“Almost a great take off!”

Concorde De Luxe Resort
Ranked #20 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel is situated around 20 minutes from the airport which is very handy when you’ve had a long tiring journey especially if you have kids. Check in was fairly swift and quick and the staff at the desk did a good job. I’d like to say a big thank you to Tonsu at the main desk. A very approachable, helpful and friendly gentleman.

The room we got was a little on the small side with a king size bed and single bed for our daughter. In general it was comfortable and you had the option of selecting a different type of pillow if it wasn’t for you which was a nice touch. The view from the balcony is fantastic. Try to ask for a room away from the Amphitheatre as on certain nights it can get quite noisy particularly from the hotel next door. The room was cleaned on a daily basis by our maid Nalan. Not only was she extremely friendly and did a sound job but my baby daughter really enjoyed her fun loving character.

The one major let down of the room was the air conditioning. Even though we set the temperature to the lowest possible it was still extremely warm. We asked for it to be looked into but the engineer found no fault so we asked to move room the next day. This did make a difference as we got a room on the 3rd floor as opposed to the very top one. Later on we were told that the hotel have a centrally controlled Air Conditioning system which I found difficult to grasp. I’ve never come across this and I’ve stayed at many other hotels.

The Main restaurant has a good selection of food but can get very busy at times. I suggest you get there for 12:30 for lunch and just after 7pm for dinner to ensure you get a table without much difficulty. You do have the option of eating at the bar area between the hours of noon till 6pm I think. There is a small hut on the way to the beach where they make fresh pizzas daily which is definitely worth trying as well as the ice cream and fresh fruit. Personally I avoided eating the burgers as I simply didn’t trust the meat and I read some earlier reviews of people having upset stomachs. The quality of the food at the main restaurant is ok. Nothing great but not too bad either. Having said that im a very fussy eater! They have different themed dinners- the Italian night was by far and away the best one.

Also, staff at the restaurant need to smile a bit more. The majority just seemed fed up and at times I found it difficult communicating with them. I would advise hotel management to give them some training on some basic English words\phrases. This would improve the level of service which at the moment is average at best.

Due to the location there are limited things you can do on Lara Beach. It also depends on what kind of holiday you’re after. Personally, I like to get out and about and explore a little so it wasn’t ideal for me as Antalya city centre was 45min bus ride away but I put the little ones needs before mine. If you wish to go down there to visit the harbour and the bazaars, catch the LC38 bus from the opposite side of the road. It costs 1.75 lira each, young kids go free and it stops more or less anywhere. They don’t do bus stops in Turkey! If possible get on one of the longer more modern red buses as these are better air conditioned. They come every 10 mins so you wont have long to wait. Also note -only take the same bus back to the hotel. We made the mistake of taking a different one as there are several that go to Lara Beach but it dropped us off at small station which was situated a couple of miles away.

In terms of other things to do apart from the beach, make sure you visit Duden Falls Selalesi (upper Duden). Don’t confuse this for lower Duden Falls which is a waterfall that plunges into the sea and is no where near as good. It’s a fabulous place with amazing views. You can even have a picnic there if you want. Try and go there during a weekday as it is quite a popular destination for the locals. It’s a 20 minute bus ride away from Antalya centre. I think you’ll need to get on bus VC30.

To conclude, this hotel isn’t a 5 star as it claims to be. However, its a solid 4 star which could improve with some basic staff training. All in all a pleasant stay.

4  Thank Ahmedali_007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,939)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

First ever visit to Turkey, and first ever all-inclusive holiday, but very impressed with everything about the hotel. From the minute we arrived until the moment we reluctantly left, the whole experience was first class. We upgraded to a suite which was spacious, especially with two young children running around, and cleaned on a daily basis by very helpful staff at the hotel. The pool and surrounding entertainment was very impressive. The selection at the buffet was varied and plentiful, and the a la carte restaurants were worth the small surcharge. The BBQ was first class, and we were enticed there three times due to the excellent food and friendly helpful staff. All in all I could not fault this holiday, Antalya or the Concorde Hotel in anyway and will certainly not hesitate to return again in the future.

4  Thank Mark L
Reviewed July 9, 2013

First thing to say is I am writing this review whilst still here enjoying this fabulous hotel.
Secondly ignore the petty complaints I read before I came here as they are totally unfounded. To you I say you must lead dull and boring lives and next time go to Pontins. Thirdly and this is a personal thing, thank you Laura Gardner staying at the crystal waterworld, Belek for taking our bag from the airport and taking over 48 hours to exchange it. Muppet!
Anyway more on the hotel. Upon arrival you are looked after the staff cannot do enough for you and the place is spotless. We are staying in room 3033 which is a suite and is unbelievable. Food is plentiful and delicious, even the fussiest of eaters will find something they like. The waiters treat you like royalty. Thank you Hassan you look after us every day. The guest relations team helped in getting our bag back even ringing the hotel where the girl was staying. Entertainment is great and caters for every nationality. Animation team work hard and are not in your face. They ask if you would like to take part in the games and a polite no is sufficient. I could go on and on but I am wasting valuable time when I could be enjoying myself. One other thing they do charge 10 euro for the ala carte resteraunts but you know what,they are worth it and you are on holiday. If you have already booked here you are in for a treat, and if you are thinking of booking,do it. I guarantee you will not be disaapointed. Now back to the sunbed for me and another ice cold Efes beer! Cheers!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank AlfieWigan
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

5th day and still no complaints at all.
Check in was swift and efficient. We were made to feel very welcome straight away. Our room (3033) is perfect, overlooking the pools, with a large balcony. Extremely clean and well appointed.
I had a problem with lost luggage and the Guest Relations lady (apols can't remember her name) was very helpful and was instrumental in sorting the problem out. My luggage arrived later that day.
Food is varied and theme nights are organised. Plenty of choice, well presented and something there for everyone's taste.
Many places to eat during the day. We tend to eat at the food court. Great choice of food, the salads are fab! Once again the food is varied each day.
We have eaten in 3 of the al a carte restaurants and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Service was excellent and the quality of food was really very good. My favourite to date is the Asian restaurant.
The pools are great with plenty of sunbeds/areas to choose from. The gardens are beautifully kept.
We have watched the animation team twice and have e joyed their performances. A very professional and talented group of young people. They also organise activities during certain times of the day around the pool and in the surrounding gardens such as learning to belly dance!
I have found the staff extremely helpful, polite and pleasant people. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! Do not be put off by negative comments like those earlier e.g. Rust on railings! This hotel IS 5 star not like those who pretend they are!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dot T
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is amazing me and my boyfriend loved it here its nice and quite lovely and clean the staff are so polite and friendly and 90% of them can talk perfect English it is lovely and clean there rooms are lovely and spacious we were at this hotel for a week and we never ate the same food at lunch or dinner it changed every night they also had theme nights at the restaurant as well all food was delicious and tasted fresh the bread was amazing fresh everyday had loads of choice in what bread you had you could choose your own bread and cut slices from it there was loads of fruit and vegetable carvings which were amazing I am definatly going back to this hotel I don't know how people can not like this hotel the entertainment is amazing we had a circus group and Moroccan dancers and lots of other entertainment there is a pier party almost every night and love music most nights the grounds are amazing and tranquil the pools are huge clean and well looked after we were there at the end of June beginning of July and we were able to find a sun bed everyday without difficulty and we didnt get down till about 11 everything about this hotel is lovely ignore the bad reviews it was amazing and will make a great holiday destination will be going again next year I've already started looking for another holiday

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Alex123451
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just came back from Antalya,hotel was very good but not ecxellent.Variety of food was limited in comparison to Hotel Lara Beach,where we stayed last year.
There were six restaurants in the hotel,which are owned by Hotel and you have to pay10 euros per head,it is scandalous.
Staff does not speak much English.They have three Guests relations at the main reception,when you speak to one,she will pass on to her colleagues as she does not understand English.
I had to complain about room cleansing twice during my stay.
Same food was repeated during seven nights stay.Was Not very helpful for late check out.
Would not stay there again.
Very noisy rooms,fcing the main road side

Room Tip: If you want to book this hotel, make sure you do book room facing main road.
2  Thank Rohil2003
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Fantastic holiday in june 13, obvious fantastic weather but was also pleased to find alot of the negitive comments we has read did not stand up, wifi slow but could get onto it easy enough in cerain areas without paying extra, food great, plates hot, room clean and maid service excellent, pools lovely and warm also clean, and as extras fab milkshakes, cocktails, ice cream yummy, go for it!!!!!

Room Tip: Sea view and pool view the best
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple