“Slightly disappointing”

Liberty Hotels Lara
Ranked #4 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am going to make this review as fair as possible.

I do feel part of my problem is that my expectations were very high do the reading the amazing reviews for this hotel before I came...

The hotel in my opinion is more 4 star than 5.

Rooms:
When we arrived we were given a tiny room (similar to the my bedroom at home) with 3 single beds (we are 2 adults, 1 child) on the first floor above a bar..the noise was awful and we wet to reception and asked to be moved.

We were then given a room on the 4th floor above reception - was slightly bigger with a sofa in the room too. Unfortunately the key cards did not work for the room and for 2 days we were kept given new cards... they didn't work...then a member of staff had to let us into our room. That was fine..until we left the room again... same problem..could not get back in.... was such a pain, having to go back to reception each time. Eventually they changed the whole locking system.

The room itself was ok..not 5 star standard at all... the finish isn't great. The toilet is hung on the wall..but is wonky..you are sitting on a slope! Also the toilet roll holder is put up wonky... as are the spot lights in the bathroom and the bedroom! Not a massive problem...but just the 5 star experience I was expecting! Cleanliness of the room was average.. the rest of the hotel was very clean.

The beds were also very hard.. and the pillows were awful..the hardest pillows I have ever slept on. I had to have a massage to combat the effects at the end of the week (which incidentally was amazing from the hotel spa area). Also, you were only given a duvet and this made temperature control very hard. The air conditioning wasn't put on by the hotel...and the rooms at night were stuffy and hot.

On our 2nd night there was a big argument and fight in the room next door at 1:15am... waking us up... I had to call reception 4 times to come up and deal with it.

The next morning we asked to move rooms as didn't want to risk having another awful nights sleep... they lied to us and said the neighbours were leaving the next day..(they weren't and didn't) ... just told us to keep calling reception if we had more problems through the night and they would sort it.

The Guest Relations manager told us we were lucky as we already had been given an upgrade...

The noise levels in the rooms is awful..you can hear everything. The hotel is so badly designed with many of the rooms above reception. One night there was a massive row in reception at 2am..waking us up..and I'm sure a large number of the rooms in that area,

Food:
The food was ok... just an average buffet restaurant. The thai stirfry was nice enough and a couple of nights the bbq had some nice food. Pizza tent was nice enough..freshly cooked for you. All fine... not outstanding. You could only get ice creams at lunchtime was a bit of a pain... would be nice to get them for slightly longer into the afternoon..

Entertainment:
The animation team are often seen during the day encouraging people to take part in the activities. Our son played football most days.

The evening entertainment was appalling.. the select bar wasn't our cup of tea...and the main lobby are was where 90% of their guests were in the evening. So got very packed and you were lucky to get a seat. However is lacked atmosphere and needed maybe a piano man or a singer...but due to the design on the hotel and the rooms above it the staff said this was not possible. Just felt like sitting in an airport departure lounge.

Pools:
Nice..slightly cold, but warmed up lovely during the week. Inside pool nice.

The layout of the hotel was lovely..and perfect for our needs. My son practically lived on the football area..which was perfectly located..with lovely grass..he met some lovely friends and had a great week.

It was my sons birthday and the hotel staff delivered wine and fruit to our room on his birthday with a letter for him which was a nice of them.

All in all we had a nice holiday...the hotel wasn't the best we have stayed in at all and I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better..7th of 8th floor and at the other end of the hotel to reception!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Claire T
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Hello (Merhaba) Claire,

We hope you and your family are well and in good health.
We appreciate the time you have taken to put pen to paper and share your comments & opinions with our community.
Likewise, we also intend to be fair with our response as we do respect your overall analysis of your holiday experience.

We will begin with the most memorable aspects of your holiday.

To quote your very words “All in all we had a nice holiday” is pleasing as we feel we have ticked most of the boxes, however not all. I will be highlighting the anomalies shortly.
You have stated at the end of your article that you would not recommend our hotel which has been duly noted. We realise we will not please each and every one of our customers, however we genuinely do with all honourable intentions strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. It appears we succeeded in some areas; however the areas we have not excelled, we have every intention in addressing.
Thank you for acknowledging the gesture made by the Guest Relations team with regards to your son’s birthday. Likewise we are very happy your son enjoyed the football facilities and he had a great week making many friends hence the theme of our Hotel is `Time to build friendships`.
Many of our customers like you feel our Hotels’ layout or environment is ideal for their holiday needs.
This winter the adults Silence pool has been installed with a heating system which is a new feature enabling our customers to enjoy swimming in the winter. The cleanliness of the hotel throughout seems to have gained your approval.

We have dispensed with the positives, now for your constructive input.

