“A wonderfull Antalya Holiday”

Liberty Hotels Lara
Ranked #4 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
Bremen, Germany
“A wonderfull Antalya Holiday”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

It was a wonderfull stay, we habe enjoyed. It directly on the coast of Antalya. The rooms the staff and the food is very good. We like Entertainment team, they try make us Happy everytime. The biggest surprise were for us the nice decorations on our bed. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good they have side sea views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vanessa B
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Vanessa,

A wonderfull Antalya holiday : ) we are happy to hear this sentence. The sun is shining 300 days in a year in Antalya and our staff is smiling 365 days in the year for you.

Kind Regards from Antalya

Your Liberty Lara Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stockach, Germany
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I loved it from start to finish..
The staff is always friendly and speaks a lot of languages.
But the best was the food :)
It was (and I think it's still) tasty :D
There is food for everyone :) (Children, Parents, Vegetarian, Vegan, Meat lovers ...)

I love Liberty Hotels Lara and I'll come back next year :)
Thank you for unforgettable impressions and holidays!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Selinchen
Dear Selinchen,

That make us proud to read this nice sentence,

,,I love Liberty Hotels Lara and I'll come back next year :)
Thank you for unforgettable impressions and holidays!! "

Thank you so much and see you next year again your Liberty Team..
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here in September and all I can say is it's amazing. Have stayed in Libertys in oludeniz and Hisaronu and this one did not disappoint. Excellent food, rooms, staff and entertainment especially liked salsa :) hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Kerry B
Hello Kerry,

First of all we would like to thank your for choosing Liberty Hotels Lara.

We are so happy that you were in our different Hotels, Liberty Hotels Lara, Liberty Hotels Hisarönü and Liberty Hotels Lara. We are in west Turkey Fethiye and in south Turkey Antalya.

We would be happy to can welcome you again in one our hotels again.

Kind Regards
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for a week in May (4 Adults 3 children 9,7,15 months) bit disappointed when pulled up outside but was very short lived as we walked in to a beautifully lit reception with the glass fronted lifts with a variation of colours lighting them up all the room doors face out into reception area all the way upto the 8th floor. it was brilliant loads for the kids to do first choice kids reps were brill and when the first choice kids club wasnt open the hotel run kids club was, so there was always something for the kids to do, my oldest children were never once bored they were in the pool from breakfast till it was time to go back to the room they made quite a few friends and were with them everyday, there was three massive waterslides which were open most of the day which was for adults aswell as kids which my partner thoroughly enjoyed aswell. If you didn't want to go back to main restaurant for dinner there was fresh stonebaked pizzas which were served on a wooden board for you to take back round the pool if you wished and a pancake lady which there was always a queue for as they were both gorgeous definitely worth the wait and another little section that did jacket potatoes these were situated in a yoruk tent at the bottom of the complex next to the sunset bar and for anyone who hasnt been to turkey before there is normally a pancake lady in most hotels they make fresh pancakes with either sugar or spicy potato and cheese on a hot plate and they are lovely. The sunset bar which over looks the pool, beach and sea also did snacks throughout the day you were never stuck for something to eat and never too far away from a bar to get a drink whether it be alcoholic or just a soft drink .The hotel staff were amazing there was different games on throughout the day from target shooting to darts and everyone always gathered round to watch the pool games and do the pool dance which was loved by everyone old and young. There is also the option of going out on to the jetty and having your own private area and be waited on all day this was at a cost of £60 for the day and we probably would have done this as it worked out at roughly £10 each which isn't bad but we had a 15mth old baby with us and i was worried about her falling of the jetty, their was other families with small children on there and they had a little fence put round but it was just my own choice and my own peace of mind.The staff were always around to help with anything nothing was a problem and they were always dressed immaculate in smart clothing and again on a night there was loads of choice in the resaturant and you could sit inside or out there was always a choice of stir fry on a evening aswell which you picked your own ingredients to give to the chefs. The rooms were very clean and towels were changed nearly everyday probably would be everyday if we had remembered to leave the dirty ones in the bath. I cant fault this hotel one bit the only thing i can say is they need a few more highchairs but we never had to wait long for one everything was lovely the rooms were basic but we only were in them to sleep and get changed.

