“Faultless”

Ranked #11 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived after 11.30pm and was greeted by extremely friendly and helpful bellboys' and after check in delivered our luggage to our rooms.
We were directed if required to the late night buffet and bars and considering the time of day I was very surprised on the selection available .
The Hotel was full we were told and had no difficulty in finding sun beds in the immaculate gardens and pool areas.
The cleanliness of the hotel could not be surpassed , in all areas !
It is the first time I have been in a hotel and never seen any flies, or bugs, (although one of our party did receive one mosquito bite).
The variety and quality of food I was impressed with, if on a diet huge selection of salads and fish dishes to be had. I would say properly the best food I have ever had in Turkey.
The animation team worked very hard and the Lion King show was very good.
It is the fist time I have sort out the Manager to tell him how good I thought his Hotel and Staff were.

Room Tip: Even room numbers are the best as they overlook the pool areas, but suggest above the second floor a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter I
emre o o, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2015

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic.

We were upgraded to a family suite which was spacious and luxurious,had a balcony with steps down to a pool and had a jacuzzi.

We travelled with a 4 year old and a 6 year old - 3 kids pools, kids club and a shaded kids play area on the beach made for very happy boys.

This hotel really is all inclusive - great drinks including a large cocktail menu - you cannot get away from food, snacks and ice cream - all times of day or night you can get a great selection. Food was generally great - a few dishes which to me were peculiar, however they may have been more suited to the German, Dutch, turkish or Russian guests who were all there in large numbers.

Service was fantastic - the staff couldn't do more for you and were great with the kids - presenting them with colourful ( alcohol free) cocktails complete with sparklers and umbrellas regularly!!

Evening entertainment was varied - kids disco every night followed by a show - when we were there we had pirates of Caribbean show, retro music night and a totally amazing show by Havana something - acrobatics from Cuba. There was a dubious quiz show type night but everyone needs one early night!!

The hotel is beautiful, clean, spacious and entertaining.

I have never returned to a hotel before as I like to experience different places but I am already planning our next holiday here

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Josie R

Northwest England
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Just returned from a 7 night stay at this hotel and thought I would write a review whilst I am still buzzing about the holiday!
Absolutely loved this holiday. I have never been to Turkey before and will be returning (hopefully to this hotel)
Great room, nice staff, food was really good, excellent entertainment, really cannot fault it. The hotel is immaculate and even on the last afternoon we were still discovering different areas to sit / chill out. Could have easily spent another week here.
Only thing that let it down (as mentioned previously) was the miserable bar guy in the Oasis bar. It didn't by any means ruin our holiday infact we found it quite amusing that he could be so rude, rolling his eyes when we asked for a drink. Was tempted to ask if he really disliked his job so much or if it was just serving the English!
Just going to price up a holiday now for next year !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank nikkiN.westEngland

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the bad,checked in late in the evening, 5 of a party. Told one of the party had travelled from Ukraine, so may have to pay more money. Decided would wait till morning to find out what this was about. Went to reception asked what the problem was. Told by Russian receptionist that she could not find any problem with the booking. Tried again to see if there was any oversight. Again told no problem. 2 days past heard nothing assumed everything was in order. Then the family room and the double room which we booked were both locked and 5 keys which we had,didn't work. So I went to reception and spoke to Hakan. He said I hadn't paid the extra 200 Euros for 8 nights stay,because one of the party travelled from Ukraine and she should have booked from Ukraine. I told him it was impossible for her to book a1/3 of room. He didn't want to take this in although his English was perfect. His excuse for the Russian receptionist was she didn't understand Turkish and that there was no need to lock us out of our rooms, as a simple message to contact reception would suffice. Which he denied saying these things happen."to 5 keys for 2 different rooms unlikely" A bare faced lie. Easily found out by trail on computer. I told him I would contact travel company Alpharooms who e-mailed to pay nothing. Spoke to manager next day who I must say was very pleasant, he asked me to write down how I booked and apologised for Hakan locking us out.He seemed genuinely surprised when I told him and it seems Hakan acted on his own and I was told I would pay no more money. This incident had the family really upset and spoiled the holiday at this point. The food was good and bad,but great choice, always found something to eat, everybody should always find something to eat. Alcohol,beer OK,sparking wine OK,soft drinks OK, cocktails poor very syrupy, not made right. Entertainment OK everybody worked very hard. A couple of good bands as well. Could have done with another couple of things going on in evening a bit of diversity. Animation team very good bunch of people. Rooms excellent beautiful,mostly clean, top shelf dusty,made shirt dirty didn't realise till last day. Public rooms and bars very spacious,never at any point felt crowded. Good mixture of guests mainly British, Russian, Dutch, German and Scandinavian, who all seemed to mix well enough. Rest of staff polite and courteous. Area outside hotel pretty boring, not hotel's fault. Would probably given at least a 4 if Hakan had not upset my family. But I wanted to give an honest opinion and not base it all on this one incident as some people tend to do.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank stephen r

Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is amazing! Staff work very hard to please guests.food choice is great and best ive tasted...if you find fault in this hotel there is no pleasing you. Stay at home with your perfect life!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kevinsmi

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I like my stays at Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel and Resort the staff was friendly. but the food was not perfect.
I stayed at family suite because of the Jacuzzi, and It was not working and within about 40 minutes they change the room.

Room Tip: Family suite
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Boda1
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you were treated with a high service throughout the entirety of your stay. It was a real pleasure to host you.All family süit rooms will be renovated at the end of 2015.

Washington, Tyne and Wear
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Myself, my husband and our 2 boys (Aged 8 and 4) stayed at the Limak Lara from 26th May through 5th June. What an amazing place! What an amazing vacation! For anyone with families I hope this review proves helpful:

Things I wouldn't change (Management please keep things exactly as is!);
The Animation Team - The jewel in the hotel's crown! They work tirelessly. They are charismatic, energetic, creative and talented. All in-house entertainment, no external, brought-in acts, these guys work hard from dusk 'til dawn and really care about the guests and more importantly the kids. A few well deserved shout outs:Mini club girls: Melisa, Valentina, Pelin, Selin, Alina Thank you you made the boys feel so welcome and part of the Limak family! And who could forget the boys! Onur, Goksal, Sasha, Esser and Kamal. You guys rock! Thank you for making George and Sebastian's vacation a one to remember!
Entertainment programme - Fantastic mini club activities, kids afternoon festivals, inflatable games in the pool, beach volleyball, water polo etc all make way for fun packed daytime activities,but it's on an evening when the Animation team come into their own, things kick off with the mini disco at 8.30pm, followed by the show; every night there's something different and quite frankly breathtaking; from Burlesque to Moulin Rouge (and the awesome dance team), to comedy shows, to theatre, to guest interactive variety shows. The kids (and us) were glued every night! The show is usually followed by a band, DJ or Karaoke in the Tea House bar which is always packed and good fun!
The Landscape - the hotel setting is fabulous, from the pools, to the bars, to the choices and the beach, everything is perfect.
The Food - unbelievable choice of freshly made, high quality food in the Zen restaurant (even for the fussiest of kids!) The Laila Snack bar is awesome for the fresh grill and kebabs of a lunchtime and the Raven snack bar is good for pizza/pasta/grill, again for lunch. Cafe Bonjour for lovely for afternoon coffee and freshly made waffles/cakes will satisfy anyone;s sweet-tooth.(Some suggestions to make things even better to follow under 'things I would change' :)
The Shopping - Great bargains both in the hotel mall (Shout out to Adam in the jewelry store within the hotel - lovely man!) and in the shops/mall right opposite (Shopping wise great for copy football strips, copy Silver; Pandora, Thomas Sabo, Tiffany, Bulgari. Watches, copy footwear Vans, Converse, Sunglasses, Designer bags)
The onsite Doctor/clinic - excellent care for my youngest son who got the always-inevitable-ear infection during our stay, they were very thorough and acted quickly with him, they were very caring especially as he's not the most cooperative of patients! Great to have the Dr's surgery onsite too. We paid 65 euros for the initial consultation and treatment and 2 follow up checks (which can be claimed back on medical insurance), the medication (2 lots of ear drops were 7 and a half Turkish lira and were obtained from the Pharmacy right opposite the hotel)
Guest Relations - following my little boys Dr's visit, a lovely fruit bowl and letter was delivered to our room to wish him a speedy recovery - nice touch.
Safety - Top notch! The pool area is safeguarded so well, the lifeguards namely; Sercan and Guven (at the waterslides) do an amazing job watching the kids, we even witnessed Sercan save a little boys life! The hotel close off the pier on windy days and close off the slides when the lifeguards go on their break. This hotel has the children's safety firmly in their line of sight at all times.

Things I would change (suggestions - this section is for the Management - please read!)
Reception staff - Could be more attentive, they don't represent the otherwise fantastic friendly service that we receive elsewhere in the hotel. A few things I asked did not get actioned and they gave us the brush off a couple of times. My husband emailed the hotel prior to our arrival telling them it was my 40th birthday, on our arrival my husband asked if there was a chance we could get a room upgrade having read on Trip Advisor other guests had got upgrades for special occasions, the guy on reception was not waivering and said we could have an upgrade to a family duplex room for 250 euros (25 euros per night) However, we didn't expect anything and our room (Room 1433 twin room on the 4th floor with sea view) was absolutely lovely but something complimentary to mark the occasion would have been even lovelier to mark the occasion! Maybe if we'd asked guest relations it may have been different, but we're not ones to push such things.
Additional entertainment after hours - As mentioned above the nighttime entertainment is fabulous but ends around 11pm, there is the After Ten disco next to the Oasis bar but won't admit kids under 14, so for our kid's ages there was only the games area, as the bars are a little bit of an anti-climax for them after the spectacular Showtime!
Games Room - hmm a little disappointing, a good selection of arcade games but half of them didn't work. Bowling alley and 3D cinema available at an additional cost, I'd argue this should be free, maybe it would be better utilized then Management team?
Ice Cream! - ok so what's the most important thing for parents on an AI vacation? The kids getting ice cream when they want it right? So, there's only 2 places they can get ice cream, the bar on the beach and the Raven snack bar at the pool - the Raven doesn't open 'til 12.30 so its a bit of a trek down to the beach when the kids want ice cream straight after breakfast when you hit the pool. I would recommend a couple of extra stations for ice cream around the pool area.
Soft Drink Chillers - Love the idea of the fridges with help yourself cool drinks, but there could be more, the fridge round the pool only stocks water - there would be more dotted around and should stock Coke and Fanta as per the one at the end of the beach jetty.
Oasis bar - The only utterly miserable, depressing member of staff we encountered manned this bar, what a man! I wanted to end my life every time I asked for a Mojito! Management team - get this guy sent to pasture! He does not represent your hotel in a positive way!
Self Promotion - I would recommend you more proactively promote Tours and Excursions, they are hard to find within the hotel, especially in English. Sultan for a Day: great touch, but maybe promote this further - we would have probably taken this up but it went under our radar and slipped our minds, Special offers in Spa, again unless you go looking for the Spa, it's off the radar, maybe actively promote and do daily special offers, you would have the ladies snap them up.
So whilst there's a long list of suggestions these are merely enhancements to an otherwise wonderful hotel.
We met some great people, loved your wonderful Animation Team, who, if i'm honest make this hotel the hotel it is, and we had a fantastic 10 days. We will be booking up for next year at our earliest opportunity. Thank you Limak Lara you made my 40th birthday celebrations a fantastic family holiday to remember.
Anyone reading this please feel free to contact me with any questions, happy to help! x

Room Tip: We were in Room 1433, 4th floor - central overlooking the main pools with a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family