fortnight with our young children (aged 3.5 and 18 months) from 17th May. I wanted to go home after a week. The hotel itself is based in what can only be described as a housing estate of hotels, and my impending sense of doom on the transfer to the hotel proved to be entirely justified. The staff, in general, simply aren't interested in the guests, you get the distinct impression you are somewhat of an inconvenience to them. In the main, they are surly and miserable, do not smile or make eye contact, nor engage in any conversation whatsoever. Reception staff cannot answer basic questions such as when our tour rep was in the hotel, why our room keys stopped working every 2-3 days and what exchange rate they used for converting EUR to Lire. (She told me the 'Central Bank Rate' but working in foreign exchange as I do, when I checked the rate on the invoice, it was nowhere near the interbank rate). On checking out, I received a very frosty look in response to my request for an invoice, and there was no recognition of my birthday which occurred during my stay at all. Most hotels would leave some fruit/bottle of wine/cake/card or some small acknowledgment, but there was nothing at all.

The guest relations manager was incredibly rude when I complained about some completely inappropriate entertainment they put on at their 'White Party'. Call me a prude, but I don't want my children watching women in PVC bondage gear putting on a highly sexualised performance. The guest relations manager agreed it was an 'erotic show for their 10th birthday celebration' but as there were 'no breasts or nipples on display' that was OK. Other entertainment included the Foresight dance show, where we were treated to women pole dancing in their underwear, and Carnival night, where some poor fella was dragged onto stage and given a lap dance by a woman in a thong. This invoked some awkward questions from my son about 'why that lady is shaking her bottom in that man's face?'.

The restaurant situation is a complete farce. If you want to stand any chance of securing a table, you need to gather alongside your fellow diners 5 mins before the restaurant opens. At which point there is a scrum with people rushing to find a table. Those who arrived at any time after about 7.15pm had no chance - we witnessed people standing up eating their soup. Tensions fray in the long queues for the food, I watched an incredible cat fight between two women over an alleged pushing in incident. The drinks service is awful, I wonder if they have a policy of allowing you only one drink with your meal in order to turn the tables faster, as we could never attract the attention of a waiter to get a second glass of wine. The table clearing is non existent. My 18 month old was unwell one evening and vomited all over herself and her food whilst I was wheeling her around the buffet in a high chair. I also had my 3.5 year old with me and was clearly in a bit of trouble. Waiters and managers stood around watching whilst I scrabbled about looking for tissues, nobody offered any help at all. But what was truly awful, was having to eat our dinner with her vomit covered plate of food on our table as nobody came to clear our plates. The situation at the snack bar at lunchtime is exactly the same, you need to eat at either 12 noon or 2pm if you want to get a table and they bring the food out at different times, I would often have finished my cheeseburger before my husband's pizza had even arrived.

The standard of English amongst the staff is very bad, a simple request at dinner for a cloth to clean a high chair was not understood and drinks orders were frequently misunderstood. I suspect this is because they focus entirely on their German and Dutch guests who make up the vast majority of the occupants. Mini disco songs are all German or Dutch action songs which the English kids can't understand.

In terms of the facilities, the swimming pools are freezing, my kids were shivering after about 20 mins, the soft play section with the ball pit is shut and now seems to be used as a junk room, you need to be reserving your sun lounger at 8am at the latest. Many people were taking clean towels back to their room the night before so they could lay them out in ernest the following morning before the towel hut opened at 8am. The life guards seem to have their whistles surgically attached to their mouths and are blowing at the first sign of anyone having any fun. They are also very inconsistent in their approach to who can use the water slides. My son spent all day going up and down one day, for the life guard to suddenly decide at about 3pm that he was too small and couldn't use them anymore that day. The staff at the dive centre are a breath of fresh air, and truly lovely genuine people, however, they only have one dive site and you can't charge diving to your room. They aren't really set up for qualified divers at all.

The animation team left me frankly speechless. They humiliate themselves at the start of every morning by performing some very bizarre dance routines round the pool, (the poor female members of the team are further humiliated by their buttock exposing, shorts/tennis skirt combination uniforms as a bit of titillation for the male guests), and then engage guests in such fun games as sitting in chairs passing wet towels over their heads. Their rendition of the Titanic Musical did however, leaving me crying with laughter as they poked their heads through slits in a bed sheet suspended from the ceiling to signify the deaths of 1,500 people, followed by a man peddling a miniature life boat across the stage.

