“Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed at the Liberty Lara Beach Hotel from 1st May – 8th May 2014.

A fantastic hotel set in lovely grounds leading down to the beach. The first impression you get when you walk into the hotel is spectacular with a very impressive foyer.

The rooms have been recently refurbished and were excellent.

The staff were very friendly and hard working. Entertainment during the day and the evening was ok.

There are several bars, with our favourite being the beach bar with an excellent barman called Mateky. He really made our holiday special.

The sunbeds on the beach are free and there are plenty of them. There is a pier leading out to the sea which was lovely to walk out on.

Food excellent with a Gala evening once a week. Restaurant is half inside and half outside.

Weather was changeable, with a couple of rainy days, but this was early May. I will definitely return, but I think I will go slightly later in the year for the weather to improve, perhaps mid-June before it gets too hot.

Overall an excellent hotel and highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gary S
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Gaz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your delightful review . We are thrilled to hear that we have exceeded your expectations!

At Liberty Hotels Lara, we care about our customers and endeavor our best efforts to make their visit enjoyable and uncomplicated. We very much appreciate your kind words, particularly of who provided excellent service to assist you with your requirements. We will certainly share your favorable comments to the team!

Again, thank you for the gift of feedback.
Liberty Hotels Lara Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel last May and had an excellent time apart from one major thing! The first week of the holiday and friend and I decided to have a Turkish Bath and massage. The Masuse who I had was very heavy handed and at one point I felt a pop in my shoulder. during the holiday I was in pain but to te totally honest I thought it was just a strain. Since coming home the pain has got considerably work, I have had numerous injections but was tod this week that I know need surgery to repair it. I have e mailed the hotel on several occasions but have had no reply. So travellers BEWARE of the over zealous guy in the beauty spa please !

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kilby123
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Hello (Merhaba) Morag,

We hope that you are feeling better since our correspondance with you.

Please kindly apprieciate we are not in a position to disclose the contents of our discourse via Trip Advisor to be shared with the rest of the global social media community. This would be deemed as unethical and inappropriate.

We wish to personally thank you for acknowledging your stay at the Liberty Hotels Lara was excellent. Out of 228 hotels along the Antalya coastline, we are currently in fourth position. We are erternally grateful to our patrons who hold us in such high esteem.

The Wellness Centre management, staff and personnel since May 1st, 2014 has changed hands (approximately 2 weeks ago).
The previous managements contract expired on April 30th, 2014.
We regard this as a significant matter of importance which requires clarification.
We firmly believe this needs to be brought to the attention of our current in-house guests as well as guests who will be enjoying their holiday with us in the future as your above comments undeservedly and unjustly incriminates the current management & staff.
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed here the first week in April, which was technically out of season. However we had a fantastic weeks holiday. This is a beautiful hotel and fantastic staff who are always smiling and willing to help.
There are bigger hotels on Lara beach, but the Liberty felt very personal and the staff became more like friends. special mention to waiter Osman always ready to top up our drinks and was very friendly and my 10 yr old daughter adored him. Also Mustafa from guest relations very friendly and very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in you, he also remembered my daughters name from the very first day when we checked in.
I fully recommend this place, its clean and well looked after. The food is great with plenty of choice. really cheap bus that goes into antalya,which is a lovely city, but takes about 45 mins to get there.
The entertainment, even though out of season slightly was fine and on the last night they got a great band in, who played outside, and the people from the overlooking hotel were watching (they cant have had any entertainment).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Birstallguy,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are pleased to read that you have enjoyed the food as well as the hotel, and that we have lived up to your expectation. We truly appreciate your recommending words on our staff. It was our pleasure to read that you described them to be both friendly and efficient. The team at the hotel joins us in extending our gratitude for your appreciation towards our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences. Also Osman and Mustafa send their best regards to you.

Let us thank you again for your recommendation. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again when you next visit the Turkey!

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed in the Liberty Hotel for a week over Easter – and I fully enjoyed my stay there. I just loved nearly everything in the hotel. It felt very personal, and I was able to have a great relaxing time there.

The rooms are clean and spacious, they were clearly recently renovated. The TV inside the mirror was an interesting touch. The minibar was re-stocked every morning, you could always ask for more water, soft drinks or beer.

The hotel ground is just beautiful – the bridge over the main pool adds to the atmosphere. All pools looked very good, with enough loungers available throughout the day – even when the hotel was apparently fully booked. I am not sure this would be possible in the much larger hotels in the area. So even without reserving a sun lounger before breakfast (which quite a lot of guests from all countries did) I was able to get a nice spot. If you need a lounger in the shade – you will find it as well. I loved spending most of my time at the main pool (though it was a bit too cold for me – and unfortunately I was not advised that the Silent Pool was heated). The beach was very pleasant as well to spend some time there. For some reason the three waterslides were only open for 1 hour per day – I must admit though they were fun.

One very nice thing is that the ground is kept very clean – you could constantly see staff clearing any empty cups or garbage around the pool and beach area. I think it makes a big different.

The other great aspect of the hotel was the food. The buffet was just outstanding – with a great variety. The salad bar and the cold starters were just tasty – it included seafood salad and even cold lobsters. As expected in Turkey the freshly grilled meat outside was just amazing – full of flavours. Unfortunately sometimes the meat was a bit cold as some guests don’t think it is necessary to close the lid. Nothing the hotel can do about unfortunately. The Thai Noodle stir fry is nice as well – but I preferred having the other dishes instead after I tried it once. And if you have a sweet tooth – you will love the desert section. Overall I must say this was the best buffet food I ever had.