Room Tip: E-mail the hotel and ask for rooms next to each other if you are going with other people i did this...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah H
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The rooms are fantastic, anything you ask for takes only a few minutes, the only extra you need to pay is a safe in your room, local cocktails and beer is free and good.
Three ,glass fronted lifts whisk quickly to your floor landing, or if you are feeling energetic you can climb the fantastic spiral staircase. There are 2 further lifts for staff use, but the Germans seem to think that "staff use only" means " German Use".Although we had some fantastic weather for December some evenings were cold, and storms absolutely fantastic and frightening We did have temperatures low to mid twenties but the extensive outdoor pools were too cold to use, and there is also a quiet pool, but the indoor heated pool was great. There are 2 water slides for outdoor use. There is a gym, Turkish bath and sauna, all free to use, if you want a massage then you need to pay. one point to note is the rooms are very warm because the aircon had been put onto winter settings which would be ok for locals. you can turn it off, but the residual heat in the system seems to filter through

FOOD.
the food is tremendous, always plenty of choice, always well presented, you can have a stirfry if the weather is fine with whatever is on that day and watch the flames leap into the sky, there is always an extensive salad bar, and many many other dishes available. If you cannot find any thing you like here then stay at home with your fish and chips and bacon butty, there is no pork here of course!. Deserts fill an enormous servery and there could not be any more choice, and an extensive range of fresh fruit is always available.There is an Al a carte restaurant which you can visit free once for each of your stay, or for just 5 euros each any time. it serves A Turkish meal 3 days and Italian meal also for 3 days, closed on Wednesdays

THOIMPSON REPS
Mustaffa and Farah are wonderful, very very knowledgeable always available, and polite, nothing is too much trouble, but never in your face. Mustaffa put so much into his work providing fact sheets, and information and is a master of presentation both on transfers and at the welcome meeting. Other Thompson reps could really learn a lot from these two.

ANIMATION TEAM
I am sure that in the summer months they will organize more outdoor events but they provided entertainment each evening while we were there and organizes the Christmas decorations, much work put in here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JohnHolmfirth
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just spent a week at this FANTASTIC HOTEL, we arrived Friday 7th December and Departed Friday 14th December, 2012. Within the first 24 hours were were planning our next visit to the Liberty Hotel!!!!! What amazing staff, from start to finish you are treat like royalty, the Management at Liberty seem to leave no stone unturned and are very much on the ball. Our room was on the 8th floor and we had an amazing view, to the right the mountains and to the left the water, what a view to wake up to on a morning, could not ask for anything more. Our room was spotless, and i mean spotless! The food choice was mind boggling, there was so much to choose from, every single person is catered for and do not believe anyone that puts otherwise!!! The staff were so warm, friendly and helpful and their aim was obviously to make your stay as enjoyable as humanly possible. We just can't believe how friendly, polite and generous Turkish people are, at first we were a little apprehensive, but, we are just not used to this in the UK. Having said this the hotel is due for updating next year and some things were a little tired. The Thomson Holiday Rep Mustaffa was very informative and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We needed some medical assistance and Mustaffa told us where to go and this saved us a fortune. Many, many thanks Liberty, wishing you and all your staff the best of everything for 2013.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Janine A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

After reading the good reviews on this hotel I thought we had made a great choice for our holiday, HOW WRONG WAS I. I emailed the hotel general manager Mehmet Bicer before our holiday to kindly ask if he could allocate us a nice room as it was our special anniversary in October, let's just say he did exactly the opposite.

This hotel is listed as a 5 Star, and one of Thomsons premium hotels (WHAT A JOKE). I was totally disgusted about the quality of this accommodation from the moment we arrived to our departure date. We didn't arrive until the early hours of the morning due to a delay with our Thomson flight going out, when we finally got to our room (3116) I couldn't believe what I was seeing, the room was dirty very run down and very dated and certainly not to the standard of a 5 Star hotel. I've stayed in better 3 Star hotels in fact. I will try to make this review as brief as possible with my reasons to why I was totally unhappy.

The room that the general manager Mehmet Bicer gave us was nothing short of disgusting with mould growing on the tiles, chips taken out of tiles, dirty floors, the wooden bathroom door was so rotten at the bottom, everyday bits of Wood were falling off & onto the floor which I had to pick up daily as my daughter got a splinter in her foot after only being there a few hours. The bedroom area was tiny for a Family of 4, there were scratches all over the wooden floor along with cigarette burns on the bedside table, chips were also taken out of furniture, the mini bar was again so rotten with bits of wood falling off, I wouldn't let a animal eat or drink out of there let alone my Children, we didn't touch the mini bar for our entire trip due to this very poor hygiene and only used it to keep our own drinks cold.
There were dirty marks on every wall in the room with rubbish left under our beds from previous guests. Paint flakes were coming off the wall and the general hygiene and finish in the room was extremely poor.
The following morning I made the complaint to reception who were very rude and also unhelpful and told me I would have to see Mustfa the Thomson rep. I did exactly that and he was also no help and very rude. As I was very unhappy with this hotel I kindly asked to be relocated to another hotel, which Mustfa replied you have NO CHANCE, Don't you know we have celebrations going on in Turkey at the moment and all the hotels were full, this was without even making any calls to check the availability, I must admit I found this very hard to believe. I went back to reception with my complaint and their reply was that they understood that the rooms need updating but there is nothing they can do for at least 3 to 4 days until some other guests leave. After 4 days in this terrible hotel I went back to reception for them to tell me that there was 1 room they could allocate us, so before I disrupted my family again and packed our cases I asked if I could see the room first. They took me up to a 5th floor room which was exactly the same as the one we had been given, by this time I was banging my head against a brick wall. I told them I was disgusted with this Liberty Hotel and I would be making a formal complaint to Thomson on my return to the UK which I have since done. They didn't even seem bothered, Great customer service don't you think.
The holiday went from bad to worse as the grounds and facilities were no way near what you would expect from a 5 Star hotel. I will also make this list brief as possible and back up my review with photographs so please have a look at them.
The family water slides had large oil drums piled up just to the side of the pool where I saw kids climbing on them and jumping off, it’s bad enough having them on the complex but by the swimming Pool is something else. How on earth does Thomson allow this to happen as this is serious breach of health and safety. The litter bins around the Pool were painted Oil drums with rubbish bags in them, certainly not what you would expect from a 3 star hotel let alone a 5 Star one. In many corners of the hotel there were areas just used to dump rubbish one of these areas you could see from the main Restaurant while eating which was a nice touch.
At time of booking the Thomson Sales advisor assured us that all the facilities in the Hotel were open and the hotel was running a full service in October which certainly wasn't the case as the hotel had some of the restaurants closed along with the drinks station around the Pool and other areas were also not open. The staff levels were very poor, we were always waiting to be served and were having to wait for the tables to be cleared before sitting down to eat. We would never have booked this Hotel in a Million Years if we would have known the very poor standard of accommodation, let alone having some of the the facilities and Restaurants closed. I always say when reading reviews that talk is cheap so I have added photographs to show you what we were dealing with during our stay. I hope this will help anyone from making the expensive mistake we made. There are far better hotels in Antalya than the Liberly Lara Beach, so if i was you i would not believe the good reviews like we did, to be honest I'm still very shocked when i read them, i just can't see what people are basing their reviews on, each to their own i suppose but we would never return if it was the last hotel on earth.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Juniebabe65
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to see your comments that non of the hotels could make you happy on your previous holidays. I am also sorry to see such a holiday mantality based on finding negative points and faults. You are right about the old furniture issue in rooms which I declared this point in my previous answers. As your request, I have upgraded your room free of charge in an upper category. I don't understand why you are still blaming me. Some of the pictures you have uploaded to site are from the areas which you were not allowed to enter as entrance is only for authorized emloyees. Zooming with a camera in closed areas of the hotel is not an ethic on our side of view.

Also we are still trying to find the place where some of the pictures were taken. As an important fact you have taken some of the pictures in the morning of a heavy rain and stormy night. We understand this was a great opportunity which shouldn't be missed by you, thank you.

Tin casks (oil drums as you mentioned) which we are using as a party bistro table in some events are used all over the world and do not have a risk about hygiene.

The most interesting fact in your review is the negative comments on staff and food. You can find the real answer from % 99 of the previous reviews about staff & food.

On the other side your were also not happy with Thomson Rep Mustafa. For your information he was choosen number one in the world in 2011, number 1 in Antalya in 2012 with the votes of Thomson guests.

As a summary of your review, your previous hotels were dissapointing, our hotel was disgusting, Thomson rep and our staff was rude and you were the best! We wish you can find a hotel which offers you a pleasant stay and endless happiness next time.