Kervansaray Lara Hotel
$408
$365
Priceline
1,529 results
All reviewsbeach barwave poolanimation teama bit tiredbig hotelpool partyquiet poolkids discoguest relationsice creamtennis courtslive musicweek holidayout of seasonmini discofantastic holidayall inclusive hotel
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I would advise this resort to most people apart from people who find it hard to walk long distances as although the resort is quite beautiful it's spread out over a long distance, but it is good for people trying to lose weight. The flight is a reasonable length and flying into Antalya meant that the hotel was really close and the first drop off. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed and the receptionists were very good at their job and spoke English well, however they didn't make it clear where to get towels and the times for breakfast (we found that out easily though). The rooms were well furnished, comfortable and most importantly cool, a nice space to sleep, cool down and relax. One complaint about the room was that because there were three of us I had to sleep on a sofabed, still it had a nice view. They were kept clean and tidy throughout the stay, and a mini fridge was provide with free drinks and restocked daily. A nice part of the hotel was that on every floor and in the restaurants there was a large fridge filled with water, so no-one got dehydrated in the sun. The 4 pools were clean, peaceful and fun, the inside pool was cool and relaxing, great for proper swimming. The wave pool and slide pool were fun for all the family, and the other pool was nice. The sea was good but if you kept you're feet on the floor for long crabs came and bit you, I wasn't bitten once though. The night life wasn't great but it is good for young families as it has a fairground. The entertainment was light and easy to watch but if you stay for longer than a week, you're bound to see the same show twice. There was a wide range of different activities to do through out the day, including mini golf. The shops in the lobby were good as it was easy to get nice souvenirs without having to leave the resort, the souvenirs were quite pricey which is the down side. The bars were nice and had a good range of drinks, the food was good, even for a vegetarian, although repetitive.
Don't be put off by the modern design, the hotel has a homely feel and honestly you will be sad to leave. If you do go I have some suggestions, take lots of conditioner as you're hair turns to straw, take factor 50 sun cream and after sun for obvious reasons and take insect repellent and anti-histamine as mosquitoes love skin especially hairless skin. I hope you enjoy where ever you go.
Just a tip- the staff speak German better than English

Room Tip: The rooms higher up are hotter.
5  Thank dontmesswithblue
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at the Lara hotel from the 21/7 to 1/8. This was meant to be my last family holiday and even though I was skeptical about going at the the start, the holiday didn't disappoint.

There was a party of five, my parents who are both 50 and me my brother and sister who are 20,17 and 15 respectively.

Not the biggest variety in the world, but overall it was good. Three of our party were vegetaraian and one was Vegan and all of us were happy with the food. I would strongly advise not going for the late breakfast though as the range is limited.

Drinks and Bars

This wasn't the Hotels strongest area, they deliberately limited the drinks you could order in the day even though the drinks were available at the same bar later in the day. When the full range of drinks were available though the selection was quite good. The only exception to this is that the beer was served with no head and flat far too often.

In terms of the bars they were usually good, there were two standard pool bars which were fairly good and the beach bar which we spent a lot of time in. I would recommend it especially when they served lunch and ice cream in the afternoon. Inside the bars were again fairly standard, the best being the bar on the first floor which had a modern feel to it.

Room

The rooms were stylish with strong air conditioning which worked well which and is necessary with the high temperatures in Turkey. The only downsides were the fact that the floor wasn't that clean and that the cleaning staff turned up sporadically, which is very annoying when you want clean towels. There was also a very dirty patch behind our door which stayed dusty and dirty through our whole time there. On one occasion the cleaner took our beach towels but luckily the reception gave us new towel cards which averted a potentially awkward moment.

Entertainment

This was a very mixed bag with the Acrobats being an exceptional whereas the comedy show wasn't funny and in some cases very close to the knuckle. In one scene the lead entertainer "blacked up" his face and imitated the recently dead Whitney Houston which was in bad taste. Another major problem is that the evening shows only have a week rotation which means that if like us you were there for longer you could be left bored in the evening.

Pools and Beach

The beach was clean with ample sun beds and the added advantage on one side of the pier being shallow enough to walk in quite deep. The pools were acceptable with some slides on the main pool which added to the enjoyment. The only disappointment of the three pools is the wave pool were the waves were only on for one hour a day and weren't as strong as those in the sea. There was very little point of having waves like that IMO.

Spa

This is were the hotel was let down, both the steam room and jacuzzi were not available for the whole time we were there. The sauna was good, but I would strongly advise not going for the oil massage. It was far too tough leaving marks on by back for days afterwards.

Overall, the holiday was enjoyable and the Lara, although not faultless was an enjoyable holiday, I would recommend it but not too everyone.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

One night for a flight delay was enough in this soulless hotel compared, by our party, to a shopping centre in the aftermath of a chemical attack, . I don;t know where to start......no air con in common areas, rude staff, lighting, furmiture etc all wrong. The lighting in the bedroom was terrible ......you expect to be able to leave a dim light shining when you have a small child in the room.........the choice was a bright red landing strip down the centre of the floor or a neon glowing blue glass bathroom wall......neither conducive to sleep. Had I booked my holiday here I would have returned home on the first plane. The heat inside the lobby was unbearable...I believe it was warmer than outside. Didn't use the pool as overnighting only but it looked like a former eastern block exercise pool from the hotel room. I heard that things improve as you get nearer the beach/shoreline but I was made so miserable by this experience I didn't venture far from the one air-conditioned "containment area".

3  Thank MacShores
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our flight was delayed 34 hours so during that period we had to stop in this hotel. The reception was very rude to everybody, as soon as you went to check in they shouted "ONE PERSON HERE FAMILY GET OUT OF THE WAY OVER THERE!" to everybody. Once in the room i couldn't belive how i just went from Bara lara an amazing 5 star hotel which was spotless to a room were the shower was almost black, mold under the sheets, a red light going across the floor. Also, since only two beds were made we had to ask them if they could please make the other bed, we had to ask this four times before they botherd to make it! But that's not the best part, they actally didn't make the bed, they just got sheets then threw them onto another bed! The food was inedible, most of the people on our delayed flight had to resort to eating chips for dinner! Russell sprouts were served at every meal, including breakfast!! I couldn't belive it when i saw russell sprouts and chips at breakfast.
Most of the bars had an aweful stench. Everybody was livid that they came from a 5 star hotel to this dump! They actually served flat beers, it also didn't help that it was around a 5 minuite walk to the closest bar!! It also seemed that most of the staff trying to ignore English people as most of the guests were Russian and Serbs. You may think that this review is just me being extremely fussy, but i can assure you that is not the case. I mean, the fact that this hotel can suddenly have rooms for 300 people in the peak time speaks for itself. Everybody was livid that we was being forced to stay in this hotel, and if we had to sleep here for another night i can assure you that more arguements would've taken place.

3  Thank Kazuma977
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our flight was cancelled and we were taken to this hotel about midnight. It was a relief to have somewhere / anywhere to sleep for the night as we had 3 children.

The staff were very helpful considering that an unexpected plane load of people turned up from various hotels, some a bit tetchy.

The room was big. It had two bathrooms and showers, loads of wardrobes (that we didn't need) and full sized mirrors everywhere that made it feel even bigger.

We had food from the buffet at midnight, breakfast and lunch. All was very good. In the chilled lounge there's coffee and about 11.30 they bring a selection of cakes.

Unexpected stop and didn't use the pools etc but good.