“Titanic is my First Love”

Titanic Beach Lara Hotel
Ranked #18 of 228 Hotels in Antalya
Belgrade
“Titanic is my First Love”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you ever ask yourself where to go for vacancies,
go to this place!
This is not place where you want to go,
this is the place where you want to live.
Place is like heaven,
food is like for gods.
You will never be alone,
because the friends are everyone.
Your drems will became a true,
what ever you want to do...
About entertanment team what I meen?
Ilona is a dansing queen,
Vika has look of lover,
Julia is charming flower,
Nergize is magnicien for childreen,
how she play whith them you must seen...
Every member of crew is helpfull,
I enjoy in every moment, it was so COOLL...
Stevan

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Stevan B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and 18 year old son had an amazing holiday at the Titanic and wish we were back there right now. Reading the reviews I have to say a holiday is what you make it. We found the hotel very clean and beautiful, rooms although basic (who cares) were spotless with fresh bed linen and towels and luxurious toiletries each day. Everywhere we looked staff were cleaning something or other. The pools were fantastic, very clean and lots of them, we stayed at the olympic pool each day, it was very peaceful there, at 12.30 the entertainment would have an activity on which was hysterical to watch. My son is 18 and we never saw him, he made friends on day two and spent evenings at the Ocean bar, he had a fabulous time and was sad to leave.

The food was lovely, beautifully presented and lots of variety, fresh and tasty, bread and pizzas being made before your eyes. The waiters were wonderful, we had a fabulous waiter who always watched out for us and reserved a table for us, but sadly on our last day he wasn't there and we had a large tip for him, feel bad about that.

The entertainment was out of this world, belly dancers, burlesque dancers (much to my husband and sons delight) gymnastics, acrobats absolutely outstanding and very professional, couldn't wait for the next night to see what was next, loved it.

The beach was lovely, well kept and like a bath getting into the water.

To sum up this was a perfect holiday, yes I did get up at 8am to reserve my beds for the day but think this is the norm really. Meals were wonderful, we also tried the fresh rolls from the snack bar after 4, perfect with fresh orange juice and doughnuts made before your eyes. The pools and hotel and surrounding areas were impeccably clean and beautiful, a very stunning place. The entertainment is of a very high standard. My one and only niggle is the wifi, you have to pay 3 euros an hour for this, hence we didn't bother, most hotels let you have it in reception for free, but at the end of the day it probably was for the best as I felt I had a real break from reality.

Definitely recommend this resort it's perfect.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the front of hotel, views were of the garden which was nice and I think al...
1 Thank Sallie C
Cacak, Serbia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Thanks Titanic staff,everything was fantastic ,starting from food ,clean room,nerves for small children.My boys( 2 boys and husband) was amazed with slides ship in the pool,and kids disco.Lot of kisses for you,see you next summer .Love you ,family Vukojicic from Serbia.

2 Thank Lidija V
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have just arrived back after a 2 week holiday to the Titanic with our 2 children and family friends with children. What a fantastic hotel!!!! I would definately recommend this hotel, it is geared up to accommodate all ages, with something to do for everyone. We stayed in a family room overlooking the main pool area,perfect location, seperate from the main building, overlooking the main pool area. It was extremely spacious and very clean, the maids and staff work really hard keeping everything immaculate and spotlessly clean. The entertainment team were fantastic,they work so hard keeping the children and adults entertained all day. Our children spent most of their days up and down the watersides and playing the pool games!!!! Should you require a poolside sunbed, we did have to get up at the crack of dawn, although there was plenty to go round if you were not to fussed about where you sat. There was a wide selection of food available and even though my son is a bit of a fussy eater he was always able to find something he liked. We would normally find him in the pancake tent at lunchtimes, trying to fit in as many pancakes as he could in one sitting!!! The shows in the evening were amazing and very entertaining for all ages. We spent a few evenings dancing the night away in the Oceans night club, with the cool sea breeze blowing on us ...perfect!!! My only little gripe would be that we found the floor rather slippery around the pool area and would recommend that maybe some of the blue matting that was around the slide pool would be a good idea around the edge of the other pools.
I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and would 100% return. We had a fantastic holiday and would like to say to all the staff and the entertainment team a big thank you for making our holiday such a good one!!!