Two, final points. Take A LOT of EUR. You can't charge anything to your room, not the shop, bowling, the completely over priced tokens for the games centre, it is all cash and in EUR rather than Lire. You will also find you are surrounded by smokers, round the bars, the pools, the amphitheatre, it was really quite unpleasant at times.

All in all, I have never been so happy to get home from a holiday in my life.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
17  Thank EdwinBear

Dear EdwinBear,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your recent experience at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel.
We are deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel, all of which attributed to your negative feedback. I am sorry to read that in general your stay did not live up to your expectations. We strive ourselves on providing amazing service and we usually receive great feedback on both our services and our staff.

Your complaint about the “inappropriate entertainment” and your suggestion about informing our guests about the content of the shows was brought to my attention the same day by our Guest Relations Manager. I would like to emphasize the fact that we are a family hotel and that we pick and choose the shows of every season carefully after having watched the show live or on DVD. Please be assured that we do not hire show groups with “pornographic” content.

During your recent stay we have been celebrating the 10th opening year of our hotel with a huge party. Lazer shows and fireworks were visual highlights accompanied with performances of professional dancers and acrobats. In your review and as well as in your conversation with our Guest Relations Manager you have mentioned the dancers wearing “bondages”. As a woman and mother of two kids I perfectly understand and respect your sensitivity, but what I have seen were dancers wearing costumes comparible to beach wear, which children are used to see everyday by the pools. In none of the 3 parts of the dancing act the performers haven’t beared intimate body parts. The party started around 10 pm and ended at 12 am, the professional dancers performed around 11 pm where most of the children were put to bed or were sleeping in their strollers. Around 1500 guests and the whole management team watched the event and we did not received a complaint similar to yours. You may have a look at our hotels facebook page where we have posted pictures of this event.

The main restaurant where we serve breakfast, lunch and dinner is our busiest outlet and has its rush hours during meal times but I can assure you that there are enough tables and waiters to cater guests needs; no one has to eat standing or in your case no one would have deliberately ignored your daughters high chair with the plate of vomit. I am sure the staff didn’t ignored you intentionally it can only be a matter of inadvertancy. I apologize that you experienced some inconveniences with the service, we are usually on top of the game in anticipating guest needs. I have shared your comments with the Food&Beverage Manager, who has taken the feedback to heart and will work with his team to sharpen their skills in identifying priorities such as yours. It’s a great reminder that we must always have our eyes open and remain alert.

As for your comments about the snack bar and the service time of pizza I assume that you may not have seen the written information on the counter where we inform our guests about the extra preparation time of pizza. We do not serve already baked warm pizza slices, therefore the preparation and baking of a whole pizza needs around 20 minutes extra time.

Due to our infrastructure we are only able to heat the semi olympic outdoor pool and the indoor pool during the winter months (November to May). Compared to previous years unfortunately the weather in May this year was colder than in the previous years.
“Better safe than sorry” - Our lifeguards pay utmost attention to the risks by the swimming pools, especially by the childrens pool and the water slides where guests can hurt themself and others as well. If the lifeguards realize possible risk situations they are entitled to stop the operation by the waterslides/pools and advice guests to be more careful.

The ladies from our Entertatinment team are wearing uniforms similar to tennis skirts on top of shorts and none of the ladies feel humiliated by wearing these. They also do not show their body parts to titillate male customers. All of our enterainment team members organize and participate in activities such as step, aerobic, belly dance, air gun, beach volley, etc. where they have to wear comfortable shirts and shorts. Please also keep in mind that the average temperature sometimes is above 30 degrees during the day time.

I am sorry to read that you did not liked our Titanic Musical. From the feedbacks I receive I know that many of our customers enjoy watching the musical and admire the efforts our entertainment team puts in rehearsals and the actual stage performance. Unfortunately we do not have the same budget like Mr.James Cameron had when he was shooting the billion dollar movie in 1997; but one thing is certain we do not use bed sheets on stage.

Although these issues are not typical of a stay with us, we will be sure to use your comments to better future stays. We realize you have many hotel choices when visiting Antalya. Your dissatisfaction is understood, but should you change your mind and wish to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards,