“Fabulous hotel in design, a bit let down by service and the beds were a horror.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Concorde De Luxe Resort

Ranked #32 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
Lake Myvatn, Iceland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms rather small and without any cozy atmosphere, i.e. a standard room. The beds were unacceptable, worn down and hard. We requested a change in beds, but were rejected in an unfriendly manner. Service could be much better in such an establishment. Most of the staff are not particularly friendly, especially the waiters at the main restaurant and the bartenders at the pool. I don't understand that I have to wait over 15 min. just to order drinks. I noticed too, that some guests are prioritized over others. ... Unacceptable in an all inclusive hotel. This is a very beautiful hotel, with huge gardens and lovely pools, all very well maintained. Service and maintenance inside should be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ConcordeDeLuxeResort, Manager at Concorde De Luxe Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us and for your constructive review.

We took very seriously your comment and share it with our team, we will handle it with care to avoid such bad experience to make the best use of your valuable remarks.

Our aim is to deliver the best experience to every guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Concorde De Luxe Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the second review I write of this property. I visited Concorde with my mother in June, 2012 and I had initially given it a 5-star rating, but going back to my review, I realized that it was not completely fair as I had overlooked the hiccups and focused only on the positives. This was a good holiday overall, but there are serious issues with service and language. If you are an English-speaker, you may wanna avoid. This hotel is far from its 5-star rating. I'd give it 4 stars and adjust the price.

Grounds:

Stunning! This is a very beautiful hotel, with huge gardens and lovely pools, all very well maintained. I won't spend time on that, since other reviewers have covered this topic extensively.
Note that guests here have the habit of reserving sun loungers very early in the morning. This happens both at the pool and the pier and I never saw anyone remove them. The pier is lovely, but it has just about 30-40 beds (tops) for a hotel of about 800. People would reserve the beds very early in the morning and if you want to get a spot there, you need to be there by 9 o'clock the latest. On one occasion I saw a Russian woman with her two boys occupying 4 beds in total (each bed easily fits 2 people) - 2 beds in the shadow and 2 beds in the sun, alternating between them all day, while there where people leaving after not being able to find a single spot!

Room:

Nice room, very spacious, with a nice balcony. We were pleasantly surprised when we entered.The bathroom is showing signs of ageing, which you will notice on the attached pictures.

Service:

Straight downhill from here. Most of the staff are not particularly friendly. This is especially true for the waiters at the main restaurant and the bartenders at the pool. I understand that it gets very busy but that doesn't explain over 15 min. of waiting just to order drinks. I noticed that some guests are prioritized over others. I don't find that acceptable in an all inclusive hotel, or anywhere, for that matter. We visited in June, I can only imagine the situation during peak season. In addition, many of the waiters and the bartenders where at best moody and ignorant and at worst - arrogant and sarcastic. I do appreciate sarcasm, but not when it comes from someone who's supposed to provide me with a service (and an expensive one at that!).
One evening we decided to have a few drinks at the Vista bar - though there were only about 10-15 people at the bar, we waited about half an hour to get our drinks. The bartender was unwilling to even acknowledge our presence despite the numerous "excuse me"-s on my part. My mom and I ordered different cocktails but we ended up with the same tasteless watered down drinks. Needless to say, we did not return.
In all fairness, there were a few people who stood out. Cumali at the main restaurant was a delight, always smiling and kept our drinks coming. He serves to prove that you can provide quick and polite service in a busy place, shame about his colleagues. Aisha from the entertainment team was also great.
Lastly, all day you are harassed by people offering all kinds of extra services and they don't seem to take no for an answer. I appreciate the availability of choices, but I don't like having to explain every time why I don't want to go diving and so forth.

LANGUAGE

The biggest issue of all! If you are an English-speaker you may wanna avoid this place. Concorde mainly caters to Turkish people, Germans and Russians. The evening entertainment starts in English, but at some point everyone starts speaking Turkish. We attended one of the evening shows, which included guest participation. It turned out that all the competitors were Turkish and the show continued on that language. We couldn't help but feel a bit isolated. In addition, I noticed that Russian guests are prioritized and we felt like a second-tier guests.

Noise:

Our room was on the side, facing the hotel next door and partially overlooking the sea. Every night we could hear the loud music from the entertainment, so we had to keep out balcony door shut. This hotel may be good if you have kids, because a lot of attention is dedicated to them but if you like to just relax, the endless games may be tiring.

Positives:
Nice beach, very well maintained. Every other day there is a party on the pier - it is lovely, though the music was absolutely the same every time.
The value for money is ok- you could never go hungry, all day long there is availability. We'd often have lunch at the food court, due to proximity to the pool but the quality and variety are mediocre. The main restaurant is actually the better alternative with a huge choice of salads, meals and even fresh fish. In general, the food was pretty good - nothing to rave about, but you must be very pretentious not to find something you like. I loved the "Italian" night - pasta was great.

Would I recommend this place? If you are an English speaker - perhaps you would be better off somewhere else. I'd like to actually give it 3 1/2 stars. Would I return? Not really, there are plenty of other places to visit and so little time.

Room Tip: Choose a partial sea view. Rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the road and the ugly buildings o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dess I
Dear Guest,

Our aim is to deliver the best experience to every guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Myself, husband and 2 kids have just returned from a lovely holiday. We were lucky to be upgraded to a family deluxe suite at the front of the hotel with stunning views of the beach, the pools and the gardens. The entire hotel never felt full and we always got really good sun beds by the pool and on the pier at the beach. The food was really good and plenty of it. All the staff were friendly and smiled all the time. The only issue we had was with the lack of Internet in the rooms, but that's not a bad thing and we could get it in the wifi lounge and Internet cafe
In summary, we totally loved the entire holiday nod have some fabulous memories. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of Lara Beach

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this review and for all your kind comments.

We are very happy to read that our level of services and offerings was up to your expectations.

Thank you once again for all your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Normally when we get to the end of a holiday, we are ready for home - not this time. The Concorde really is a fabulous hotel, great service, excellent layout and all the facilities we could wish for.

We had read previous reviews before we went and had some concerns - totally unjustified. We had a junior suite (2058) that was nicely decorated. The cleaners were very efficient and left decorative models in the room every day.

There are a selection of swimming pools including an adult only quiet pool, main pool which is big enough for organised sports without taking over, a slide pool (our 6 year old loved it but was probably at the younger end for it), a pool for younger ones plus the hotels own section of beach. We weren't particularly early risers but had no trouble getting sun beds by any pool even as late as 11am - and none of the beds are a bad position.

The food is good and there always seemed something on the go, when the restaurants and snack bars were closed late afternoon, there was BBQ things available by the beach.

We saw a few nights of the entertainment and it was a high standard but our preference was the quieter lobby bar and our daughter visiting the games room with her friends.

The staff were very friendly but a special mention to Cemile, the concierge, who was able to sort our transfers when we were struggling.

We arrived home this morning and are already talking about a return trip next year.

Yours sincerely

Fleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We are currently staying at the Concorde for the third time and we love it ! I don't recognise the hotel the lady describes below ! We have only experienced lovely food .the staff are nothing but friendly , attentive and more than willing to help . The service from the maids to bar staff and reception is excellent . A great holiday in turkey yet again !

• Stayed August 2013
leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

the Concorde hotel is definetly 5 star, the food court by the bars through the day is fantastic, the lobby bar is great the service is very good, my little boy who is 7 really enjoys the kids club and the slide pools, this is our third visit as a family and we would definetly come back again, also the guest relations speak fantastic English and are very helpful and always have a smile for you.

Hockley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I dont even know where to start with this review. We paid in excess of 6k for me and my 3 children (5, 3 and 4 months old) and my husband for an all inclusive deal with Junior Suite. From the onset this hotel was a complete disappointment. The first night I ate there (after not eating anywhere else for near on 20 hours) i got the worst food poisoning id ever had and was holed up in the room for nearly 18 hours before I decided to venture out. It didnt get any better as the whole entire time I was there I had severe diarrhoea in spite only drinking bottle water etc. I was starving most of the time so I HAD to eat something, but no matter what I ate there it went straight through me!

Let me start with the food. Its OK. But again, I had a dodgy stomach every day. Its not 25 hours either......there is practically a 3 hour break in between breakfast lunch and dinner when no food is served anywhere. So if my kids were hungry in between their scheduled times for food it was tough! So my kids were constantly hungry or moaning. The restaurant opens at 12 at night for an hour if you are really hungry, but the food selection was disgusting and not suitable for children at all. Examples were boiled turkey stew and meat balls obviously made from the leftover koftas at lunchtime. The kids selection of food was diabolical. I could go on forever, but in essence the food was horrible. End of.

Service - Well it was appalling throughout. In the main restaurant we had to ask every single time for clean cutlery, glasses, plates, service in general etc. The floor was filthy and despite me asking for our section of the floor to be cleaned I was completely ignored every time. The bar staff are rude and ignored me and my husband most of the time in favour for heavily tipping russians. I dont mind tipping, but why should I pay for service I should be already getting in a supposedly 5 star hotel just to get served??? In essence, shocking service and rude staff.

Our room was comparable to a 3 star hotel at max. My sons had sofas to sleep on that had been made to look like single beds. They were hard and impossible to sleep on. The air con failed every single night. It was TERRIBLE. In 38 degree heat all I wanted to do was get out of the heat and rest, but you couldnt. The hotel switches the air con off every night between 7pm and 10pm and during this time its SWELTERING in the rooms. So forget going back and having a rest in the rooms at this time. And if you are getting ready to go out you would be dripping in sweat before you have even left the room. When we complained they said it was tough and they did it for energy saving. We also had a delightful view of a very busy road despite reserving a sea view. We complained but again nothing was done.

The kids clubs are useless for Brits. Its all geared up for Russian, French and Germans. No English games or songs are even attempted. And the kids have to be 6 years old if you want to leave them there for a few hours, if 6 years or younger you have to stay with them throughout. Whats the point of that! I might as well stay with the kids by the pool. So, kids clubs are rendered useless for British kids under 6 years old.

The entertainment was absolutely shocking. And i mean shocking. They rally you into a sweating hot Ampitheatre every night for things like 'Euro Vision night' (terrible singers i never want to hear again). One night they had a karaoke Night where NO ONE got up to sing.....so the whole night was spent in silence (seriously, you cant make this up!!!!), and my hubby and i sat there the whole night just to see how bad it got! It was so bad we developed a sense of humour!!!!!

Every person I spoke to was complaining about how shocking the hotel had been, how the food was bad, how the staff and entertainment was terrible and how they would never come back again. Neither would we.

There are no bars or restaurants outside you can escape to so you can get a break from the hotel either. Outside the hotel its baron.

Hideous place, waste of 5k, in needs its stars removed to be a 3 star and completely ruined 10 days worth of hols. Please try and look else where before thinking of booking here. I hope this helps.

1 Thank mrsacowan