“Great hotel, will definitely return!”

Sherwood Breezes Resort
Ranked #19 of 228 Hotels in Antalya
Liverpool
“Great hotel, will definitely return!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We've just returned from a week at the Sherwood Breezes and would thoroughly recommend it. We're a family of 6, myself, partner, mum and 3 children aged 11, 12 & 14.

The hotel was lovely, rooms were large, double bed, single bed and a single chair/put u up. The rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. As others have said, mini-bar is stocked daily and towels and room cleaned are also cleaned on a daily basis.

The food is lovely and plentiful, I’ve honestly never stayed in a hotel whereby food really is 24/7 (well maybe an hour off 24/7!). Breakfast starts at 6.30 until 11.30, lunch 12.30 – 2.30 in the main area restaurant with another 2 café’s serving food from 2.30 – 5pm and also various food stations dotted around the pool areas. From 7pm the main restaurant opens and serves food until approx 10.30 and then re-opens again at 12.00 – 05.30! I cannot fault the food whatsoever, there is so much to eat and another bonus is the patisserie which serves cakes, pastries and unlimited ice-cream until 7pm and when you have children that’s a godsend!

The drinks, Tuborg beer and wine, sparkling, white, red or rose are perfectly acceptable, OK they may not be top quality wines but they’re certainly not firewater either. Cocktails, hmmm I think can be improved upon but that was my only gripe.

Swimming pools, sunbeds and gardens are beautiful, 2 water slide pools, 2 relax pools, 1 toddler pool and a huge main pool and what was also great was that people weren’t all on top of you and it didn’t feel overcrowded. We had a sneaky peek at the Delphin Palace and whilst this hotel was certainly more “grand” I thought the pool area at the Sherwood was much better and more spaced out. The Delphin felt too overcrowded with sunbeds being 3 or 4 deep.

The entertainment in the evening could be a little “samey” but I didn’t expect anything different from an all inclusive hotel, as this is often the case – it must be difficult to cater for some many different nationalities and people of differing ages but they do try their best and they work so hard.

So basically the Sherwood Breezes get’s a MASSIVE thumbs up for us and we will definitely return. :)

5 Thank LisaS1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
tayside
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here as did my parents for 2 weeks in May 2010 and found the hotel a great place to stay the food, entertainment, staff, and rooms were all exellent and we felt the staff (even the girls at guest relations) could not have been nicer. At The start of our stay we were asked to move to a family room for one night (this was at the end of the of the volccano fiasco) and were told we would get a sea view room and a free massage and face treatment each as compensation. They were as good as their word. There is not alot to do in the immedeate area but the local busses were frequent and cheap. I would go back in a heart beat .

1 Thank toplayer
southampton, england
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Agree totally with the BARCLAYBOY review we could fault nothing. We stayed last year at Kervanseray kundu at lara beach we thought that was the best till we came to this hotel. There were plenty of shops if you went out of the hotel and went left and further you walked along the more shops there were there was also several places where you could book trips. There was a shuttle bus from the hotel which took you to Antalya or the market. There was also a bus outside hotel that went to Antalya.
There was always plenty of sunbeds and parasols around you could go to the pool at 10am and still find plenty. Its suitable for all ages our family aged from 12 - 71 and we all had fun we are planning on bringing more of the family back next year.

6 Thank hanmarlyn
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Have just returned from sherwood breeze with a family of 2 kids aged 5 and 8 and my parents. we booked this over 1 yr ago 2 separate rooms on arrival got told no more rooms and had to share a double room which slept 4 and their was 6 of us not impressed, we got sorted the next day and the rest of the holiday you couldnt fault food was lovely me being a vegetarian their was loads i could eat, plently of drinks trolleys and fruit trolleys came round pool at various times, if you havent got a sun lounger by 9am you dont stand a chance their were millions of reserved at this time and were never used till much later on, which is very rude, animation team worked really hard thro day and night, went a bit flat after 10.30pm when shows finished and if you drink in the tower lounge bar all the lights were turned off at 12.30am, so culdnt hardly see what you were drinking which seemed a bit strange. overall brilliant resort for all ages

Room Tip: try get one on lower floor lifts are a nightmare
1 Thank clairebradshaw73
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is only a short review as most of the other reviews go into detail and are very accurate. This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, clean, good food, friendly staff, well kept gardens..........................beautiful. The only problem I had was there was nothing outside of it, I know when you go all inclusive it generally means you do all your eating and drinking in the hotel but Lara was a very poor as a resort nothing at all there only a strip of about 10 hotels.

