“A perfect holiday”

Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort
Ranked #8 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I came back from Limak Lara two weeks ago, and had a truly fabulous holiday. I travelled with family, including 4 adults and 4 children aged from 3 to 8. On arrival we were told we were each upgraded to a suite, we didnt realise what this meant but we were obviously happy. When we arrived at our rooms, we were thrilled with what we saw. I was sharing with my Mother, and had my two children with me. The suite was split level, so although we had a room together, we still felt that we had some privacy and our own space. I stayed on the top floor with the children and we had plenty of room, lovely comfortable beds and even a jacuzzi bath which my kids loved! The decor is lovely, Japanese themed, and really luxurious, most definitely the nicest place I've stayed on this type of holiday.
The pool are is beautiful, with lifeguards in attendance, the kids loved the slides and we sat next to the kids club every day - the kids saw a great magic show there, and popped in and out of the club as they pleased. During the day we ate at the Ying Yang bar or the beach cafe and the food was lovely at both. Even though we were there two weeks we didnt get bored of the food. The restaurant offered a huge variety of food on an evening and there was something to suit everyone. The only thing I'd say is that they need to be quicker serving the drinks in the restaurant.
For me, what made the holiday (apart from the surroundings and quality of the rooms, pools etc) was the entertainment team. They were so friendly, talented and professional. We had fab entertainment every night and the two shows that stood out for me were Lion King and Aladdin - they were absolutely fantastic - most of the entertainment team are professional dancers and we'd often spend some of our time watching them rehearse throughout the day. They provided great fun and were highly dedicated to their jobs - they were so genuine and really wanted to please. My daughter was really fond of Berk the magic man - he was great with all of the kids, and he always made time for them...when we left she wanted to say goodbye to him and even though he was offshift one of the team called him and he came down to see her and say goodbye - this was lovely and just demonstrates how friendly they are.
We paid a little more for this holiday than we have others, but it was more than worth it - we didn't spend anything whilst we were there (other than for professional photos) and there was nothing we needed. There is even a cake cafe which is open every day with amazing cakes where you can sit and have a coffee and cake (or cakes) to your hearts content.
Our first week there, we noticed that there were very few English people there, mainly Russian and German, although this didnt bother us. The mini disco was mainly aimed at Germans, and the first few nights I doubted whether my kids would enjoy it and join in - well, by the end of the holiday they loved all of the songs and now we play the CD at home and reminisce about our favourite ever holiday - we will most definitely be going back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite which is split level and great if you are with extended family.
3  Thank Caroline W
There are newer reviews for Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've just come back from Limak Lara and overall had a great holiday. I'm sure everyone knows the good bits, so i'll get straight to the areas that I think need to improve to get a 5 star from me!

Please don't misunderstand and think that I am picking on them, it is a truly beautiful hotel, but I am sure that if they know about the minus points they can consider them and it will also let all on Tripadvisor know exactly what they can expect if they visit. I am also a surveyor by trade so this review will pick up on some building/maintenance defects - apologies in advance!

Birds - These are a constant annoyance at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (especially in the outside dining area). If you sit in certain areas of the buffet section you are guaranteed bird droppings and visits from birds trying to steal your food. Clearly the management know about the issue which is why they have a sign up asking for suggestions. I suggested the use of a Harris Hawk (or similar) to get rid of them!

Drinks Service - I have to say that every single member of staff (including waiters) were friendly enough, however, as opposed to my parents experience at the Liberty Lara we found that at both lunch and dinner you only got served alcoholic drinks if you turned up as soon as they opened and sat in the right place to be served. Then, you would only be served one drink (no refills). I tip all the time, but this made no difference! If you wanted another drink you were unable to serve yourself, as I found out when another guest tried to serve themselves from the waiters station and got told off!!! The same applies for the theatre outside - the waiters clear the glasses efficiently, but do not offer drinks at all (unless you are certain guests - which I found a bit weird!) There is also no drinks service available around the pool areas. I guess it must have something to do with the size of the place - it is HUGE!

Also, in terms of the drinks themselves, they offer some nice choices in terms of drinks, with various cocktails and soft drinks as well as Rose, White, Red and Sparkling Wine, Efes Lager and (if you ask them - they don't promote it!) Efes Dark (it's a dark ale like Leffe Brune and it comes in bottles). The lager is poured into 300ml glasses and is half head, so make sure if you fancy a pint, to order 3!

Rooms - Don't get me wrong, they are very comfortable, but the room we had did have some minor defects that I wouldn't expect - poor grouting, damage to the bath panel, dodgy mastic work (clearly as a result of a previous leak/issue with the shower screen). I couldn't fault the room service however - apart from one issue which was that it took 3 days to refill the shower gel container!)

Air conditioning - This only comes on 3 times a day in the standard rooms - please be aware if this is important to you.

Reception - I must say, I didn't find the staff on reception to be very happy - maybe they were having off days - but I got the sense that they weren't that interested or focused on helping guests.

Now the good bits!

Pools - Lovely pools - loads of them! Perfect temperature, excellent water quality. Nice whirlpool areas and shallow water areas for kids. The slides are also really good, although the indoor slide was shut when we checked it out. Some minor making good is required to the grout around the pools to make it perfect.

Shows - Simply amazing! We saw Mother Africa (dancing and acrobatics), Mamma Mia (musical), Moulin Rouge (dancing and acrobatics), Lion King (musical). These were better than many smaller theatre productions in England!

Kids Club - Good activities, although I would say that 15 euros for a paint your own t-shirt is a bit steep! Also, the songs at the disco will drive adults mad by the end of their holiday (but the kids love them so if they're happy, so am I).

