My partner and I stayed in the Limak Lara for 3 weeks, from 8th -28th Feb. Our holiday was amazing from start to finish! (Except from having an accident and breaking my ankle, end of second week) If you have booked this hotel you are going to have a great holiday!
1. Check in
Check in was very fast, we were given our room cards and the bellboy took our luggage to our room quickly.
The hotel decor is very impressive and beautiful. The oriental, elegant theme runs throughout the hotel and the grounds. The complex is huge; there are lots of different bars and places to eat. Outstanding value for money.
Rooms are very spacious, modern and bright. They are decorated in oriental theme. Bathrobes and slippers are provided in each room which is a nice touch. We had a standard room with a fantastic view of the pools and sea. After I broke my ankle I asked to change rooms for a disabled room to have more space for wheelchair. The view was not as good as our first room but it was even more spacious to enable me to move around in the wheelchair. One slight problem, I was unable to get access to the bathroom in wheelchair because there was a gap connecting the carpet to the bathroom; however as soon as I mentioned this the management fixed this problem straight away. After one week, we filled out a questionnaire regarding the hotel, I had given excellent reviews for everything. One minor thing I commented on was that I would have liked tea/coffee facilities in the room. (Although it was not a problem) That same day, staff brought tea/coffee facilities to our room which was great. Management also phoned me to discuss my review of the hotel which I thought was really good as it shows they take guests reviews and opinions seriously and constantly strive to improve their hotel/facilities.
The food in this hotel is fantastic. There is a wide variety of food to suit everyone; it is varied and excellent quality. I, my partner and our friends did not experience any upset stomachs during our stay which can sometimes happen during all inclusive holidays. We booked the Valentines 5 course dinner in the Italian a la cart restaurant and were very impressed; it was well worth the 18 Euros extra. The restaurant was decorated in valentines theme, live music, red roses, candles, cocktails. The meal was delicious and each course had ‘love’ theme from the heart shaped bread rolls and veg to desert. Food is also served at the beach bar and area at the pool, again it is top quality and pleasant to eat outside.
I was under the impression that international brands were served in this hotel as part of all inclusive. You need to pay extra for this, however, the local spirits are fine and there is no need to pay extra. Wine and beer are also good.
The hotel, the grounds and rooms are spotlessly clean. Staff constantly cleaning everywhere.
The staff are very welcoming, smiley and friendly. (barmen, waiters, reception, cleaners and of course animation team) Especially Valcon (barman in oasis bar) Berk and Onur (animation team) Staff sent me basket of fruit after my accident and asked daily how I was. Berk is an asset to this hotel. He is a genuine caring and fantastic person. My partner and I became good friends with him. He gave us both so much help and support after the accident, neither of us would have managed without him. He helped to make our holiday special. Thank you again Berk!!!
The animation team work very hard to entertain guests. Games on the beach each day, dressing up, Berk with his amazing magic tricks, Sascha with killer darts and Onur being a funny guy! The entertainment in the evening was very good, in particular the Beatles tribute band and the acrobats show. There is plenty to do in this hotel; lovely large, heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa, mini golf, games room with bowling, pool and air hockey, darts, board games, table tennis and disco.
I recommend a day trip to Antalya. Local bus outside for around 70p takes you straight there and easy to get the bus back to the hotel. Wait at the sports stadium for bus back. There are beautiful bars and restaurants in the old town with stunning views.
Well kept and clean beach with plenty of sun loungers. Beach bar is very good.
We were very fortunate to have good weather throughout our stay.
11. Thomas cook
We were not happy with the standard of service from Thomas Cook. Firstly, on the coach from the airport a Thomas cook rep said that the bus would be dropping off at the Titanic hotel and the Limak Lara. They then went on to say that the Limak Lara was the best hotel even though passengers that were going to the Titanic were still on the coach. Secondly, the Thomas Cook rep did not turn up for the welcome meeting (after speaking to other guests, we were told he did not turn up for previous welcome meetings) Lastly, Thomas Cook did not get in touch or provide any support or advice after the accident. (only after a complaint was made, Thomas Cook contacted us and the level of service improved greatly)
12. Overall comment
My partner and I both had a wonderful holiday at this hotel, one of our best holidays ever! Even after staying for 3 weeks, we were sad to leave. I am already planning and looking forward to returning to this hotel. Ignore any negative reviews; you will not be disappointed at this hotel.
Love and best wishes to all, Paula & Kevin X
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limak Lara is a luxury resort hotel that is located along beautiful sandy Lara beach in Antalya/Turkey. Resort is opened 12 months long and gives All Inclusive service during a year. Resort is family-friendly and offers lots of free facilities & activities for its visitors such as free internet access in the room and in general areas, delicious food at main restaurants, good snacks, A La carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Far-east sushi, tai, Indian with cover charge), free Turkish buffet restaurant, local and import good alcoholic drinks, safe box in the room and reception, free kettle with tea & coffee set up. In Limak Lara all standard rooms have been re-designed in 2015 and great new rooms are welcoming its guest with new good furniture, laminated-floor, comfortable beds, shower, hairdryer, bathrobe, mini bar (daily refreshment), free Wi Fi, free tea & coffee making facilities, balcony, free safe box , Television, fan, sitting corner. At bars, restaurants and all around the hotel well trained staff will give a professional service with pleasure. As the parents spend a very quiet holiday, there are plenty of activities for kids at mini club in day and night time. Every single day, we dance with kids at mini disco time. And lots of surprising activities take a place during a stay. There is an aqua park with 9 water slides and 3 pools that covers 8.000 m2. An Indoor heated pool with a water slide, 3 whirl-pools and baby pool are awaiting for holidaymakers. As we are baby-friendly resort a very well cared baby food corner will be at your baby’s service during meal times with its special chef. A wellness center will let you get out of tiredness of the year with its special packages such as relaxation, rejuvenation, Turkish bath etc. with reasonable prices. A Turkish bath (Hamam), Sauna and Fin bath are opened all a year long. Beach towels, sun beds, sun umbrellas are provided around the pool and on the beach free of charge. For the honeymooners a special package is being offered. One day breakfast in the room, one free A La carte dinner, delicious fruit & good wine, room decoration and free upgrade to Jacuzzi room up to possibility. General information about your stay in Limak Lara; A daily shuttle service (with payment) will let you make your holiday shopping in Antalya city center. Central air condition is being set up according to weather conditions. Great location for a great shopping is available within 100 meter. Friendly family atmosphere is taken a place in every place in resort. Clean sandy beach provides a playground for kids. A very tasty breakfast is available at late breakfast restaurant between 10:00- 11:00 o’clock. Housekeeping gives a daily excellent service for a clean rooms and bathroom. A great childcare for specific ages 4-12 and 13-17 up to season. Limak Hotels offer the best value for money with '' Warm Hospitality & Excellent Service '' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel Antalya
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel And Resort
- Lara Hotel
- Limak Lara Hotel
- Limak Lara Resort