We visited this hotel during the Easter holidays, the hotel was 98% full ( told by guest relations) I have mostly positives to say about the hotel but unfortunately there are negatives. The main problem was the lack of staff at this very busy holiday period! They were obviously understaffed and could not comfortably cope with the amount of people staying at the hotel. At evening dinner we would find a table ( trying to go at less busy periods as advised on the notice board outside the restaurant) but had to wait quite a while to have the table cleared! We had to ask the waiters a few times to clear the table, this however was not their fault but obviously down to the management team for not dealing with the staffing issues which were a problem!
Also I read a few reviews about waiter service around the pool - we didn't see any waiter service at all around the pool area and would go to the bar ourselves which was not a problem but just expected this service. The waiter service was also very poor in the evening, as we were a large group it took time to sort out a round of drinks. I could count on one hand the amount of times we were offered waiter service this resulted in waiting at the bar to order 14 drinks! The mini bar in our room was not refilled regularly therefore on many occasions had to phone reception to have it re- stocked! Again, major staff issues!
Food was ok but as many other reviews have said the food is mainly aimed at other nationalities! Breakfast time they had always ran out of croissants???? You would have thought croissants would be supplied continuously but no!
Anyway the positives - the hotel is extremely clean with exceptionally friendly staff! Always a smile and hello, they are a credit to the hotel and work so hard! We had a split level family room with access to the pool area, with two teenagers sharing our room this was fantastic as it had two bathrooms, dividing sliding doors which gave both ourselves and the children some privacy. The whirl pool bath in our room was just great! So relaxing after a long day in the sun!
The entertainment team were also great and worked tirelessly throughout our stay making sure holidaymakers were having a good time! There were beach games, pool games, games on the grassed area and many other activities to keep all entertained! Just one thing to be careful of, they have 'fairground' games and one activity was to try and hit a nail into a log with a big hammer. This was supposed to be done with the supervision of staff, however kids were picking up the hammer and trying to hit in the nails themselves ( the nails should have been securely put into the log before trying to knock them in) my son was standing by the log watching another game when a nail hit him in the side of his head narrowly missing his eye! This could really have had severe consequences! Health and stately really needs to be looked at here! Although after complaining, the hammer and nails were taken away until a member of staff was available to control the game! Please be aware when standing by this log of nails!!!
The grounds of the hotel are fantastic and the pools are great, if it wasn't for the above negatives I would have given the hotel a 5 but I always try to give an honest review and although we all thoroughly enjoyed our holiday there is definitely a lot of room for improvement at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limak Lara is a luxury resort hotel that is located along beautiful sandy Lara beach in Antalya/Turkey. Resort is opened 12 months long and gives All Inclusive service during a year. Resort is family-friendly and offers lots of free facilities & activities for its visitors such as free internet access in the room and in general areas, delicious food at main restaurants, good snacks, A La carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Far-east sushi, tai, Indian with cover charge), free Turkish buffet restaurant, local and import good alcoholic drinks, safe box in the room and reception, free kettle with tea & coffee set up. In Limak Lara all standard rooms have been re-designed in 2015 and great new rooms are welcoming its guest with new good furniture, laminated-floor, comfortable beds, shower, hairdryer, bathrobe, mini bar (daily refreshment), free Wi Fi, free tea & coffee making facilities, balcony, free safe box , Television, fan, sitting corner. At bars, restaurants and all around the hotel well trained staff will give a professional service with pleasure. As the parents spend a very quiet holiday, there are plenty of activities for kids at mini club in day and night time. Every single day, we dance with kids at mini disco time. And lots of surprising activities take a place during a stay. There is an aqua park with 9 water slides and 3 pools that covers 8.000 m2. An Indoor heated pool with a water slide, 3 whirl-pools and baby pool are awaiting for holidaymakers. As we are baby-friendly resort a very well cared baby food corner will be at your baby’s service during meal times with its special chef. A wellness center will let you get out of tiredness of the year with its special packages such as relaxation, rejuvenation, Turkish bath etc. with reasonable prices. A Turkish bath (Hamam), Sauna and Fin bath are opened all a year long. Beach towels, sun beds, sun umbrellas are provided around the pool and on the beach free of charge. For the honeymooners a special package is being offered. One day breakfast in the room, one free A La carte dinner, delicious fruit & good wine, room decoration and free upgrade to Jacuzzi room up to possibility. General information about your stay in Limak Lara; A daily shuttle service (with payment) will let you make your holiday shopping in Antalya city center. Central air condition is being set up according to weather conditions. Great location for a great shopping is available within 100 meter. Friendly family atmosphere is taken a place in every place in resort. Clean sandy beach provides a playground for kids. A very tasty breakfast is available at late breakfast restaurant between 10:00- 11:00 o’clock. Housekeeping gives a daily excellent service for a clean rooms and bathroom. A great childcare for specific ages 4-12 and 13-17 up to season. Limak Hotels offer the best value for money with '' Warm Hospitality & Excellent Service '' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel And Resort
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel Antalya
- Lara Hotel
- Limak Lara Hotel
- Limak Lara Resort