“Brilliant stay”

Liberty Hotels Lara
Ranked #4 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Myself, husband, 2 children aged 6&7 and my parents stayed here from 27/09 to 12/10.

Our room was on the first floor- it did look a bit tired but the hotel is due to be refurbished soon and this will be sorted. That said the room was clean and the mini bar and toiletries were stocked up. Nice touched like slippers and the air conditioning had no problems.
We have stayed in Lara beach before at the Concorde but liberty lara was definitely better. The food was great every night so much so that we didn't bother going to the restaurants on site.
The alcohol was of a good quality and the wine was nice. Staff at the hotel were friendly and attentive.
The facilities were good and the slides were used well by my children.

I visited the gym which was basic but ok.

We hired a cabana on the pier one day which was 65 euros but the service and experience was worth it.

My daughter joined the hotels kids club during the last week and enjoyed having her face painted and making cookies. The children also went on a kids banana boat trip which was excellent and they really enjoyed it.

The entertainment on a night time in the amphitheatre was of a high standard and we saw some amazing acrobats and dancing.

The gala night was good including childrens cocktails and appetisers.

My daughter had her hair braided whilst there which was lovely and I recommend having the exfoliating peel and massage which was about £20 but it meant I tanned really well and my skin felt lovely and soft.

There were a few niggles like the pools were absolutely freezing despite temperatures of 29c and as I said the tiredness of the rooms but I would definitely go back again without hesitation.

There is something for everyone

Hers to booking our next trip

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Hatter2004
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Hatter,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Liberty Hotels Lara. We are grateful for your kind words and for the time spent in writting your detailed comments in www.tripadvisor.com.
We are so glad that you did enjoy our food and drinks, accommodations, and found our staff friendly.
We are especially pleased to learn that we have met your expectations and that you would stay with us again in your future trips to Antalya.
It would be an honor to have you as our guests again and look forward to your return. Thanks again for the great feedback and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I read the reviews before booking with Thomson and we stayed for one week (a group of friends) from 11th-18th oct. I would say overall we had a good holiday but I find some of the reviews to be extremely positive about some aspects that I can't say I experienced. The good points: rooms are clean and good size, fresh cooked pizza and pasta at lunch is very nice and choice of food at mealtimes is pretty good. The adult silence pool is really nice and the private VIP cabana on the beach is great (although this is extra charge). The bad points: we didn't find the staff friendly, most of the waiting staff we found to be pretty average they didn't really say hello to us or help out. They seemed to be understaffed. At dinner in particular it was difficult to get a table and then when you did there was usually long wait to get table laid with cutlery glasses and a drink. The bar lady in the lobby was quite rude, appeared to huff when you asked for a drink! The main issue we had was the air conditioning in that it does not exist. We complained numerous times to the rep and hotel reception but it was turned off at night meaning for a very hot and sleepless night. In the week we were there temperatures were on some days over 30 degrees in the daytime but yet air con turned off around 11pm. Never been in a hotel before where this has happened and I probably wouldn't stay again because of this. I think it should be up to individuals to choose if they want it on or off. We found the way the staff dealt with complaints was also very defensive and dismissive. The final bad point was that my friends shoes went missing from the room. Reception staff didn't help or offer any suggestions! I guess they are ok with theft occurring?

I think the hotel is ok, I've been to worse and there are good points but I'm not quite sure it is deserving of the rave reviews

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Elf1981
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Food is excellent. Lunch includes pasta, pizza, burgers, chicken, BBQ , salads and hot meals at four locations indoor and out. Dinner outside BBQ, indoor many selections of hot and cold food. Mr Kipling would be proud of the cakes counter I have never seen such a selection. Absolutely weight enhancing. There are also three specialist restaurants, Turkish, Italian and Asian. We got one free visit per week and went to the Turkish and the Italian which were both first rate. The Asian was closed. Three bars were open and service was superb. One oddity white rum was not included in the AI, so no Caribbean cocktails?
Room was a reasonable size with hairdryer and tea making. Cleaned well and sheets and towels changed regularly. Mini bar refilled daily at no cost. Safe 2 Euros per day
Four pools. One for over sixteen’s. One indoor with Gym area, which was free. Children’s pool with slides and finally a large pool with water three slides. These pools are well maintained but were cold. The first week the weather was cold and the water temperature was very cold. When it warmed up they got warmer but were still too cold. We like to swim regularly but the first six days only went in twice, next week once a day. We did go in the sea which was much warmer. Little point in have great pools if they cannot be used properly. I have marked down because of this. Beach was good but unable to get a sunbed after nine as there were all covered in towels, not people, but staff would bring beds from pool areas if asked. It was quiet when we were there may not be the case in the height of season. Sea was not too cold.
Nightly entertainment was good and well attended followed by a disco.
There are cats in the grounds which have their own house and are very friendly and never jump on tables or pestered. The children loved the two kittens. Wonderful.
Little to do outside the hotel apart from a few shops. The bus to Antalya runs every 20 minutes costs 2 TL ( 70P) and takes 45 minutes to the town centre. A good day, or evening out.
If you want a hotel close the bars and restaurants this may not be for you. Overall this is a great Hotel with exceptional facilities and very helpful staff. Only the cold pools let it down, shame

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AllanKent
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I spent 7 days at this hotel from 10th September to 17th to celebrate our honeymoon, I became very poorly on the 16th with acute gastro and sickness problems, collapsed in the airport but managed to get home. A confirmed case of Salmonella was confirmed when I got home, I only ate at the hotel. My husband was also poorly during our stay, I was very very poorly for 14 days. We can never bring back our honeymoon, so disappointed with this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Elizabeth B
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are very dissapointed to be valued as “Honeymoon Nightmare”as a heading of your review. Every day we serve food products to more than 800 guest and nobody has reported us or our doctor Office for a gastroenterologic problem because of food especially during the period you stayed with us. We always pay attention to Health & Safety standarts and these are periodically controlled by international quality&standarts companies.
Also you mentioned that you had 14 poorly days with us but when we check our and thomson rep. records we could not find any request or complaints from you during your stay.
In conclusion,We hope we have a chance again to welcome you in our hotel because we have an opportunity to show you all our HACCP registrations for food products saving from 2005 till now and the reports and awards of the important Health and safety firms such as National Britainia , BIX etc.

Kind Regards,

Sebahattin ASI
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I brought my family here for a holiday in October and certainly would not be returning nor would I recommend.

The rooms are extremely hot and we was advised the air conditioning is turned off at 11pm as the manager does not deem it hot enough to have it on. We cannot leave the door open as there is so much noise from the disco next door and my two children would not sleep because of the heat and noise

We requested a fan and even after asking a couple of times this was never delivered not my the staff, reception not the Thompson rep.

The restaurant is below average with cold food and rude staff.

The pools are very cold, and slides shut even from the 17th October.

Would never have booked this hotel and would not recommend

• Stayed: October 2013
9  Thank Selina R

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time to post your comments on our tripadvisor page.it is sadness for us to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay about air-con.That s why you do not think to come back. But once again we would like to clarify this situation that We have full automatic central air conditioning system and it may be flexible depending on the weather conditions. Example: In the months of Autumn, the aircon may need to be switched on after 23 degrees centigrade. Once 23 degrees has been reached, then it will be switched on. Once the settings have been made, they usually are unable to be altered again,
On the other hand during your stay especially after 9:00 pm the temperature was usually less than 21 degrees (16 – 18 deg.)
If the system of Central Air conditioning units has a weather condition like this, it stops operating cool air.

On the other hand we are always proud of our staff regarding gentility and friendly and you can see this on all reviews. but this time you mentioned that the staff was rude , i wish you did contact us about this during your stay.

In order to change your negative experiences into positive , we hope you may give us a chance We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future to make your holiday more comfortable and enjoyable.

Sebahattin ASI
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was dissapointed to read the few recent reviews over the last few weeks about this hotel.we returned yesterday after a weeks stay and I can't say enough positive comments about it. The cabbanna on the beach we booked for three days and it did not dissapoint.mustava is wonderful and genuinely happy to please.The food is outstanding and so much choice.I would say the food from the sunset bar was a little cold but we put that down to being served on the pier.The staff are fabulous and can't do enough for you.Yes the rooms are due a return which is due this winter but I would have no hesitation in re booking.In fact I would not risk another as I feel it would be a mistake. The pools were spotless and yes leaves do fall from trees. in relation to the cats I think what they do is indeed advertised and is a lot better than seeing Ferrell animals loose scrounging and suffering.The hotel are to be commended for this and people who want to live in a world with blinkers on should stay at home so the rest of us can appreciate the beauty and privelidge of life's luxuries such as the Lara beach.we will return....thank you to you all.A pleasure to have had your services.

Room Tip: All have partial sea views but the side rooms do have noise from bin collections etc.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank butphez
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Butphez,

First of all, thank you very much for your review and pictures on TripAdvisor, your opinion is highly apreciated.
We are so glad to know that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your experience with us! If we managed to create emotions and memories, than we can say our goal was met.
Also we are pleased that you found our food outstanding, our staff fabulous and you support our cat house.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest!

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the liberty in August for 2 weeks and had a fantastic time from walking in to leaving .the weather was very hot the beach was brilliant the food was the best I have had on all of our all inclusive hotels we have visited over the past 10 years and the choice of food was endless .we could always find a sun bed at one of the many pools at anytime of the day and the staff were always there to help with any little problem and if they could not help the customer relations team solved your problem even when we returned to the uk the customer relations team helped us as we had misplaced some photos we had taken by the hotels photographers we emailed the hotel and they then got the photographer to email us with The pictures we had lost so we can now look and remember about our fantastic stay the the liberty hope to visit again very soon Ian Jeanette & Lucy

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ian054

Dear Ian Jeanette & Lucy,

We thank you for taking the time to share this very nice comment on Trip Advisor following your stay in August.
We are happy to read that you appreciated the brilliant beach, the endless food, the helpful staff and the hot weather as well! It is really important for us to know that our clients will keep good memories of their stay.
Also guest relations try their best to make every guest experiences the most amazing & enjoyable ones as well as the hotel. We are happy that you got your pictures to remember us!

Thanking you again for your appreciation. We do look forward to welcoming you back among us in the near future.

Yours sincerely,