“A wonderful, relaxing holiday”

Concorde De Luxe Resort
Ranked #21 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

In a nutshell my partner and I have had the most wonderful and relaxing holiday. You'll always find people that moan about something, wherever you go in the world. Just book it and have a fantastic time like we did :)

Bit more detail now!

Upon arrival we presented our booking slip (twin room) and we were automatically upgraded to a king size, sea view room. Our question was about to be, could we pay for a room upgrade (the twin room booking, we made in error) but the upgrade happened for us, before we could even ask the question. We took the lift while the bell boy quickly brought up our bags to the room.

The holiday was fantastic from there on really!

The maids work hard to clean your room leaving amusing and beautiful towel arrangements. The minibar in the room was re-stocked daily in the afternoon by a guy (separately to the maid).

No tea and coffee making facilities in the room so if you like that sort of thing just pack yourself a travel one.

The food is wonderful- plenty of variety, didn't personally experience any fighting over stuff just the odd 2 person queue here and there but you're on holiday- dont let a little queue spoil your stay :) Also you can get food/drink 24/7 and ice creams at the main pool.

I did get a poorly tummy from the hamburgers outside in the food court but thankfully the rest of the food was great! Try the pizza it's to die for.

The bars are all great, we found the best service at the main lobby bar, open 24 hours. Yes you will find a lot of German & Russian guests here- not many English like us but that didn't affect our stay at all. Try the blue Hawaii cocktail it's fab!

There is a charity run cat house at the bottom of the gardens near the beach where you can go see the kittens and cats. Most are very friendly but the kittens are very shy. I saw 2 poorly/injured cats during my stay but one looked new (un-neutered) and I'm assured the vet does visit regularly and that they will be looked at.

The pools are fab but we preferred the beach and swimming in the sea. The sea is quite salty but I found was good for my skin :)

The A-la cart restaurants are just incredible value for 10 euros. we tried the Italian and seafood - you get so much food and the waiter service is great- be warned they will top up your wine glass as soon as its half empty- dont get too drunk ;)

And a few grumbles (there had to be some)...

Only thing we would say is that our Thomas Cook rep, Andi if we are honest didn't appear to want to be there. We popped down a couple of times and even though it was well before the time she was due to leave there was a huff and she needed to get somewhere else. when I asked about the cat house she said she'd send more info to me in my room but never did. If you can't be bothered just say, I'd have looked for information somewhere else.

Also we booked a Turkish bath through Thomas cook but later heard the hotel were doing something similar complementary. Thanks guys would have been nice to keep that £50 or use it elsewhere.

We were at the beach one day, near the beach bar and the member of staff working on there came up to our sun loungers I was half asleep and my partner had headphones on (the big over ear type so hard to miss) the guy started kicking my partners chair until he turned around and asked him (and later me) to collect glasses!!! not only our drinks glasses but from other guests!! I thought this was incredibly rude and I did tell him that. He laughed which was more infuriating. I've also left that feedback with the hotel. He was the only one wearing glasses be warned if you see him!

Finally we arrived at the tail end of low season so was perfect for us, but on Wednesday (1st May) it was the official start of high season. Blaring music from the entertainment suddenly loads more people was visibly more difficult to get a drink at the bar. We didn't mind a couple of days of this but for us personally it would be too much for us in high season.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank Suparuku

Reviewed May 3, 2013

You are treated as a individual from the start not just a room number. Plenty of sunbeds to be found and the pool is big enough for even the most serious swimmers. The beach and the pier a great, and at 4pm the staff brought around cocktails to your sunbeds. The pier party at night was fabulous, the entertainment team were out of this world they kept me amused all holiday with things to do, but they were never pushy and left you alone if you just wanted to lay in the sun. The hotel itself was lovely and the food varied and plenty to eat every night hot or cold. A bar open 24 hours a day if you wanted but this did not lead to drunken people wandering about. Stunning grounds to walk around and a great hotel. if you ever meet Mafus from the entertainment team, beware he is mad (joking) say hi because he made my holiday

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leeReading
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently stayed here for one week. The service at reception when checking in was very good, with fast check in explaining all our facilities and all staff were smiling and friendly. Our room was on the second floor and it was a sea view, I was a little worried at first going up the lift thinking the view would be limited but it was fantastic. Our room was spacious with a comfortable double bed. It was cleaned daily and the mini bar was also filled daily, which was pat of the all inclusive. The pools were fantastic but very cold. Just get yourself in it and you'll soon get used to it! It wasn't too busy in the hotel so we managed to get sunbeds very easily. We mainly stayed by the silence pool as this is adults only and you don't hear a lot of the music and day time entertainment around the main pool. There is also the slides around the other side which was good fun. You can get food in the snack bar outside which had a good selection of foods from burgers, pizzas and chips to spaghetti bolognese, salads and cakes.

The food in the main buffet restaurant also had a good selection. When we first arrived the hotel wasn't too busy and the waiter service was actually very good in the buffet. But after 3 days the hotel laid out a conference for a Turkish company and the hotel was of Turkish guests for 2 nights. This completely changed everything. It was just chaotic in the restaurant. We was walking around for ages and couldn't find an empty table for us and we weren't the only ones! The Turkish guests were very rude pushing past everyone. The waiters in the restaurants couldn't do enough for them but for everyone else they just got ignored. We eventually grabbed a table and I went and got my own cutlery and stuff for the table and we asked a passing waiter for some drinks, only water, and it never came the whole time we was there. 7 waiters rushed by our table and not one took any of our dirty plates away or asked us if we need anything. There was young children getting knocked around and the parents went and complained and one couple hadn't eaten for a couple of days because they'd just had enough of the hectic buffet and bad service and the al a cartes were full. We was not happy at all, for a 5 star hotel we did not expect that kind of service. We don't expect much, throughout the day I don't mind a hectic buffet and helping myself, but after a long day in the sun or out and about you just expect to be treated a little better. But there was nothing relaxing about the evening meals here unless you book al a cartes. That's the only place you will get a nice quiet meal with excellent service, music and candle light at your table. I don't mean to sound snobby but we have paid much less for 3/4 star hotels and had much better service in the evening buffets so it was just a little shocking for this superb looking 5 star hotel.

We went and complained and so did a number of other guests we spoke to but they did nothing for us, just apologised and said the hotels hold a lot of conferences. I don't care whether they hold conferences or not, I and many others are still paying guests on a holiday and it just kind of spoiled the hotel for me. Before this we was planning to return in a few months when it's high season but it has completely put us off going when the hotel is busier.

We tried all 3 al a cartes that was available to use whilst there. These were the italian, asian and steak house. All 3 were fantastic and definitely the extra 10 euros per person. We went to the italian twice, just to avoid another night in the buffet with everyone else. The waiter who served us both visits at the italian was absolutely fantastic. I think his name was Erhan but not sure. He couldn't do enough for you, was very friendly and made the effort to talk to us.

The lobby bar inside the hotel was pretty good. It is a 24 hour all inclusive bar so you can always get a drink. We had a couple of days bad weather and it rained all day so there wasn't really much to do in the hotel so we stayed in the lobby bar most the time. It is easy to get a drink in the daytime and staff are very pleasant. However in the evening the queues were horrendous and often only one waiter behind the bar. Some nights it was that busy in there we couldn't get a seat so we would go further along the hotel to the tea lounge and sit there and it is much quieter there however the only bar is the lobby bar so we would have to keep walking back and waiting a long long time to get drinks. Outside there is a big stage and bar but it was all still closed as it wasn't fully classed as summer season and the hotel was still getting things set up (same with other al a cartes, they were shut as they were outside). So I think maybe when the hotel is busier atleast there is more bars to go to. There is also a nightclub/disco inside the hotel hidden back behind the lifts on the ground floor. This was open until 2.30am.

There is also a little bar on the middle floor in the games room. This has the bowling, pool and air hockey plus little games for smaller kids. We did have a look in here but it was very busy with kids when it was raining and also quite pricey to play so we didn't use the facilities.

The beach was very nice and clean and only a 5 minute walk through the lovely hotel grounds to get to it. The sand is shingle just be careful, but the sea was a lot warmer than the hotel pools. There is plenty of water sports to d on the beach.

Outside of the hotel there isn't much to do. There is a few run down shops if you want to try and haggle a bargain but that's about it! It would be much better if there was a few bars and restaurants to look at and maybe try for a change of scenery. If you come out of the hotel and turn right, 5 minutes down on the other side of road is an indoor shopping centre which has nicer shops but a little more expensive. If you turn left out of the hotel, about a 15 minute walk and on the other side of the road there is one bar which shows the football.

The exterior of the hotel was absolutely stunning. Couldn't fault any of it. There were garden workers out all day making it look lovely. There is a cat house near the back end of the gardens with lots of kittens. There is also bird feeders and bird houses dotted about the place. There was always people cleaning the pools on a daily basis and taking samples which is reassuring.

The interior of the hotel was also fantastic. Very modern and very clean. The reception area with the high clear lifts are lovely. The buffet was a little dates with cracked tiles on the floors and birds flying about which was a little annoying.

The evening entertainment consisted of bingo games and music quizzes or the entertainment staff trying to get people up dancing. I think maybe when the summer season hits there will be better entertainment outdoors however will the service improve to meet the busy demands??

We didn't do any trips whilst here however we did get the shuttle bus from the hotel to Antalya which runs everyday. This is charged at 4 euros per person. It picks you up at the hotel at 10am and brings you back from Antalya at 4pm. We wanted to come back sooner that this so we jumped on a local bus in Antalya which was 1.70 Turkish Lira per person. Ask the guest relations or your rep about this bus.

Overall we had an excellent holiday at this hotel. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The food was good but the al a cartes were fantastic. The customer service in the buffet restaurant and lobby bar needs to be greatly improved though as it really let the place down and has gave us doubts about returning in the future. We spoke to lots of other couples who weren't at all happy and many complained. We just enjoyed it as best as we could and we had a ball here. Would not return when busy!

Room Tip: Email the hotel prior to going and request a sea view. Otherwise your view will be of the busy main...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jow321
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had never been on an all inclusive holiday before, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the amount, variety and quality of the food and drink on offer at the Concorde Deluxe Holiday Resort.

The Concorde is a really nice hotel, set in beautiful gardens leading down to a sandy beach on the Turkish Mediterranean Sea. The facilities are superb, the staff are very friendly and the rooms are smart and clean. The local bus service into Antalya town stops outside the front door (well, it stops anywhere you stand and stick your arm out to be honest). It runs every 10/15 mins and costs TL1.75 per person which is excellent.

My partner is vegetarian and at meal times was delighted to find a great selection of veggie food at the (massive) buffet provided.. I've never seen so much food laid on, and had to put myself on a diet after day three!

As I said the staff were really friendly and attentative, they were a great advert for Turkey and the Turkish people, I'd like to say a special thanks to Ali at the Fish Spa (fish nibbling your feet is a strange and delightful pleasure!) and Onur, our waiter who literally non stop poured red wine at our table every evening! Top man!

Very enjoyable week, and highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MickRoll
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Our first time to turkey and I have to say our choice of hotel was spot on!
Great location, very friendly staff. Waiters perhaps not as enthusiastic as you would find in Spain. Pool was the coldest I have ever felt but presume it would be slightly warm in summer. Never a problem getting sunbeds but it is start of the season. Pool area was very chilled and relaxing but again I think it would not be same as summer season begins. Food was good but disappointed with fish in the buffet, pancakes in the morning were delicious!! There are speciality restaurants which cost €10 we tried the Asian it was fantastic. Our room was spacious an very clean beds were comfortable and we had a fantastic sea view, but most rooms do they way the hotel is shaped. Air conditioning wasn't the best and a few people did complain about that but wasn't a major problem this time of year. Out and about my husband did scuba diving through a company in hotel they are not padi registered but he said were very good and would recommend them it cost about €60. Myself and our daughter did a trip to side about an hour taking in a market trip which was a great experience haggle hard and you get what you want! Saw some ancient roman ruins and more shops around harbour area lots of restaurants was a lovely day but thought £25 was a bit steep. Hotel is only half an hour from airport and reception are very efficient girls at guest relations are extremely helpful and I love all the uniforms all In keeping with the Concorde theme. I would certainly recommend this lovely hotel thanks to Concorde for a fantastic week

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Mandyldave
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We recently stayed, with a couple of friends, at this great beach resort. Our first surprise was the wonderful view from our balcony, overlooking a football field size upool,onto tho Mediterranean sea. Our next surprise was seeing that the name, Concorde, in fact referred to the now retired supersonic jet, as the building had the shape of that sleek aircraft.

Very nice rooms( only a hint of tobacco in the air...) complete bathroom,fine service. A few different places to eat,convenient free parking,many different entertainment opportunities, all told an excellent choice in Antalya. We only stayed one night,but our friends would have wished for more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the afternoon sun,for warmth and nice pool views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from 6-13th April. The service at reception by receptionists, guest’s services and concierge was excellent. The interior of the hotel is very nicely decorated, the room was spacious with a good size bathroom and cleaned to a very good standard daily. The exterior of the hotel was very well maintained with manicured grounds and a lovely clean beach, nice children’s play area- with exceptionally friendly staff. Both the exterior and interior pools were clean and inviting. On arrival we were upgraded to a room with a sea view which was greatly appreciated. We spoke to guest services as we were travelling with a 18 month old child and requested room service at 5.30pm (just a bowl of pasta) for our baby as the buffet only opened at 7pm, we also ordered hot milk for her bottle in the morning. These was delivered efficiently at no extra charge .The service provided by Dehuil at the pool bar was excellent and the food served at the snack bar was very good indeed- extremely good vanilla ice-cream. There was however some areas of the hotel where customer service was lacking. On every night apart from one when we dined at the buffet restaurant we had to ask a waiter to clear the table/ reset the table before being able to sit down, we also had to ask the waiter for drinks rather than him asking us. The range of foods in the buffet was good, with a small selection of starters and a wide selection of mains and desserts. Service in the lobby bar was also disappointing, on the majority of visits to the bar there seemed to be one person pulling drinks behind the bar with a number of bar staff waiting the tables, this did not appear to change as the queue at the bar grew. When it became extremely busy and the number of bar staff did increase behind the bar they seemed to enjoy playing with their mobile phones or throwing the glasses in the air for entertainment ………. Not such a good idea when you have a large number of people waiting to be served!
A lovely hotel but could be better if the customer service issues in the buffet restaurant and lobby bar are addressed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family