“A perfect paradise retreat with a fantastic animation team.”

Sherwood Breezes Resort
Ranked #19 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed May 17, 2013

First time family holiday to Lara Beach and this Hotel suited our family needs as travelling with our 2 children one wheelchair bound I must say it was accessable through out, the animation team were friendly and took the time to get to know you. David, Marina, Dasha and Mustapha were helpful friendly and made our stay enjoyable and were fantastic with our children. facilities at the hotel were fantastic it was a tropical paradise and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Jimjampa
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Jim,

First we would like to thank you for choosing us for your holiday and taking your time to write such nice review after your stay. We are very happy to learn that you had a wonderful time here. Looking forward to see you soon again in Sherwood Breezes.

Kind regards.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just got back from Sherwood Breezes. We went on 9/5/13, and stayed for a week. This was our third time to Antalya, having stayed previously in Saturn Palace Resort.

The food is good. There is so much to choose from in the main restaurant. There are pastries, eggs, omelettes, fresh fruit etc. for breakfast. In the evening, at dinner, there was a grill outside where you could get grilled meat or fish and vegetables to eat. Sometimes, I went to Robin's Bar. The fried chicken there is delicious, and they also have salad, chips, pizza and burgers. In the afternoon, at 3 o'clock, there are delicious deep-fried donuts which are the best donuts I've ever tasted. The ice cream in the afternoon is also really nice.
We didn't have a sea-view room, which was slightly disappointing, but it doesn't really matter. The room itself was clean, and the mini bar was stocked up with juice, water and beer daily. There are tea and coffee facilities in the room, but you have to bring your own coffee.
There are 5 pools in total. An infinity pool, a large pool, a quiet pool, a pool with waterslides and then a kids pool. I loved the infinity pool. It was really nice up there.
The weather was amazing! So hot! Yesterday and the day before, it was 30 degrees. Make sure to put on enough sun cream. I have tanned a bit, but on the first day, I did burn.
The animation team are good. They work really hard to get you involved in all activities that are going on throughout the day. There is archery, darts, shooting, water sports and so much more. There is always something going on in the day which you can participate in.
The evening entertainment was good. On Wednesday night, there was an acrobats show, which was amazing, and really interesting to watch. I really enjoyed it.
There isn't really much that Sherwood Breezes can improve on, but there are couple of things which the hotel would be better with. I think they should get fresh juice and coffee machines in the restaurant, because it's quicker to just go and get your own juice. I also think the hotel could do with updating a bit, because it's slightly dated, but they are having a refurb, so that's already sorted.
The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport which is really handy, and you can get the bus from across the road to go to Antalya, or wherever you may want to visit. There are a few shops nearby, and a shopping centre across the road.

All in all, I've had a wonderful week at Sherwood Breezes. Thank you Sherwood!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wintertan0

Dear Guest,

Fİrst we would like to thank you for taking your time to write such decent review about us. The points you touched would be considered by our hotel managemnt. We thank you for helping us with your suggestions. Looking forward to have you as our guest again.

Most kind regards

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My partner and I recently returned from a 5 day stay here and all I can say is, next time we are staying longer. The resort goes out of it's way to accomodate guest needs (food, drinks, entertainment, sports etc.), but there were a couple of drawbacks. The Wi-Fi only works in the lobby and is slow. The entertainers were good, and you could tell they were trying but the show lacked real spectacle. It is great to take small kids before bed-time...they will probably go fast to sleep. The food was very plentiful, there is always an open bar and the maid/ mini-bar service were great. The resort is in a great location to shopping and only about 20 minutes from the airport. Overall, this was a great trip and I look forward to returning...for at least 7 days :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael L
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Michael,

First we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday. Also we would ike to thank you for taking your time to write a comment. Looking forward to see you soon here at Breezes.

Most kind regards.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at Sherwood Breezes arriving on 30th April. There was a group of us and my 3 year old daughter. This hotel was surrounded by lovely gardens and the pools were great! We spent quite a bit of time on the beach too, as this was really nice. The hotel and food preparation areas were very clean. Things were only just opening when we arrived, so I would pick a bit later in the season if we were to return to have the full benefits of the hotel and entertainment. The only negative was the service from the bar staff and in the restaurant in regards to tables being set etc. However the Animation Team sure made up for this, as they were brilliant at making you feel involved so friendly and happy, which was a refreshing change from the bar staff. I would like to say a special thank you to Kenan he was brilliant with my daughter Olivia she loved him and was always pleased to see him. A big thank you to Julia and Anastasia they were great too. You could not fault the kids club one bit, as it was near the kids pool and you could be with your child as much as you like. Mini disco was a really big hit too we enjoyed it every night.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank mwdw44

Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for writing such decent review about us. The points you mentioned would be carefully analized by our hotel managment. We will also pass on your thankx. Hope to see you as soon as possible in Sherwood.

Best wishes.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just back from a two week stay at the Sherwood breeze resort and yes it was wonderful. We travelled on 28/4/13 and on arrival we were put in a non Sea view room. This would have been fine but the air-con in the hotel and surrounding hotels does not come on until 6/5/13. With a three year old and 6 month old baby and the sun rising in our room the heat was unbearable. They moved us with no extra cost the following day :) When we arrived the hotel was a little bit of a shell as it was not holiday season just yet but within a few days it totally came to life with new things opening constantly. It really made a huge difference and I heard it gets better as the season goes on.
For the English thinking of going...Yes the hotel is heavily German and Dutch populated but again I think this changes. On arrival we were the sole English speaking there but again within a week that had changed. The Dutch are always lovely but without a doubt the Germans were rude and would litterily push in front of you at the bar or getting food. You do have to become a little rude yourself at times and ask them as I did "Can you actually see me"
Staff wise the hotel has some big issues. Well when I say staff I mean the bar staff. They were nothing but rude rude rude (all expect one lovely girl in the pastisserie). The are all men and very very rude men. I am very polite but it was only met with arrogance and dirty looks. One young guy called eyup was particularly bad unless you were a young pretty 16 year old German girl he looked at you and treated you like filth.
But...what can I say about the kids club but a huge thank you. Kenan the wonderful Kenan who works tirelessly to entertain your children. Also Anastasia and Julia. I have never sent my daughter to a kids club but this one was unlike others I had seen and was all outdoors beside the kids pool so you could see and join in with you child as much or as little as you liked. They are feet from you so at no point do you feel seperated from them. Lexi is 3years old and usually shy but Kenan took her under his wing and was amazing with her and all the kids. They really did make our holiday so much more enjoyable..Thank you guys.
Also the entertainment staff in general, again including Kenan (this guy never stops working) were fantastic. From Tito, water water aerobics lady, dance lessons, show time staff, Archery guy..The entertainment staff were fantastic.
Overall the holiday was fantastic, great food (main restaurant was fab and the Italian), great weather, the kids loved it as did we, very clean.. When the English arrived we met some fantastic people but everyone had the same complaint and that was the bar staff. They seriously let the hotel down and without a doubt it seemed like they simply had an issue with the English speaking visitors. And the lifts are a pain in the bum! Only three and a secret lift for lots and lots of people.
Thank you for a great trip.

Room Tip: Pay for sea view or at least ask for it on arrival. Also keep in mind no air con until 6th or 8th of...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ODORNAN

Dear Family Odornan,

First we would like to thank you for taking your time to write such nice detailed review about Sherwood Breezes.
We want you to know that we appreciate your opinion no matter if it positive or negative and our management will seriously approuch the points you have touched.
Looking forward to see you again at Breezes.

Kind regards.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The title is especially for Super David Silva of the Animation Team. I will start with the Animation Team as I have already mentioned David. When reading other reviews that have mentioned this group of extraordinary people, I have assumed and no doubt many others have made this same assumption - 'what a quaint name for the entertainment team. Wrong! The title 'Animation Team' is a perfect description of what they are. They not only entertain all the guests, they encourage the guests to participate in almost everything and most of the guests really enjoy taking part in the activities. My archery skills were honed to perfection (well as good as I will ever be) due to expert tuition mainly from Serhat (Sammy to those visiting in the summer) and occassionally Boyka. I could carry on name dropping but I would probably miss someone really important, I actually thought Julia was a fellow guest that was really enjoying her holiday which just goes to show how much effort the staff put in to making you really feel you have had a brilliant holiday (Julia is one of the team in the kids club and we did not have kids with us so we really only interacted with her when she was not in the kids club area). A fellow guest who was there around the same time as us (Haydn_Forisz of Pontypridd) has mentioned a lot of the people who regularly interact with the guests and I certainly agree with his sentiments on their superb qualities and extend my admiration for the effort the entire hotel staff put in to make sure it is a time that will be remembered for all the right reasons. The people behind the scenes ensured the entire resort ran smoothly. The maids ensured the rooms were cleaned each day, the linen was changed and the occassional display of 'Towel Art' to put a smile on your face when you returned to your room. The front desk - total professionalism with many of the staff being multi- lingual! British guests, please consider how many languages you can speak yourself before complaining about the fact that English is not one of the 5 languages spoken by the first person you engage with on the front desk. Once they realise you are speaking english they will get the staff member who speaks english to deal ith your requests. The kitchen staff, you may spot them now and again but most of the time they are out of sight ensuring there is a constant flow of fresh food. If a serving spoon falls to the floor a replacement is there within seconds and any mess is cleared up and dirty spoon off to the pot wash without delay. The entire operation set to ensure the guests have the opportunity to sample a vast selection foods including a good selection of Turkish food. In the various bars, lounges and other drinks areas the bar staff and waiters/waitresses are quick to pick up on your drinking habits and seem to have the ability of providing a coffee or some other drink that you were thinking of getting for yourself. I could actually rattle on a lot longer on the plus points for this hotel as there are so many, but I really need to finish off. My only negative point was the wifi, it was only really available in the reception area which was a bit of an inconvenience but not really a show stopper. We really enjoyed our holiday, best all inclusive holiday we have ever had and we intend to visit again some time. Finally a big THANK YOU to ALL the staff at Sherwood Breezes for making our holiday so enjoyable. Visited from 6th to 20th April 2013. Kay & Ged (JEDI)

Room Tip: the higher up you are the better the view, in season you are best booking a sea view when you book t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Ged M
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Kay & Ged,

At first we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a nice comment about our Hotel. We would be very happy to see you soon with us again.

Best regards .

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Sherwood Breezes is absolutely amazing. I stayed 28th April-5th May so still end of winter season when got there but everything in full swing by the end of the week. Would have liked to be there for longer when everything was open and moved outside but didnt spoil our holiday one bit. I have booked to go back on May 3rd next year so all evening entertainment should be outside by then and also pool bar and sunset bar will be open in the evening aswel as in the daytime. Cant see me holidaying anywhere but Sherwood Breezes for the next few years!! It is fantasic and has everything you possibly need so why go elsewhere!! First class Sherwood!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Luleepants1

Dear Guest

First we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and for taking your time to write this nice detailed review about Sheerwood Breezes.
It is great pleasure to learn that you had a comfortable stay and we are looking forward to see you soon here.

Best regards.