Beach area - Simply the best on the whole beach - a lovely pier, a fantastic place to eat lunch on the beach and the best area for sunbathing out of all the hotels there.

A'la Carte Restaurants - We visited 2 of these (Tandoori and Turkish) and found the service and food really good. Attentive quality service as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank FintanStack
Reviewed June 5, 2013

In May 2013 we returned to the Limak for the third time in four years to find the same high quality of service we have come to expect. The rooms are beautiful, the food is varied and of excellent quality and the general demeanour of all the hotel staff is one of helpfulness and friendliness. Our maid, Senya, was efficient and pleasant, chefs Mehmet, Enver and Burak were always attentive and humorous and waiter Tarik soon recognised my passion for the local red wine. We are returning to the hotel in September for another week and introducing new friends to a first class all-inclusive experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Graham A
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Really nice hotel, very clean, stuff is friendly, not far away from the Airport 15 minutes, good food, lots of activities for kids and adults, our kids and we loved the hotel and would recommend it to others.

2  Thank Teresa W
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We visited Limak Lara during 15-23.05.2013 and we had brilliant time there. There´s probably not much I can write about what has not been already mentioned here and I will recommend LImak Lara mainly to families with kids because there´s lots of to do. You can read about pros in other reviews and here are some cons which does not allow me to give 5* to my overall rating.

- Spa center - we were quite disappointed that spa center (massages, turkish bath hamam, steam sauna, classical sauna and internal swimming pool with 28 degrees water) was closed at 19.00 (I think due to the some islamic rules, I don´t know). We were missing so much the possibility to have massage (paid) or going to sauna and swimming pool after the dinner. We regularly go swimming at 21.00 or 22.00 in our city but here - everything is closed. After the dinner there´s not much to do in the hotel except of the aminations programs, theater and sitting in some bars. We visited beach every night and evening for walking and swimming, we every evening went outside but you will definitively find that it is simply bad idea to close the complete spa after 19.00. I was told that it was the strategy of this hotel - too bad. And as another negative issue - you are not able to visit the internal swimming pool or steam in the morning (to get some sport before the breakfast) Spa is opened only between 14.00-19.00 - that´s bad for me for 5* hotel.

A la carte restaurants - please be informed that some of them are not included in the ultra all inclusive and some are opened only as of 1st June or 15.05. If you go earlier you cannot visit these restaurants. But to be honest the main restaurant is very good - maybe you even won´t find the reason to visit a la carte ones.

Birds in the main restaurant - in Limak Lara there are some written explanations about it but I found not 100% hygienic to see birds coming to the main restaurant, landing on the breads etc and pecking there.

Rooms - please avoid to get the room near the big three fans (from kitchen I suppose) because you will feel the kitchen and other smell all the time and during the evening and night it is not easily possible to fall asleep since the fans spread uncomfortable sound. If you encounter this experience please visit the reception and they will gladly change your room.

Hotel - extremely big, with some many corridors that you will get lost easily. FIrst two days were about finding the easist way to the spa center, fitness (also opened only for few hours during the day) etc. The corridors are over-complicated and the signs will not always lead you to where you wanna get. I met some many people asking about the way to their room, restaurant, sauna etc.

Drinking water in the bottles (outside the hotel) - it is great that you can get drinking water in the bottles but I don´t understand why it is locked in the morning and in the evening. There´s always security guys even during the night so I don´t understand it. But it is only minor complaint.

Waffle and cake bar - I don´t understand why waffles were made only during (as far as I remember) 14.30-16.00 - only few hours daily. As ultra all inclusive I would expect to get the cake from the morning to the night:-).

But overally - it´s great hotel, with amazing food, welcoming staff and I would highly recommend it to anyone:-).

Petr

Room Tip: Avoid room near the big fans from the kitchen - smelly and noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Petr A
GRManager, Manager at Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for all your recent positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

Regarding this latest comment, we are glad that you enjoyed Limak Lara and as a management team we will look into your recommendations. The opening and closing times of our Spa Centre is in line with the other hotels in the area, but if our guests have any special requests to extend these times we will do our best to help. Please enquire at our Guest Relations desk.

Our patisserie is designed to provide a special service between certain hours. There is something to eat in the hotel at almost any hour of the day or night so we are confident that our guests will not go hungry!

We look forward to welcoming more of our Tripadvisor guests in the near future.

Limak Lara Management

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the Limak Lara for the 1st time in Turkey for eleven days.We had read the reviews,and we found that everything positive that was said about the Hotel was correct,The Hotel is perfect for couples or Families, and the facilities and cleanliness,is top class,The food and all inclusive drinks are very acceptable,and the menus vary nightly.The staff are very efficient and make every effort to be helpful and friendly with you.The numerous pool areas accommodate families with children and quiet areas for the more retiring.There are row upon row of sunbeds around the pools,and the grounds,and finding a spot anywhere is not a problem.The entertainment deserves a Special mention,as they are a superb team in every respect.The shows they put on are very professionally performed,and it is a credit to them and to the Hotel.A Special mention to two of the team ( Sasha and Berk) who are true Entertainers,and spend much of the day around the Hotel with hilarious Comedy routines and Magic. True 5Star Entertainment.
We enjoyed everything about this Hotel,and put it on our ' Be Back ' list.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank HANS186284
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We've been in this hotel from 6 till 13th may 2013.
Everything was great. We booked a double room with 2 extra beds for our children ( 6 and 9 years old). The room was large!!
Everyone working there is very friendly and helpfull. The food was great. We left in the middle of te night, and even then there was a buffet waiting for us.
Very clean, nice swimmingpools, nice beach. We will go back another time!

2  Thank hella1967