I also visited the Turkish a-la-carte restaurant once. I expected that it will be slightly rushed to offer several seatings each night. I couldn’t be more wrong. I spent 2 ½ hours there to enjoy a fabulous 6 course meal. And every dish was great (though my venison steak was well-done unfortunately – I wasn’t asked how I prefer it). The staff was also very attentive there – and make sure your glass is never half-empty. This might lead you to drink more than you planned.....

For lunch you could get freshly made pizza (very nice indeed), or eat at the bar next to the main pool. So overall there is enough choice.

The last positive aspect of the hotel is the majority of the staff – very friendly and welcoming. Of all the great staff special praise needs to go to Izmet at the lobby bar. He was always smiling, tried to get to know the guests at the bar, remembered the preferred drinks, and was just a good laugh for everyone staying till late at the bar. And most important, he made the best Blue Moons (which he introduced me to it as well). I think the hotel is very lucky to have staff like him

Parna from guest relations was also a great advert for the hotel. After speaking to her briefly to reserve the a-la-carte, she actually remembered my name whenever she saw me, checked that everything was ok and just having some chats. She was also keen to hear any feedback (and actually raised some of the points I made straight away)

While I loved the whole stay I can only give 4* as there were some bits I think the hotel need to improve.

1. The staff of the hotel is overall very friendly, but I found the waiters in the buffet restaurant rather disappointing. As I was travelling alone I usually waited to get a drink ordered before I got food (to make sure no-one took my seat) – and most of the time it took rather a long time before a waiter came to your table – despite walking past me a few times. Even when I finished a drink, they didn’t take another order (I actually raised the empty glass once – and he walked past me). I went twice to the bar in the restaurant to get a drink there. I think they need to be more attentive – or if they are too busy, more staff is required. A bit of a shame considering the otherwise positive experience I had.

This might sound strange for some, but if you travel and have shirts with you, you might need to iron them. Well – they do not have iron or iron boards! This is the first hotel I stayed without an iron available for customers. I was surprised when reception told me – and got a bit angered when they advised that they have a laundry service to do this – obviously for a charge. For a 5* I find it unacceptable.

Wi-Fi is quite poor. Unless you checked news or emails during the night, it could take a few minutes to load a website. I didn’t really mind – but again for a 5* I expect more
These were three minor things in the grand scheme, and I am planning to return to this hotel. Being a smaller hotel in the area is a big plus, as it feels more personal, and most staff tries everything to make your stay special.

So to answer the most important question: Would I recommend the hotel to friends – it is a big YES.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Scotsman79
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed at the liberty lara beach in march, it was our second time to this hotel and it was as perfect as the first we stayed here. the food was fantastic + plenty of choices for all tastes. our room was very nice very clean + loved the tv behind the mirror. my grandaughter enjoyed the kiddy club. Mustafa the hotel rep was wonderful a lovely man who remembered us from the last time we went he was very helpful. we had a meal in the Italian restaurant for my daughter-in-law birthday + was a lovely meal with balloons banners + birthday cake. everywhere in the hotel is spotless + the staff work very hard.we shall certainly be going back next year. thankyou all at the hotel for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank debbie t
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Debbie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Liberty Hotels Lara during your recent visit to Antalya and indeed for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted that you chose to spend your birthday here also to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us . Your compliments about our friendly and helpful team are most greatly appreciated.
Our staff is doing every day their very best in order to provide a nice service to our guests for their well-being. Nice to read, that we could achieve this with you. Your comments on our food and the service are highly appreciated.

Also your nice ending comment about your attention to come back to us makes us very proud!
We are looking forward welcoming you back with us for another stay soon.

Best regards,
Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just returned from the brilliant Liberty Lara Hotel in Antalya after a 14 day break. This was our sixth time at this hotel and as usual we found the staff and facilities marvellous. The young lady Parna from Customer Relations was especially helpful and efficient solving any problem with a smile, nothing was too much effort for her, she is a credit to the hotel. As usual the food and facilities were brilliant and even though it was out of season there was plenty going on for all ages. All the staff are friendly and efficient, the big chef in the restaurants is brilliant and supplies varied and delicious meals. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pools and gardens are best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Merhaba (Hello) June,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your sixth experience of your visit to our hotel.
Your compliments of the Liberty Hotels Lara are greatly appreciated. We are happy to read you loved everything about the hotel. It is truly heartwarming to hear that you felt relaxed and at home for the duration of your stay.

We are delighted that our team were courteous and helpful. We work diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for the guests. It is nice to know when this succeeded. We have shared your kind words with our staff and Parna says hello to you.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your recommendations.

Warmest Regards,
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were family of 3, who stayed at liberty hotel, for 7 days. Although the weather wasn't kind enough for us use the swimming pools (which were lovely by the way) , we had a great time. The food was very good and there was something for any kind of tastes. The food varied quite a bit, and also there were two other restaurant near swimming pools and beach. The entertainment group were good, and they had something on every night. Most of the staff were friendly. It is a very busy and full hotel, and the staff are really busy at all time. The house keeping is one point which needs improving. The rooms were cleaned in the afternoon, the bathrooms, toilets weren't quite clean. The room when u looked at seemed clean but with closer looking needed a lot of work.
If we come back to Antalya, we will choose this hotel again. I would recommend it to the family with children , as it is very family friendly environment .

Another negative point was internet, which kept stop working at most inappropriate times!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family