Concorde De Luxe Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,104 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsle buffetlara beachturkeyanimation teamda vincilobby barguest relationsmain poolsea viewjunior suiteice creamevening entertainmentwinter seasongreat holidaykids clubthe main buffet restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I'll keep this short...
The holiday was excellent. hotel, staff, food, drink, sunbeds, pool, cleanliness, rooms everything brilliant. Strange window between the shower and the bed though!

Check out as many Al A Carte restaurants as possible. We did the Turkish, Asian, Italian and Steak in a 7 night stay. Even without these, bufet was brilliant. So much choice.

I could go off and write a huge long review but lot's of people already have. They're not lying. This is a great hotel.

Quite a few germans but was actually quite nice to have quiet germans around rather than "brits abroad!".

Slight exceptions:
They claim the spa is one of the best in europe. It's not. My massage was weak and my girlfriends pedicure left her with an ingrown toenail.

Evening entertainment at the ampitheatre... Don't waste your time. It was truley horrific.

Watersports were a bit naff. They advertise Wakeboarding. I Wakeboard and i wouldn't touch their facilities with a barge pole... Too much risk of injury.

Don't go with Thomas Cook. Their involvement was shocking in so many ways. I think First Choice go here as well.

1  Thank DavesTonalSuck
Reviewed November 3, 2008

In a nutshell - we stayed here for a week and it just wasn't quite long enough - it was a fantastic week.

We had an excellent time. Not without its niggles so apologies for a longish review while I try to share our experience [warts and all with bad points first but note summary above]:

-driver was waiting at airport at 0330 to greet us/collect luggage and transfer: all nice and smooth. We got there before anyone else on our flight and just after a seemingly mad rush of the Thompson-flight passengers checking in [the last few grumbled about how slow it all was].

-we had been upgraded [without comment] to a Junior Suite from our Family Duplex. Room was a nice size BUT we didn't have a sea view. We were asked if we could please tolerate [!] the Suite for 1more day and they would sort it for Tuesday. They had given us a suite as they thought the kids would appreciate it more than the stairs.
Tuesday we were shown a Family Duplex in the top floor with stunning view of the Hotel/sea/Mountains [see pix]. Within 5 mins porter had transferred our luggage.
Little comment here for the Hotes4U Rep who came to visit us on Monday to see that we had settled in okay and also took upi the sea-view request on our behalf [it was never a guarantee and we had not paid any extra for it].

-I was impressed by the fact that it didnt matter who you spoke to at the Front Desk, they all passed messages on and honoured each others' promises. As one of them said to us: 'it is not "they or he" but "we".' They knew our names, and our kids names and always greeted us by name if we bumped into any of them elswhere in the hotel.

Okay some relative nagatives:
-Asiana Restaurant. Finally got a booking for this place on our last "official" night [Saturday]. Went in 1945. The starters we got were nice but they forgot my daughter's and we waited so long we didnt want to risk waiting any longer for them to make it. As it is mains were served at 2130!! Kids had fallen asleep tired and hungry by this time and even the Buffet Hall was now closed. When it finally arrived all 4 dishes were not nice at all. Our experience is contrary to all raves about this place below.

-Pools:
Water was a few degrees too cold. Might be fine for August but in October it was too chilly and kids shivered after any length of time in the pools. Sea temp was LOVELY.
Apart from the single ankle-deep kiddie pool in the Kids' club all the others were too deep for children to wade in and the water slides were too fast for young kids. We improvised by using one of the jacuzzi-section of one of the pools [jets were off] so they had some fun.

-On that theme: the Kids' Club was very well run but it would have been nice for more attention to fun for kids in the pools [maybe a slide that was not so fast]

-Air Con in the rooms was not very effective. We took to sleeping with the French Window open onto the balcony and the Sea Breeze did a much better job. Wasn't faulty - just wasn't up to much.

-MiniBar: as commented below it was very limited stock but I have to confess we hardly noticed as there were 2 fridges of this limited stock [so enough for us/kids] and drinks were aplenty throughout the hotel all day and night.

Food:
I don't recognise the criticism of the food. I can eat and boy did I eat and in 7 days I did not have the same meal twice. The selection in the Buffet was excellent. The hotel was busy but we only ever had to wait a few mins for a table for 4 inside in the evening once and there was never a long line to get the food.
Drinks were normally at our table by the time we got back to it with our laden plates.
If that wasn't enough my ever-so-fussy eating kids had great feasts of Spegetti/Roast Chicken/Burgers/Pizza at the outside food Court.

One unforgivable thing though: for the 1 day of "Winter Season" we had to experience there was no nosh available for 3 whole hours between 9pm and midnight - what was all that about?!! ;-) [Of course I jest]

Have to admit a couple of the waiters were a little rude. I was moved enough one evening to tell one I thought he was out of order and fair does he apologised and even came over next day to say hello and play with the kids.

Sunbeds:
never had a problem getting one on the beach and okay you might have to hunt a little but invariably we got a couple every day with no fuss by the pools. Even the Pier was never too full for us to need to turn away. Not as if we got there at 8 to throw down towels either [as our Bavarian colleagues did] we we always went out to sit after 10am.

Fellow Guests:
Yes there were alot of Germans and Russians but honestly we encountered NO rude behavior, infact everyone was really nice to my kids. If anything a few of the Brit families were rather abrupt in how they spoke to other people. Maybe it's because I looked "foreign" that I didn't get the same treatment as other Brits? Dunno but we enjoyed the family-friendly atmosphere.

Checkout.
Handed in room cards at midday. Bags were moved to the luggage room while we spent the day on the beach and by the pool. We were explicitly assured that of course we had full access to all amenities [food etc] until our transfer back at 2230.
At 5pm when we asked if we could use a room for a short time we were given a key immediately [took the time to shower-up/change etc etc] and when we handed it back were told if we wanted to use it again later we could no problem [we did, and there wasn't - we gave the card back when we finally left at 2230!]. All FOC despite not deciding to pay the late checkout charges of 40E until 6pm or 80E to keep a room until midnight.

As commented earlier Guest Relations were randomly asking guests if they had any problems or if they had any suggestions for improvements so they really did try.

SO - all in all we had an EXCELLENT time. Not without minor niggles but nothing of any merit to mar the holiday.

We are already planning to visit Lara Beach for a future hol and would have no objection to coming back to Concorde. If we didn't it would be because the others nearby look cool too and it would be nice to try something different.
Thumbs up from the WIgwam Family though Concorde.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank wigwam
Reviewed October 29, 2008

The first 24hrs of our stay we were given the impression of a 5 star hotel. We arrived at 08:30 and should not have been allowed into our room before 14:00 and were pleasantly surprised when we were. The lobby is spectacular and the bedroom adequate. We had been allocated a room with a balcony overlooking the sea and were initially quite pleased with what we had been given. The food on the first day was excellent; we ate either from Le Buffet or the Food Hall and were pleased at the variety and quality. The drinks however were a different matter. My wife tried various cocktails and apart from the Concorde Special her response was “uck!” I agreed with her, particularly in the case of a pina colada without any trace of pineapple. Most cocktails came from plastic bottles and had been pre-made. The wines were quite poor apart from the mock “champagne.” Irish coffees were ok but were better if you added a glass of whiskey to a cappuccino rather than order the Concorde version. Efes is the only beer available for free and is quite good if you are a lager drinker. Another drink that my wife found to be quite good was the local “Baileys.”
The mini-bar is not the sort you’ll find in normal hotels. There was a large bottle of still water, two small bottles of fizzy water, two small cartons of juice, two small tins of Efes and a large bottle of Coke. If you want more alcohol brought to your room then you have to pay for it unless you are in a suite. The picture of the mini-bar in the room implies better contents. When I commented to Guest Services that there could be more alcohol in the mini-bar she told me that they didn’t do this because the guests would get drunk!
The room started to disappear soon after we arrived. Firstly a broken chair swiftly followed by a bathmat and the number of toilet rolls we were allowed. The cleaner started well, she put our twin beds together and linked them using a double sheet, and she created art work with the curtains and bed spreads and put roses on the beds. We began to talk about giving her a large tip at the end of the week. Perhaps we were supposed to tip her every day because this exceptional welcome only lasted one day. In the advertising there is reference to us having a bathrobe and slippers. We had to complain because apparently only suites get these. Eventually they arrived.
The evening entertainment was diabolical. Each night a comedian went through several routines which because of language difficulties were usually mimed. The comedian was good but the routines weren’t. There was also a Mr and a Mrs Concorde quiz involving members of the audience. One of the people chosen, an Austrian who looked like the child of the unlikely match of Robbie Coltrane and Jimmy Kranky, was quite good. This might have been acceptable if the advertising prior to arriving had not suggested there would be a Mongolian Acrobatic Show, a Samba Festival, a Hunan Acrobatic Show, a Group T.E.T. Hip-Hop, Kenyan Acrobats, a Mediterranean Sea Dance show, a Copacabana , Joseph and Starlight Express. We were therefore expecting something a lot different. If these activities were happening elsewhere there was nothing to say so. We did go to the Beach Party and this was no worse than the average disco. It did not help however that the hotel next door had an excellent band playing instead of a disco. The best entertainment was watching the little kids’ disco.
We went to every one of the a la carte restaurants which have to be booked the day before, from 1000-1300. This usually involved spending 30 minutes on the phone trying to get through. One day we forgot and didn’t phone until 1100 and two of the restaurants were already unavailable. At the Poseidon Fish restaurant the food was excellent but the service slow and impersonal. The BBQ was OK but the quality of some of the food was variable; the chicken was good but some of the lamb was a bit tough. I had a bout of diarrhoea immediately afterwards and was left wondering about the ability of the few staff to properly cook in the dark. Each table had an individual BBQ and the staff were rushing around cooking the food we had chosen. This meant that some food ended up as charcoal and other food was possibly undercooked. The Dafne Restaurant serves Turkish food. It was as good as any found in Turkish restaurants elsewhere. The meze at the start was good and my main course beef dish was excellent but my wife did not like the sauce used in her meal and this spoilt it. My wife’s dessert was sickly sweet, which we understand is quite usual in Turkey, and some of my fruit was unripe. The Asiana restaurant was excellent – we started with sushi and the rest of the food was equally delicious. The best restaurant of them all was the Vinario Wine and Steak Bar which would be hard to match anywhere we have been. The service and food was superb.
Finding a sun bed was sometimes difficult but if you ask a member of staff they will get them for you. The worse place to try to sun yourself is the beach, it is so possible you have to get up very early to find a sunbed. The music around the pool can be obtrusive but there are usually places where it’s quieter. If you want lunch in La Buffet outside but in the shade you have to be there just before it starts serving at 1200.
Despite all these little niggles, because we paid very little per night for our holiday, we both thought the hotel was exceptional value and that is why we have awarded it four stars.

1  Thank hartsdown
Reviewed October 14, 2008

THAT'S RIGHT, BURN THIS PLACE DOWN !! Can you believe it? I went down to breakfast. It took me ages to choose which cereal to have because they deliberatley baffle you with too much choice, only to find the milk 1 degree not cold enough. Honestly!

Well the hotel guest advisor stopped the 4 of us after 6 days and asked us to give her as many complaints as we could so the management could try and put things right. We racked our brains and the breakfast milk temperature was the only comment we could think of.

I think that about says it all!!

Tips.

Don't take any towels as they supply the lot. Room, pool, beach etc

Don't bother changing any money. Everywhere took UK pounds and gave a better deal.

THE BIG DOWNER: NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOTEL, ALL TO DO WITH THOMAS COOK (OR THEIR REP EMMA)

If you have a late checkout, you will be offered a 'last day cruise' This is advertised as a days cruise along the coast including lunch, followed by a 'Simple but clean' hotel where you can have dinner and then explore Antalya town before being collected and taken to the airport, 20 minutes before check in. What actually happens is you are collected at 9:30am, you spend 2 hours on a coach, picking up other suckers from hotels all over the place. then you are put aboard what can only be described as a 'Ford Cortina' of the seas. A long time ago I'm sure it was very nice but now?? The chain smoking captain chugs you along the coast to a bay, along with about 15 other wrecks, where you have the opportunity to sample muck dressed up as yuck. You can wash it down with a warm bottle of beer at £3. You get to swim off the boat but watch out for the scuba divers in the cramped bay. After this, you chug back to the docks, sorry, marina, and then walk the half mile to the coach park where you are driven the 2 hours back to your simple but clean flea ridden dull and dingy lit ex students quarters that is based in the middle of god knows where. Dinner was advertised as 7pm to 9;30pm. We went down at 7:45pm and it was all gone. We were 2 couples and had to share 1 room with 2 bedrooms but 1 shower. It was now 8:00pm and we were being collected at 2:40am. That was the longest, most dreadful time I've ever spent. ( Company excluded). So, if you are offered the 'Last day cruise', I hope I have assisted you in what to do or say!

Concorde Resort & Spa = A fantastic holiday in every way, shape and form. Go there and stay there.

ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, ASK AWAY

ps The 4 of us are in our 40's, we have holidayed just about everywhere and we know what to expect. This place delivers

8  Thank Jacque_Blacque
Reviewed October 7, 2008

First of all may I say that none of the staff were rude they can not do enough for you and there service was second to none.

This hotel is fantastic no bad points at all.

Why should I go to this hotel and resort:

- Short transfer
- Quick check in
- Clean modern well equiped room
- Good food with all the choice you could ask for
- Cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in
- Excellent choice of drinks for both adults and kids, hot and cold
- Pool area & Beach
- Childrens facilities
- Spa

And lots lots more.....

We really enjoyed having the kids club they were fanrastic and did every activity you could think of this run 10am to 12.30 and 2.30 to 5pm daily. They have a full well equiped play area, excellent pool and comfortable beds for the adults to sit back and relax on while your kids are entertained not too far away from you.

The drinks are fantastic too they range from speciality tea's to liquere coffee's, nice wine (for a change) and locally produced baileys, Jim beam the original. If the kids like Slush's they have every flavour you have ever seen.

Ice creams are available at diner and tea. Kids will love the food I am sure all kids like roast chicken and chips and burgers and cheese burgers.

Try out the lovely floor lougers on the Jetty they are sooo cumffy and you have a lovely breeze on there.

Everything esle I think is mentioned in other reviews just don't listen to the bad ones there is nothing to fault with the hotel definately deserves every single 5 star. I just didn't want to come home

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family