5 Thank Angelafenwick
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This was the first time we came to Turkey and we were absolutely blown away. We booked Sherwood Breezes on the reccomendation of the First Chioce travel agent as they were offering a free child place. After booking I read the reviews on trip advisor and started to worry as most were unfavourable towards the Resort. I now can say that they must have visited a different resort as we had none of these issues. We arrived at resort to a warm welcome, we were given a room on the 6th floor which was lovely, the room safe was free and the mini bar stocked with juices, pepsi, fanta, water and beer, which was restocked daily.
The bathroom was good it had a shower screen that covered the length of the bath so no wet puddles on the floor after showering. The bathroom also had lux showergel by the bath and dove handwash by the basin, there is also a hairdryer in the bathroom... I did not expect it to be very powerful but it was. Our room was a good size with a double bed, a single bed and a pull out sofa bed, it was not over crowded like some other places we have stayed were it feels like the extra bed has been dumped wherever it would fit! The balcony is a fair size... not the biggest we have had but to be honest we spent very little time on the balcony so was never an issue for us. The resort is stunning, lovely grass areas with pretty flowers really brightened the place up... compared to the Royal wings next door the Gardens here are much prettier. The swimming pools were lovel and there were so many to choose from you never felt overcrowded and there was plenty of sunbeds and parasols available too!! We took our own beach towels but we also had cards to exchange for clean beach towels daily, these were a good size too as I was expecting tiny things!! We tended to sit by the pool with the larger slides and found the this was where most of the English people with children sat. This pool was 1.2m deep which was fine for our son to swim in. There is a smaller pool with slides for younger children which was 80cm deep. The deepest pool was 1.4m deep... what I liked best was the fact they were the same depth the whole way across so you felt safe that you were not going to slip under the water as the floor disappeared under your feet. There is also a toddlers pool near the kids club which I think was 30cm deep. The beach is lovely too with plenty of sunbeds and shades.. the only thing I didn't like was that as you entered the sea there is a small area of shale which was rather sharp beneath your feet but that soon disappeared as you got past the breaking waves. The pier is lovely again with beds and parasols there too. There is watersports available on the beach, the pedalos and canoes are free but they do expect you to put a little something in the tip box. The jet skis started at 45 euros for 15 mins, the parasailing was 45 euros or for a tandem it was 55 euros, the banana boat was 8 euros. Now on to the food...... Oh my god there was so much and I think it only worked out that there was 1 hour in 24 were you could not get food. The breakfast was okay but obviously no pork products so no sausages and bacon. At lunch time there is 2 snack restaurants to choose from and also the main restaurant is open. The snack bars have salads, burgerrs, pizzas, chicken strips, doner chicken, spag bol and loads more to choose from. In between all this there is the gozleme hut, the jacket potato hut, the waffle stand, the sandwich stands and the pattiserie and thats all before you get to 7pm when the main restaurant opens, which had so much lovely food to choose from. The entertainment team were very friendly and if you wanted to join in there was always something to do. They worked extremely hard especially Ucha, Idris and Mali. The evening shows were okay if you like to have a laugh and are prepared to join in. They also have nights such as turkish dancers, samba dancing and a magic act. Also there is live music or a beach party/disco after the show has finished at 10.30pm. The waiters and bar staff were very good and started to remember our drinks by the 2nd night!! The drinks are ok but as a malibu drinker I was disappointed as there was nothing close to it but I had great fun in trying the cocktails until I found one I liked. Overall we had an amazing 2 weeks and we are booking up to go back next year!!! The only thing that we would love to see improved would be the lifts as at peak times it was a nightmare trying to get one to stop at our floor... however we did find that if we were on the -1 floor run up to 0 and press the button and it would come to us first and go straight to floor six!!! Sorry I have waffled but I like to give a fair reveiw and not just say oh its rubbish or oh its good as that doesn't help anyone to decide if this resort is right for you.

Room Tip: Learn a few turkish phrases the staff will love it
13 Thank MrandMrsBarclayboy
Calgary
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We were one of three families to arrive at this hotel - on arrival we had asked for a more spacious room due to being a couple and a mother. They offered a interconnecting room but at an extra cost, wouldnt offer any discount on this considering there was three travel agents in the party and the money we'd laid out to stay here well over £4000 for 7 nights! The Receptionist was very rude and really didnt want to help in anyway. We found this certain one on Reception rude all the way through the holiday!

Arrival to the upgraded room we paid full price for - Electric wasnt working, shower heads blocked with scale, Room Dirty! - As you can imagine I wasnt impressed, after paying and extra amount i atleast expect a clean working room! This took several days to be fixed, wasnt offered a different room either.

Food - Pretty much the same everyday/night - Always found something to eat, just felt very repetitive, and struggled alot to find a table.

Pool Areas - Really pretty, Could always find a bed if you went early morning. With there being 9 of us in total we had to find a few beds about 830-9am.

Snacks - Really good, ice cream, cakes, flat bread, jacket potatoes, and bbq, not to mention the actually snack bar - all fantastic - could not fault this!

Animation team - Really work hard, never seem to have a day off! Theres always something going on to entertain you, Kids club looked really well organised too!
Evening Entertainment, Seemed to be pretty good, one night we had a magic show, first guy was excellent, mr brown the second guy was awful - Shame!

Photographers - We had a few professional pics done as a family, little bit un organised when we came to view the pics, only a few were ready to look at and by this time it was 11pm, we stayed and hour but still no others were ready and the children we had with us could not possible stay up any later, so we then agreed to try again the next day. Pictures are fantastic well worth the 7 Euros (Had a small problem when collecting pics, they didnt believe we'd paid for one lot which put a downer on the service, wanted to try and charge us double so just be wary)

A La Carte Restaurant, very nice designed, food was tasteful - I didnt like my main and they offered to fetch me something from the buffet upstairs which was very kind but i declined as the started had done a good job on filling me up! They got the kids sorted by collecting them what they wanted of the buffet from upstair - ala carte menu doesnt cater for kids. (Italian)

Overall I was disappointed with this hotel, I would certainly not say this was a 5*...

I took a walk down to a few of the neighbouring hotels and found them to be so clean, very well kept and service throughout seemed fantastic (Lair Bala being one, my partner had family staying there and it looked beautiful and new, drinks, ice cream, fresh food, pizza made to order)

I am a travel agent and will note to my clients that unless you get this hotel for roughy £350 a week i wouldnt really entertain going. Its really not worth what we paid.

3 Thank TravelAgent_Emma