Room Tip: Family rooms consist of two bedrooms with a double bed in one and two singles in the other, but you...
7 Thank Claire M
amman
Reviewed August 24, 2012

it is my 3rd visit to antalya second in the Taitanci ... ive checked in on the 19th of Augest 2012 with my family ,,, i was so amazed on my first visit in Augest 2011 hat i recomended this hotel to the rest of my family , i showed them their rating being the 9th hotel in Antalya according to TripAdvisor i evien posted a good review my self after my first visit .
when i checked for the second time last week i was expecting the same welcoming and good service i received the first time (what i received was quit the opposite ) MR KAPTAIN the reception guy is the rudest person i have ever met with no sense of customer service ( i believe they became so conceited and arrogant they felt they should treat their guests like thieves ) i presented him confirmation voucher of booking a sea view room but he refused to accept it claiming they do not have any rooms and the booking is not correct , i asked to see the manager but he said the manager is not willing to see me and that i have to deal with him only (what kind of a manger that refuses to meet his visitors ) any way i insisted on seeing the manager to solve my problem or to give me a written document stating that my confirmation is wrong ....i stayed for about 2 hours on the front desk who totally ignored my presence and requested the i should stay away from the front desk as i was interrupting them . i then started shouting and asking for my money back and i will check in another hotel if they don't give me my sea view room immediately.... then out of the blues mr kaptainn said he had a call from the manager and they are willing to give me a sea view room that has already been booked to a customer who has (actually paid for it ) what nonsense is this i have shown them the confirmation voucher ..... it seems that realized their mistake and tired to solve it without apologizing ......any way it was a stranded room near the boilers of the next hotel side sea view only overlooking the parking lot !!!!!!!) ...

Room Tip: do not book a sea view room you will not get it any way .....
5 Thank suhaabughosh
TitanicDeluxe, General Manager at Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear suhaabughosh,
Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. It is with true regret to learn of the experience you encountered during your recent visit to Titanic Beach Resort Hotel.

I was away on a business trip and unaware of this happening. Upon conducting further research with my Front Office Manager I tracked your information and room number through our Guest Report. Your reservation was made for a standart room via a local travel agent. Let me please briefly explain how the local travel agents are selling rooms; local travel agents do not have agreements directly with the hotels instead they partner with international tour operators and sell their quota of rooms. The tour operator who has a contract with our hotel and is entitled to sell rooms does not have a settlement over seaview rooms; all rooms are being sold as “run of the house” which simply means whatever standart room is available will be assigned to the guest upon arrival, there is no guarantee on seaview rooms. The hotel only applies the contract terms and conditions. Although you had a confirmation voucher the reception staff can only rely on the information and documents the tour operator provides to the hotel. In your case we had to call the tour operator and the tour operator had to call the local travel agent in order to verify your booking. It seems as though your local travel agent has charged you for a room type which even the tour operator couldn't guarantee. I am sorry that we were not able to solve this problem faster and you had to wait.
I also was able to check your check-in time on the guest report and realized you have received the room keys at 11:53 hours. The regular check-in time is at 14:00 hours, the Front Office team should have informed you about this. I apologize for mishandling this pre-arrival communication.

You also mentioned you have written a review after your first visit. I was unable to find the review of our hotel under the reviews section. Reading your previous contributions about other properties I figured that you are a frequent traveller with very high expectations. I am sorry to hear you did not feel our hotel met your standard on your second visit, all of which attributed to your negative feedback

I hope that your future trips to Antalya will find you back in our hotel. I am confident that we can provide you with a flawless experience and chance your perception of our hotel in your mind.

Kind regards,
Gokhan Ozbatir
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed for a week in the Titanic with my wife and five year old, August 2012.

We had room 1405 on the fourth floor. After reading quite a few negative reviews regarding this hotel we were somewhat worried as to what it was going to be like.

The room:
Clean and tidy, mini-bar re-stocked every day (including two beers). Air conditioning was pretty good, it could have been colder but can't really complain. Despite what someone else said in a review, you can have this on for as long as you like whilst in the room. It automatically switches off when you leave the room (and remove a card). Cleaned daily, the maid's were polite and friendly.
The room was quite noisy during the night (up to about 3am), although this wasn't a problem to us, it may be to others.

The lifts:
After hearing stories about long queues for the lifts we were concerned to be given a room on the fourth floor. This turned out not to be a problem. The longest we ever had to wait was probably a couple of minutes, 9 times out of 10 probably less than 30 seconds. A couple of times we did decide to walk up the stairs as there looked to be quite a few people waiting but this was partly just wanting some exercise!

Reception:
Friendly and informative, no complaints.

The main restaurant (in the hotel):
I had some issues with this. Not the food though, I will talk about this next. It was the sheer volume of people trying to firstly get somewhere to sit and secondly get their food. We would first find a table and get some drinks, leave them there before getting up to get the food. A fair bit of queuing required and not exactly a relaxing experience for dinner. I'm not sure how they could change this though and we always got a table. We had a la carte twice (one Italian, one Turkish) - the food was good but primarily we did this just to get out of the canteen-type environment.

Food:
In the main restaurant in the hotel I thought the food was exceptionally good. Other reviewers have said there was a lack of variety. This simply isn't true. For both lunch and dinner they serve all kinds of foods (different meats/salads/pasta etc.). It is not compulsory to eat all food types every time! The quality of everything we had was excellent. The same applies for desert. In the restaurants outside the main hotel we found the quality wasn't quite as good but still acceptable.

Bar's:
Only one lager to choose from (Efes) - so I hope you like it. It was a lager that seemed to get nicer during the week if I'm honest. The house wine wasn't liked. What we did find a bit frustrating were the bar staff. Sometimes we'd be the only people waiting to get served yet the staff behind the bar would prefer to continue to wash-up or chat to each other rather than serve us.

Entertainment:
Contrary to other reviews I actually thought the entertainment let the hotel down. For a five year old in the evening there is the kiddie disco at 2100 for 20/30 minutes, then nothing. Also, all bar-one of the songs were not in English so we had no idea what was going on most of the time. From then on, our son was bored. The adult entertainment was after this but we found this disappointing. Not enough variety for us and nothing that kept our son entertained. There are a couple of stands that have trampolining and sand painting, these was quite expensive though.
One night there were some extra stands within the hotel grounds. There were also some camels which we were looking at. Whilst we were looking our son was picked up by one of the people working there and plonked on the camel, without asking us. Then my wife was asked if she'd like to sit on the camel for a photo. As soon as she sat on the camel they got the beast up and took it for a walk round a small circle for five minutes. When they stopped (we said we wanted to stop!) they demanded 10 Euros. We didn't even know they were charging, as it was early in our holiday we at this point thought it was part of the whole all-inclusive package. We were wrong and this was disappointing.

Swimming Pools:
Large and clean. There are enough life-guards to keep an eye on things, no complaints. The water slides were safe and excellent fun. There were life-guards at the bottom and at the top. I think I had as much (or more) fun on these than my little boy :)

Sun Beds:
We typically went out at about 0900 and always got three sun beds around one of the swimming pools. Even later than that we would've been able to get somewhere. In parties of 4+ you may have to get up earlier to reserve somewhere.

Excursions:
We only went on the boat trip to the bat caves (and on to Antalya) - it was ok, but not great. Monica, the host was nice and seemed genuine. Note that the in-boat charges for drinks are quite high and they do expect the 'captain' to be tipped afterwards.

Other guests:
To me it seemed to be predominantly Dutch and German. We had no issues with anyone pushing in to any queues and generally everyone was well behaved. We had no language difficulties with anyone not being able to understand us. I think with anywhere where you have so many people you'll get some better behaved people than others.

Overall, a very good holiday, if I could I would have given it 4.5 out of 5.

1 Thank Matt P
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very good cleaning services, especially if you leave 1 USD/EUR on bed. Even if you buy ultra-all-inclusive services, be prepared to pay extra-services (eg Internet - 25eur/week, 4eur/hour and quality of data transmission is very low; beds on the beach - 75 euro/day; a la carte restaurant - 10 euro/person, import drinks or foods, room services, slot/electronic machines..except ping-pong tables, access to different facilities of the hotel - tennis - starting from 25 euro/hour, etc.). Room was quite and clean, but the A/C device made a noise in a 3rd speed, so, was necessary to use at a lower speed. The restaurant seems to be a canteen, not a restaurant with 5 stars, with queues at some of the main courses, and same food in every day. The personnel who serves in restaurant or at the bars are not customer oriented, and everything is made as for customers to use and spend as less as possible (eg. for a dink you need to walk 500m, only to the bar). The restaurant opened during the day (12-16) do not respect the timetable..I was at the 15:45 to eat something and the location was closed. The pool even if is big and nice is not cleaned everyday, and taking into account that there are a lot of kids who make some of their needs in that water, ...I preferred the sea (you will see sands in the pool, and dirt on the pool at the surface of the water level). The security was nonexistent. As you know, Turkey has a lot of problems with some terrorist faction and every person who want to enter in the hotel or on the pool area or on the beach could made problems without any effort (people do not wear special bracelets to be recognized by security staff). Finally, I was disappointed by entertainment team, which 2 exception is non-existent or poor performance (a plus just for kids team). Were some good quality show attempts, but only infrastructure and special effects was high.
As a conclusion, the benefits/price rate is not justified and I will not recommend this location to another person.

Room Tip: try to wake up early, because there are a lot of people who put their towels on the beach/pool chair...
2 Thank Morioko