During the winter, entertainment can be described as somewhat subdued due to a number of reasons. This is an area the management has identified to be addressed for the coming winter season. Turkey is not part of the European Community therefore we are hampered by regulations restricting hoteliers from outsourcing talented entertainers from overseas destinations. The way forward is to source our own local market. Once again thank you for your feedback whereby we will look into a piano player or maybe violinists who seem to be very popular in Europe.

To compare our hotel reception to an airport lounge we consider is rather harsh and unjust.
Your comments regarding the buffet being just average may raise a few eyebrows. We also offer, A la Carte lunches at the retro Sunset bar plus delicious pasta dishes from the pasta house. We have since introduced American southern fried chicken and jacket potatoes with an assortment of fillings.
Many of our customers also rave about our A La Carte restaurants as they offer our customers a refined dining experience. Thank you acknowledging the Asian stir fry at lunch times. We are very proud we can offer many International dishes as well as staying true to our own national culinary roots. There is something to suit everyone’s palate.

It appears you experienced a number of room quality issues.
Your original room as per your booking with Thomson/First Choice was honoured; however our reception staff upgraded your room to a larger standard room at no extra cost to you. This practise is subject to availability and at the discretion of the management.
You very kindly gave us notification with regards to the room alongside yours who were apparently very vocal and unruly which is something we do not condone. As I recollect I accompanied you to the reception desk to inquire who occupied the room in question (it appears they were customers from the UK). Can I at this point clarify that I am not the Guest Relations manager and at no point did I say I was or claim to be.
You claim we said you were lucky you were given an upgrade. It appears an innocent comment has been taken out of context as we advised you that we had no rooms of your current upgraded type available for you to move to.
If I remember correctly we did advise you to kindly call reception should there be a re-occurrence or disruption to your holiday enjoyment and we would promptly deal with it. To claim that we lied to you is both unfounded and a brutal character assassination of our honourable intentions.
Trip Advisor is considered to be a democratic social media platform whereby one can freely post their comments which we totally respect. We also have the right to put forward our views and counter any claims true or otherwise made against our Hotel and personnel.

With regards to the hotel design and rooms; only 35% of the rooms face out onto the reception/atrium whereas the remainder of the rooms are beyond the panoramic lifts.
The hotel has been renovated during the winter and it is fair to say that we did experience a number of teething problems for one reason or another. We do apologies to our customers as in your case regarding for any cleanliness or room quality standards which may have not been to your satisfaction.

We once again thank you for your constructive input. We will look at all the options available to us to rectify the anomolies you experienced during your stay.
The foundation of `All in all we had a nice holiday` we believe is a solid platform for our hotel to progress and evolve.
We wish you and your family a wonderful future and thank you for choosing our hotel for you winter holiday.

There are newer reviews for Liberty Hotels Lara

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we was greeted with champagne in the huge impressive lobby and had a very fast check in, I stayed in the suntopia hotel last year which at the time i thought you couldn't improve on but I was wrong, hardly any Russians in this complex which adds to a more chilled out vibe , also instead of paper or plastic cups like in the suntopia you get to drink from large glasses.
The food is great and there's a huge variety with great themes, what impressed me was the attention to detail with the presentation.
I do however have one little gripe with the size of the room, with two adults and two children is a little cramped, but it has just been refurbed and there is also a socket for usb above the mirror so you can bring movies to watch,
Will definitely be returning one of the nicest all inclusive hotels I have stayed in cannot praise it enough.

Regards Spencer

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Baycomoptics
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Yönetici at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Merhaba (Hello) Baycomoptics,

Thank you for sharing your impressions about your last stay at Liberty Hotels Lara.

We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay at our resort and the key of your satisfaction was the hotel associates, the food and the presentation.
Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Turkey!
You can follow us from '' Facebook.com/libertyhotelslara & twitter.com/laraliberty ''

Greetings from Antalya!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We just returned from a week over the Easter holidays and whilst most things were great there was lots of prep being done for high season that meant we suffered a lower quality than expected and received in the past. These issues may or may not affect you.

Main pool is unheated and therefore they were allowing children into the adults only pool as it was still quite cold, there was no where to get away from kids.
The air-con in the rooms was not turned on, we had a west facing room which heated all day and was very hot by the end of the day.
The outside bar is not open in the evenings (they tried a couple of nights by giving out blankets, it was fine with a jumper on) when this closed it meant all the guests had to use the two indoor bars and it was struggle to get a seat.

The rooms have all received a facelift so they are all very tidy and the cleaners are very good and kept it spotless all week. There are new TVs hidden inside the mirror, these have a USB socket hidden on top of the mirror so you could take a USB drive full of movies if you wished. The UK TV options are news or extreme sports. The mirror/TV combo doesn't do either very well, the TV is too dark and reflections make it hard to watch and as the mirror is dark it is not good at being a mirror. There is no full length mirror in the room which my wife found annoying. Overall room quality is very good but if dont like hard pillows you might want to squeze one in your luggage.

The bars are great with friendly efficient staff, the local beer is nice and the spirits are generous, strangely there is no local rum option but all others are covered. The staff serving the tables are superb also.

The main restaurant was my main area of disappointment and the reason this isn't 5 stars. The food is very good for an All Inc resort if you get there early. It opens at 7 and if your not in early you may find you need to wait for a table until after 8/8:30 and at this time some of the fresh cook items are not available and the outside BBQ is closing down. We found if you weren't in by 7:30 you couldn't guarantee a table. The staff in the main restaurant compared to all the other staff were unreliable. Some were great and helpful but at least half those we came across were not bothered and you had to chase one down to get a drink/water or extra cutlery. This area needs improvement in my opinion particularly around organisation and staff attitude.

The Italian restaurant was amazing, you get a 6 course meal with options for each, we thought this may be buffet items presented differently but it was all fresh cooked and presented immaculately. You could splash out on wine but the local is available for free. I would highly recommend you do this at least once, we waited until the end of the week but you can go again for 5 euros a head and we would have tried the Turkish restaurant if we'd known how good it was. It was the highlight of the holiday.

This was my 2nd visit here, the first being 5 yrs ago and although they are redecorating inside there is signs of the externals looking old. The shops around the amphitheatre look like your average high st with some closed up, the amphitheatre was not in use, not sure if this is another pre-season issue. I would recommend this hotel but looking at some of the new ones that have gone up around it I will be trying a more modern one next time.

Room Tip: Aim for 1st or 2nd floor if possible to remove the need to wait for the lifts which are slow and con...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Steven G
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, General Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Merhaba (Hello) Steven.

We hope you and your family are all well, settled back in Sheffield, West Yorkshire, UK and everyone is in good health.

We thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to submit your frank and forthright views and share with our community will be encouraged by your review should they be coming/returning to our hotel in the near future or perhaps contemplating booking our hotel for the first time.

Please kindly accept our heartfelt thanks, gratitude and appreciation on behalf of everyone associated with the Liberty Hotels Lara family.
We are delighted you chose to return back. It very conveniently coincided with our `new look` Liberty Hotels Lara since your last visit five years previously. You have highlighted a number of features and benefits from the recent renovations and refurbishments which has brought the Liberty Hotels Lara in line with contemporary trends.

We were encouraged by your constructive critique and assessment of your stay with us. The Easter holiday period is classed as the winter season, therefore as stated in the brochures the outdoor facilities may not be available, however due to the favourable weather conditions we were able to open all of our outdoor eating outlets and facilities with the exception of the pier as the weather can turn at any given time. Once the weather has stabilised towards the middle of May, the pier will be fully decked and the VIP Cabanas made available to further enhance our customers holiday experience.

We have noted your concerns whereby we will address the anomalies you have kindly brought to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies in this respect.

We also thank you for your positive comments which were most heartening. Your overall evaluation will be taken into consideration at our next General Management meeting with a view to further improve our services and facilities.

We would like to wish you a life full of good health, peace, happiness and prosperity. The Liberty Hotels Lara family looks forward to the day we welcome you back with open arms for your third time.

Mr Sebahattin Asi,
General Manager.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was are first trip to turkey and on the whole we enjoyed are stay. We travelled as a couple and found the hotel to be ok. It would be great for a family with younger children as there loads for them to do. I didn't like the over 16's pool found it a bit breezy and seemed to be in the shade most days. We did find a quiet spot near the main pool that got plenty of sun and was on a raised platform so was out of the way. the hotel was very clean the cleaning staff were always around tidying up and considering the size of the hotel you never saw any litter about. The rooms were plenty big enough for two, but I imagine a family of four my not have enough cupboard space, again the rooms where very comfortable and the maids very nice and always had a smile. the food was really very good but sometimes was not as hot as it could be and by the end of the 11days was becoming a bit repetitive. A over 16's restaurant would be nice It may have been the time of year (April) but there didn't seem to be enough waiting staff around, saying that they were always friendly and helpful. The staff in the lounge bar always had a smile even when I asked for a banana dacaquiry. which is not on the all inclusive and they had to go and get the banana's and blender to make one for me. A big thank you to Mustafa if you need any help at all speak to him on customer relation he is only to willing to help. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends with children. I couldn't fault it. if you are a couple it may not be for you unless to like being around children and the hussel and bussel they bring.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sea view otherwise may land up facing the hotel next door and the road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Merhaba (Hello) Christine,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
It was pleasing to discover that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the hotel’s facilities. We are aiming to provide excellent services at all times.

Please be assured that we will do everything in order to improve the reported issues.
Your comments are therefore much appreciated, Your well being is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I don't usually bother writing reviews but feel this hotel really deserves one !! I can not find any fault at all with this hotel or the service we received , iv been many times to turkey but this hotel is outstanding ! From the moment we arrived till the moment we left !! All the staff were amazing and if you stay and get a chance to spend time with mustafa ( guest relations ) please do ! He is one of the most genuine interesting men We have had the pleasure to meet ! He is warm and friendly and will bend over backwards to help !! He was amazing with my disabled son and a credit to the hotel !! Thank you mustafa !!! And a message from Ricky ...." Mustafa ....... " xxxxxxxx

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Pussell
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Yönetici at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Merhaba (Hello) Pussell,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about Liberty Hotels Lara. It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Antalya, and we are glad to hear that you had a relaxing stay with us.

Thank you very much for pointing out your overall satisfaction with the hotel. The fact that we could impress you with our excellent service is also a very important point for us, as a hotel lives of its service quality, Mustafa says hello to you…!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. In the meantime, we remain at your disposal.

Sincerely and with warm regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for one week back in November 2013. We wanted a cheap, last minute holiday, and to somewhere we'd never been before. We booked this holiday through Thompson, and couldn't have been happier with our holiday. Our Thompson Rep greeted us at the airport and was very informative and really helpful - She visited us at the hotel throughout our stay and helped us with questions about visiting local areas and booking day trips for us. All very easy. The hotel was really nice, and clean throughout. The rooms were of a good size, and had everything we needed. There was a huge range of food to chose from every day, and I don't think we ate the same thing twice! The omlettes were to die for, and the fresh pizzas from the pizza hut outside were fantastic. The pool outside was far too cold to go in (even though we did brave it for about 15 minutes) but this is only because of the time of year, I'm sure. It wasn't hot enough to enjoy a swim outdoors, which is a shame, because the pool looked amazing! The indoor pool was nice and we relaxed in the spa. We didn't indulge in any treatments though, because of the price, but the sauna and turkish spa are free of charge, and just as relaxing. Definitely reccommended. The staff were all really helpful and friendly - They were polite and we couldn't fault a single person there. The evening entertainment was pretty good. something for everyone on each night. And the cocktails were lovely. Plently to sample (and free shots to go with them most of the time!!) Lots of cats about - But if like me, you're a cat lover, you'll find them all over the hotel grounds, and in their little cat house! They are so friendly and will come and sit next to you by the pool. They didn't seem to beg people for food whilst sat outside eating, so don't be put off. Not much around the hotel grounds, but we hardly went off site, apart from a couple of day trips. There's so much to do in the hotel, you don't really need to wonder far. Loved the holiday - We'd definitely go back (when the weather is warmer, to avoid the thunder storms!) Great value for money and friendly people - What more could you ask for!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vickylou88

Merhaba (Hello) Vickylou,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on tripadvisor. We appreciate your patronage and your compliments on our beautiful hotel, amazing staff and delicious food.

We are always happy when our guests post such positive comments on our team and we are delighted that they made such a great impression on you during your stay. The team here at The Liberty Hotels Lara love to go the extra mile to welcome and help all our guests and they love to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

We hope we have the please of welcoming you back again and thank you for telling others about your stay with us.

Regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

To be honest over the past 3/4 years we have been fortunate to stay at some great hotels in outstanding locations and it has to be said that the Liberty hotel managed to surpass all of them in one way or another. It's difficult to say something that has not already been said by many of the great reviews listed by our fellow travellers.
I could bleat on about the wow factor as you first enter the hotel, the rooms are just about perfect or maybe talk in depth about the restaurant quality freshly made pasta available at lunch time, or quite possibly some of the best choices and quality I have ever encountered in any all inclusive buffet, the exceptional service and people is what really makes this hotel stand out from the crowd.
My advise to you by all means read as many reviews as you like but based upon my stay you will be left wanting more, we were and we are now planning on returning later in the year

Room Tip: Ask for even number on rooms as these carry the best views
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank richard e

Merhaba (Hello) Richard,

We appreciate that you have become a part of our Liberty Hotels Lara family! One of our favorite things here is to know our guests and greet them when they return.

Thank you so much for letting us know about your wonderfully inspiring words about the recent holiday stay. We are truly glad and honored to hear that property itself and the team were making sure that you felt at home and cared during your stay. We will be passing your nice comments to everyone who has taken part in this great experience!

We look forward to welcoming you ,your family members and friends on many occasions.

Yours sincerely,