“all inclusive but much much more”

Concorde De Luxe Resort
Ranked #20 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We were wowed by the Concorde's website and were not disappointed. We have stayed at various all inclusisve hotels before, use to waiting in queues for watered down drink in plastic glasses. None of that here, you get waitered service in many areas , including around the pools.
There are several bar areas, main resturant and 6 ala carte's, which can be abit difficult to get into. You have to ring a special number between 10-11am, on a first come, first serve basis, so we managed to get into all bar the italian in our first week, when there were only 4 of us, but when the rest of the family joined we only manged to get the 12 of us into the Turkish . The food is excellent and there is something for everyone.
There is a coffee bar, cafe Mundo, which has glorious cakes and gateaux which you can enjoy with a great coffee. At night we use to get a hot chocolate with cream or a concorde conffe (baileys and coffee liquour to take to bed, fab still missing them.
There is a bowling alley at the Strikes bar, you do have to pay for several of the amusements in this area, including bowling (pool free) which is 5 euro per person, charged to your room. Mustaf the bar man is extremely cheeky but great fun and he wished us a happy life when we left.
The pools were great and really relaxed around the sileet pool and the 3 giant jacuzzi's. The beds around the silent pool are on decking and and matresses and pillows, with the covers changes daily. The Childrens pool is away from the main pool but is surrounded by fence, so the parents can relax more in that area, my granchildren had a great time and really enjoyed the kids club.
The staff are great and extremely friendly and not because they are wanting their tip at the end of your stay. The evening entertainment was the best we have seen anywhere, with professional dance troupes, acrobats and magicians which rotate every 14 days. Don't be put off by the Mr, Mrs Concorde and guest show, these are extremely funny, especially if the contestants are game for a laugh, as 2 of my daughters were. When my 2 daughters say as part of the Mrs Concorde show they blew the audience away, with the entertainment manager asking my youngest if she wanted a contract for the rest of the season!! All in all a truely wonderful hotel and beach location, with some bars and many quite expensive shops close by.
If I had any grips they would be that the photgraphers are around all the time and don't take no for an answer, the photo's are 8 euro each or 9 euro on a disk which can work out quite expensive. They took many of us but we only purhcased around 6 in total but they didn't seem to care. Also it would have been nice to have coffee and tea facilities in the room as well as the minibar. Also as our arrival and flights were on a Thursday we missed the Gala night fireworks, but they are over 1 of the hotels most nigths, although tend to last less that a minute.
Hope this has been of help to you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheebee16
Write a ReviewReviews (1,940)

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Booked this holiday as a last minute and could not fault it. The staff was fantastic cleaners,maids waiters,barstaff was all great.We could not fault anything, granted the food was a bit repetitive but what do you expect when u are cooking for hundreds of people.It was always hot and fresh.We went on holiday with are 4 kids who had a fabulous time,the entertainments team was fantastic day or night.Our rooms were cleaned daily by maids that was great,i left money phones etc in my room and all they done was put them in one place tidy.The pools was all great cleaned every day,if you wanted to join in the games you could,if you didnt you was left alone.We also booked the beach huts which are only meant for 4, but they still gave us everything that they offered for 6 and didnt ask for no more money.The shop opposite sells everything you could want and the staff there are excellent will take the clothes up if needed no problem.If you want a 5* holiday i would definitly recommend this hotel,everything about it is well worth the money.Th e weather was great in october in the 30s every day,Take no notice of the bad reviews they must just like moaning.Beware thou the airport is very expensive!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I was astonished when I came home from a holiday at this hotel and read a bad review on tripadvisor. I cannot find fault with The Concorde at all. Before I booked this holiday I read all the reviews on here and now that I have returned home, I thought I would write one myself. I travelled to Turkey with my partner on 31st August 2010 for a 2 week stay. We are both in our early 40's and wanted a couple of weeks of pure relaxation - that is exactly what we got. It was a fantastic holiday and we would love to return.

Rooms - Room was perfectly adequate and modern and exceptionally clean, with a great view from the balcony of the pool area. There is loads of storage space for clothes, shoes etc and a safe. TV was also fine with English channels but we didn't watch much TV with all this hotel had to offer. The minibar is stocked daily and has enough, if you wanted a bit extra in your minibar I'm sure the minibar man would oblige as he was a really lovely guy. The maid was fab and made our bedding into wonderful shapes on numerous ocassions as well as sprinkling the bed with lovely flowers. Bedding and towels changed daily if wanted. The bathroom was also lovely and clean - my only slight worry here was that the side of the bath was rather deep and I had to be quite careful climbing in and out to have a shower as it was a deep step for a short person like me. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom which is great. I was concerned about not taking my own hairdryer as I have thick hair which can take ages to dry but this little hairdryer was perfectly adequate and dried my hair in no time at all. Shower was also great and powerful and there was a nice range of toiletries if needed.

Meals - Food was plentiful and varied. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all available in the Buffet Restaurant with loads of choices. I don't care what some grumbling people have said on here, there is no way that you would not be able to find something you liked to eat with all the choices on offer. Always 2 kinds of soup and a good choice from plain old rice or chips (for the fussy people) to all sorts of chicken, pork, fish dishes, rice dishes, salads, Turkish dishes etc. There were theme nights most nights with Turkish, Mexican, Italian etc foods on offer. There are also 6 a la carte restaurants (Turkish, Barbecue, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse and Asian) We tried the Steakhouse and Asian which were both a real treat - truly lovely food cooked beautifully. We also tried the Italian but didn't enjoy the food here as much although I think that was just our personal taste as other people seemed to love it and the setting was beautiful.

The Snack Bar Terrace also serves food through the day and this is nice for strolling over to and having a burger or pizza etc. The Hotel asks that gentlemen wear long trousers and closed shoes in the restaurants for the evening meal and I think this is a really nice idea as it is nice to dress up a bit for dinner when you are on holiday. My partner always followed this request and then changed back into his shorts and sandals after dinner. Other gentlemen however, chose to ignore this request which was a shame. I think the hotel should enforce this a bit more as it seems rude to me not to adhere to their requests when they are simply trying to create a special atmosphere.

Public Areas - All areas of the hotel are spotlessly clean and really comfortable and uncrowded. There is a lovely cafe in the lobby for a coffee and a read of the paper. There are also books there which was really handy as I read both the books I took on holiday with me and so was able to get another one to read from the cafe as they had a good selection in all languages . I left my two there to replace the one I took. The lobby bar is lovely, spacious and comfortable and the Spa is glorious. We did not use the Spa but went for a look around and it was gorgeous with plenty of treatments on offer. They do tend to hassle you a bit to book something but a polite 'no' seemed to suffice eventually. There is a small shop which sells the basics but it is pricey and you are better to go to the local shops across the road for a better bargain - although be prepared to be hassled for a sale there as well.

Pools and Beach - There are 2 pools which are both fantastic, loads of sunbeds and nice shaded areas as well as umbrellas. People do go and book sunbeds early but we usually managed to find a couple even when we didn't go out till about lunchtime. There were one or two days however when there were none to be had and some people (all nationalities) were rather selfish and tended to lay their towels on the beds so you can' t use them but they didn't eithere as they sat at the bar the whole day. One of the pools is an adult only pool and again there are notices round the pool asking people not to enter if under the age of 16. This is also sadly ignored by those ignorant people who take their children into the pool despite the hotels requests. I think the hotel should enforce their rules as the other pool is huge and has ample room for the children. Although there were no obnoxious children during our stay, it would be nice to have a bit of child free heaven. There is a pool bar and the service is great round the pool - always someone cleaning and bringing you drinks and cold flannels.

The beach is also great with plenty of sunbeds and a beach bar although the sand gets really hot so you have to run to the sea. There is a pier which you can also sunbathe on and it also hosts pier parties at night. Various watersports run from the beach such as paragliding, pedaloes, scuba diving, speedboads etc - loads to do.

Entertainment - This was the highlight of the holiday for us. The Entertainment team are true stars of the hotel. They all work really hard through the day doing all sorts of activities such as darts (which my partner who is darts mad happily won), air gun, aerobics, tennis, football etc and then they do it all again at night, getting people to join in with the dancing and singing or whatever is going on after the nightly show. Nightly entertainment starts at 9pm with mini-disco which is great. Even though we had no children with us it is very entertaining watching them sing and dance to various songs in various languages and I couldn't help joining in. There is then an hour long show and these were all truly professional and great from street dance acts to wonderful acrobats and magicians with the odd guest show thrown in for a laugh. Riyad the Entertainment team boss is charismatic, gorgeous and a real star - loved the entertainment.

My only real gripe about this holiday if I had to have one is that you do not know if you can get a late check out room until the morning of the day you are leaving. We had a night flight and did not get a late check out (very few people seemed to get one - British people anyway) this made for a very long last day as we had to leave our room by noon and hang around the hotel in the stifling heat until 10.30pm at night. I wish the hotel would guarantee late check out as it is the only thing that really spoilt our holiday.

I know this review has been long winded but I hope I've covered all points. If you are thinking of going to this hotel then go - it is a great place with great staff who cannot do enough for you and fab entertainment and food. You will have a great time I guarantee it. Enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JaneLizzy29
Reviewed September 20, 2010

what a truly fabulous holiday from the moment we arrived. We traveled on aug 24-sept 7.We were given a private taxi transfere from the airport as my family were the only party from our Cardiff flight to the concorde hotel. On arrival at 2am in the morning check in was very speedy within 15 mins the bell boy had delivered our cases and we were having a well deserved cold beer from the mini bar. We were given room 4030 which was 3rd room from the front on right hand side overlooking the main pool and we had fantastic sea views! However some guests were complaining that they had rooms at back of hotel overlooking the main road which was very unpleasent as they could smell sewerage at times and had problems with noise from lorry's delivering food and beveredges for the adjecent hotel.
I suppose it's the same with all hotels you will get one side that's better than the other.
We are a family of non smokers and our room stank of stale smoke when we first arrived but the following day I lefft the balcony doors open to air the room and this seemed to cure the problem, apparently u can request a non smoking room before you travel if it should bother you.
We were very surprised at the high standards of entertainment on most evenings including Kenyan acrobatics, Chinese acrobatics, dance shows, however we couldn't fully escape the naff bits like mr and mrs Concorde. My daughter who's 6 had lots of fun and she loved the kids club, they did face painting, coulouring musical chairs, darts you name it they were entertained all day long and very professional.
I had x2 50 mins massages at the spa for €100 yes it slightly on the expensive side but I bartered and got it far cheaper than advertised and it was better than fab it was amazing better than what I've experienced at home.
The beach huts are also a must if you want a bit of pampering we loved them so much we hired them a few times. You book these through guest relations for€30 a day from 9am-6pm and on the hour every hour they will bring one of the following, iced cold flannells, ice cream, cakes, fruit, teas and of course the bar man will come often to replenish you're beers withought having to move- pure luxury!
The pools were cleaned regularily and were spotless we did have to get up at crack of dawn during first week to reserve our sunbeds or we wouldn't get one, but second week most of the Germans left and was replaced by more Brits who couldn't be bothered to get up that early
which was great! The kids slides were great fun! More adults than kids used them me being one! And the lifeguard on duty ensured there were no unruly goings on.
The a-lacarte reservings were farcical but if you've read all other reviews like I did before I went I didn't expect any different. We managed to get into all but stakehouse as no children allowed at least the once which was fine for us, however we only managed to book the Italian and Asian by having a quiet word with the guestrelations girls as they were always fully booked by the time we got through, so there is always that option to try if you're having problems.
The food In all restaurants were brill, and what I enjoyed about this hotel was there was plain food on offer at all times like plain chicken, lamb etc for the fussy eaters especially if you don't like the sauces they're usually drowned in in all inclusive hols.
There is a pier party most night with fab laser shows directed onto the hotel and the sky above also brilliant fireworks displays not only from our hotel but all along the beach front most nights they must spend a small fortune.
Avoid shop very expensive, sun newspaper cost £8
My daughter has a nasty reaction from the henna tatoo done at the hotel she's under the doctors eye at the moment so be carefull.
Drinks- if you want international branded drinks you must ask for them as they do have them but ofcourse they don't shout it out , I had fun trying all the cocktails Mmmm. We had no problems with the ice as we were told it was from bottled water,
Do not leave half empty bottles of juice in mini bar otherwise they will not replenish that item with a full one but You got 1ltr bottle of coke, 2 small cartons of orange juice, 2 small cartons of sour cherry juice, lrg bottle of water and 3 Cans of local beer.
Lara itself there is not much to do no real tacky shops that us women like to barter in so the fellas were loving that, no tavernas or restaurants incase you wanted a change of scenery
only lrg expensive shopping malls with guards at the enterances.
However I had a fantastic, totally chilled holiday, drank and ate
loads and whoever visits this hotel is in for an absolute treat.
Hope my review was helpfull if not
Sorry if I bored you! :-)

Well I must say we had a fantastic holiday hope the above helped and we would love to go back again

• Stayed: August 2010
3  Thank caradr
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Our first time in Turkey ! And we ended up at the best hotel in Turkey, We think ! Where do u start ! The lovely marble reception looks fantastic ! 95% of rooms have sea view. Our room was very clean and good size with a well stocked fridge and fruit bowl ! The hotel grounds were fantastic and kept so clean . The pools are really clean. There are 4 pools, one adult with jacuzzi ,a main pool , kids pool and pool with slides . When we went the main pool was hot so the hotel had a lorry brought in with 6 ft blocks of ice to put in the pool to cool it down,, worked well what a great idea !!! There are loads of sunbeds didnt matter what time of the day u could always get one ! Anamation team worked so hard and are a credit to the hotel . We were All Inclusive and it was worth every penny ! The food in the buffet was excellent u would be happy to eat in there for 2 weeks . There are also 6 a la carte restaurants all lovely but u have ring at 10am and keep on the redial button to get through - bit of a pain ,,,,, But the food is worth it ! And after dinner the evening entertainment was good ! What a Great Holiday !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DarrenAndMaria
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Just returned from the Concorde after 2 weeks & can honestly say the hotel is lovely but the most important thing about the hotel are the staff who I could't fault, my 7 year old daughter doesn't go to kids club but on week 2 she decided to give it a go & she loved it, we requested a room change because I like to sit on my balcony while my other half has a siesta & our original room overlooked the generators from the next hotel didn't affect the nice view but in the afternoon the noise was too much for me & we were moved he next day without any fuss, I got bitten on my finger by a mossie & couldn't get my ring off after 3 days it reached crisis where I thought I would need a hospital, I went out of the hotel because you are led to believe that the hotel shops are excessive got no joy so went into the hotel jewelers who not only got my ring off, looked after me while the tool needed was brought in they didn't charge me a lira so don't believe all you hear in yur welcome meeting. the al a carte restaurants are all great & are all included in the all inclusive unike a lot of the other hotels where they are charged at 10-15 euro per person - my favourites being in this order Asian, Italian & fish my daughter loved the barbecue prob because she felt really grown up being able to help cook the food, be patient when trying to book the ala a cartes they are worth going - guest relations are really good at this hotel we ended up on a waiting list for the barbie & they rang us later that day, it normally took me about 10 mins to get through & it really is the fairest system as everyone gets to go because the system can't get abused its computer generated. I have stayed in the Delphin Palace previoulsy & can honestly say the only thing I thought was better was the beach pier because its more useable at the Delphin but at double the cost to stay its not an issue. we hired a cabana on the beach for 30 euro & would recommend it to everyone they bring fruit, frozen flannels to cool you off, drinks cake ice cream we really enjoyed it, the entertainment is mostly dance but is professional & different every night. Oh nearley forgot don't forget the Strike bowing as they have 2 pool tables which are free a bowling alley 2 lane, air hockey a driving game & a mad but lovely barman - all in all this is a quality hotel where the staff make all the difference even the cleaner hugged & kissed you - would definately return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank mandy1312
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We went to the Concorde hotel for two weeks and didn't want to leave. When we first arrived we were greeted by welcoming staff. Our bags were taken to our rooms quickly and the room was a great size. The pool was lovely and warm and so big. Which was good as it never became crowded and felt like you had your own free space. Service was exceptional. The only thing which could be improved is the pool area. It is extremely sloppy especially by the pool bar. The restaurants were lovely and the buffet food was different for the two weeks. The shows were amazing and professional!The beach was sandy and the see was actually very warm. I really enjoyed this holiday and would love to visit again. If your thinking about going here I would definitely consider it.

• Stayed: August 2010