“50th Birthday 27/11/1962”

Ranked #4 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Manchester, United Kingdom
“50th Birthday 27/11/1962”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

What an experience. Loved it from start to finish .. Greeted with champagne and a rose .. Staff could not do enough to please .. Food was 1st class .. Was a bit apprehensive on an all inclusive .. But the food was varied every day .. so much variety and they catered for vegetarian/vegan and meat lovers .. Would recommend this hotel to anyone .. There are some impressive hotels on the outside .. And this does not stand out .. But on speaking to other residents who have stayed at other hotels nearby. This was the best by far for food ..

Room Tip: If a couple go request 4104 .. Great view and massive balcony
10 Thank Gracie892
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Gracie,

Happy birhday again ! We wish you health, happiness and luck in you new age. Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your birthday. Your recommendation is the highest form of flattery you could pay us and we are very thankful for it! By the way as Galatasaray fans we also would like to thank Manchester United team for helping us to win the match in Istanbul. :) We hope to see you back again soon. Until then, safe travels!

Time To Build Friendship

Liberty Hotels LARA Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (710)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Liberty Lara from 23rd – 30th November 2012.

I would just like to start off by saying thank you to all the staff there, they were all great. The hotel was lovely there wasn’t anything that wasn’t available. If I could rate it more than 5* then I will!
Collecting us from the airport and everything was on time; departure very well organised, check in also swift, room allocation excellent!

I would like to thank individual staff by starting off with Mustafa the First Choice rep, he was great extremely lovely, very understanding and kind person he is also a lovely person to speak with. Very hard working even takes calls on his day off!

Now to the front desk reception staff Suleiman is lovely funny guy always there to say hello and smiling and there was also a young lady who was extremely helpful. The whole front desk team were great few of the others cant remember the names but they were also very sweet. Our door stopped working the card reader they had it fixed for us within an hour was great. The night team on the front desk were also wonderful. Murat one of the night staff really nice our cards weren’t working he fixed it without complaining lol. Don’t keep cards with mobile phones it messes up.

The Bar team, Hussein usually in the lobby or silent pool bar, is a lovely person he was great ever so sweet and helpful, he was very attentive they would always ask if you wanted a drink or anything else, really nice. I hope someone can thank him on our behalf and hope to keep in touch with him really nice guy. There was little Ibrahim always smiling very sweet talkative easy going, great to speak to. There was also Faith who was at the bar or in the restaurant lovely again sweet attentive. And Servet very nice bar man usually at the select bar, very nice friendly very attentive again.

Then there was the restaurant team, who were lovely again , chefs thank you for all the lovely food amazingly hard working amount of food served wow, you’ll never go hungry (although I am not much of a food person) their food was great. The waiters were great didn’t have chance to speak to many hence why there aren’t any names but all were very lovely and again attentive.

The entertainment team Oscar, Mali and SJ, amazing guys very funny friendly approachable these are the guys that do the activities during the day. SJ is a very nice guy shame I couldn’t say thank you before I left, I hope the guest relations manager can pass on the message from me, although I will be writing to individual departments to show appreciation. Games area there was Serhet great guy always joyful there to serve teach you how to play the games too.

However, most of these lot very decent guys lovely people, entertainment everyday something different at the hotel they even have mini disco for the children and bed time activities to help them prepare for bed really nice those that are going with family I think parents should take the children.

Without a doubt I will definitely go back there and will hope to see the people I have mentioned as they are the people who also made the holiday an even more memorable holiday. I think these guys deserve a pay rise Hotels director should personally come and see them and thank them for the hard work, I did see a manager but he wasn’t as nice as the staffs there, he sat in the corner and watched them which I think was wrong and made staff feel a bit at unease from what I could see, and I think that was wrong.

But overall amazing hotel very clean very organised, room service excellent I would like to also thank the ladies who would do the rooms for us, always come in with a smile. Housekeeping team were great. Before I went I was bit worried there might be insects and things etc, but I was so pleased and so comfortable didn’t think twice. Felt very safe and secure there.

I can go on but I think people really have to go there to experience it for themselves. :D

BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Minara1429
Dear Minara,

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us and great scores. We could not be more pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning Mustafa, Huseyin, Fatih, Oscar, Mali, İbrahim, Suleyman, Murat, SJ and Serhat by name. They are among the brightest stars on our staff and we will be sure to thank them for making your stay especially memorable. We are looking forward to your next stay. Until then, safe travels!

yeovil
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I thought this is a 5 star hotel. No it is not. More like a 4 star.Food was good as it was all inclusive. Pools were sort of shut as it was cold. Nice weather on some days. Lots of cats in the garden. there are some street dogs around also. Not far to go to the shops if you dont mind been pestered By the store keepers to buy stuff you dont want .Dont go for low bedrooms. Noisy as I thought as much! I was kept awake a few nights untill well past mid night by drunken British girls! Beach is good. Could do with some sun shades.Mustafa the rep was good. He was even apologizing for other folks mistakes! Yes the maids did make sculptures out of the duvet after I had made the bed myself and then had to remake it again, but they left nice flowers and I put them in a glass.In the dinning room the table clothes hang over the side and can slip and be dangerous. Also my bedroom only had ONE little dinning chair to sit on, so I sat on the bed.

Room Tip: Dont choose a 1st floor room. Higher floors might be better unless you want to be kept awake half th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank dipsygreencat
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. Despite your mixed review, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us overall. The question is ''What makes a hotel 5 star ?'' We all work to satisfy our guests during their vacation. Our staff, food quality and hygiene are the most important facts for us. According to most of tripadvisor reviews we think our hotel deserves to be a 5 star while being in top 5 around region. We respect your thoughts and would like to get more detailed information to ensure necessary improvements. We are establishing a shelter for the cats in the hotel soon. We hope to see you next time at Liberty Hotels Lara. Untill then,safe travels.

TIME TO BUILD FRIENDSHIP

Liberty Hotels LARA Team
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Lovely grounds, communal areas including restaurants and top quality food.
Staff were helpfull and made you feel special bring iced towels to the sun loungers and a cart of water melons going to the beach was refreshing in the heat.
Good bars where different sized water bottles, soft and alcoholic drinks could be obtained.
We used all the facilities so we're kept busy and the night time entertainment was good with a good atmosphere. If there wasn't as many facilities I feel like I would of been bored as i'm an active person and the hotel is just surrounded by other hotels and shops, no culture near by but the hotel did also offer a free shuttle bus into Antalya old city where there was lots of culture to see.
The rooms were comfortable and clean with a fully stocked drinks fridge the only thing I'd say was they could be modernised.
The food was good particularly the Al e carte restaurants, we had our free al e carte meal (BBQ out near the beach) but also paid to go to a different al e carte restaurant (Thai) as we were impressed by our first meal and it was so cheap for the second meal. The Thai was outstanding.
Would go back to the hotel just not sure there would be many more things for me to see in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
6 Thank Back2505
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had an enjoyable experience overall and we are pleased to hear it! Thank you for your kind feedback on our dining options. Upon your next visit, we recommend you to try Italian and fish A la carte restaurants.Until then, safe travels!

Time to build friendship

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here first week in November after booking with Thomson. We actually decided to book after reading all the good reviews on here.

Firstly some other reviewers say it isn't a 5* hotel...this is debatable but I would certainly say if not a 5* then a good solid 4*+ so do not have any concerns about staying here.

Despite our outbound flight being delayed by 7 hours (we were notified the night before so not left to sit at the airport thankfully) I have nothing but praise for Thomson and this hotel.

Being greeted by Mustafa our rep (who has impeccable English) just outside the Airport made everything so easy. A 20 minute transfer to out hotel with a little narration about the area and the country in general was great - after sitting on a plane for 4 hours I don't want to sit on a bus for hours too!

Hotel booking in was easy - the look of the hotel at night is very impressive. Other reviewers have said it looks dated on the outside....it doesn't until you see it's neighbours that have popped up in the last 3-4 years so understandably look much more modern.

Food at the hotel was great - breakfast inside and outside, fresh omelettes, fried/poached eggs as well as 30+ cereals, pancakes, dough, smoothies, more different breads than Tesco's and good old chips too. As this is a Muslim country no Bacon or any real Sausages.

Lunch again inside and outside but with much more choice, stir-fry's cooked to order - you choose what you want hand it over then they add what meat you want and cook it right infront of you - on a hot day the heat is unbearable but they (Guy called Nimat most days we stayed) work relentlessly and are always happy to serve you. Loads of grilled fish, chicken, salads etc etc.

Dinner is similar to Lunch but with a different theme each night - inside is again absolutely full of food and outside they really go all out with even more fresh food cooked infront of you.

Can honestly say I wasn't disappointed with the food during our stay. It was so varied you could eat Junk, Salads, Deserts, Grilled meats or whatever you wanted, no chance of getting bored.

The 2 Al Le Carte restaurants are to die for. The Turkish was very good but not as good as the Italian 'Bellini's'. 5 courses very well presented with table service. You get to eat at either 1 for free once if you stay for a week, then it's 5 Euros per person to eat again at either of them which is Money well worth spending so don't be tight like some people we spoke to who couldn't see what value it was.

All staff are Great, it's worth noting Antalya is mainly populated by other European tourists than Brits, mainly Germans and so the main second language spoken by most staff is German then English - that said there wasn't any difficulties communicating with the staff.

There was 1 incident where a member of staff did let himself and the hotel down in the way he spoke to us but this was just a misunderstanding and our rep sorted this out easily and I do believe he and the staff at this hotel make it an excellent choice for anybody wanting a good holiday.

We went the last sort of summer season week as it was - the slides were open the first half of our week which were great fun. Though the water in all pools was cold you just had to get in then it was fine.

What to do outside the hotel? Speak to Mustafa for advice on good restaurants if you want to eat away from the hotel 1 night as we did - he sent us to BurgerHouse which was good and easy to find with his excellent directions.

We both tried the Health Spa at the hotel - she enjoyed it I didn't. We spoke to some other guests on our last night and they said they went elsewhere and had an excellent time..I think in future I would look at what's available outside the hotel.

We both went Quad Biking 35 Euros each which we booked from the agent outside the 'Kundar Bazaar' where they sell all the local adventure tours and even hire cars - they might not look that legit but they are. Quad biking was great fun and definitely worth doing.

Don't bother with the £10 Antalya Tour offered by Thomson (Get the Bus LC38 which stops right outside the Hotel and is 1.75 Lira (75p) single each) otherwise you'll waste a few hours on the way back visiting a RIDICULOUSLY over priced Jewelry store where they try every trick in the book to sell you stuff marked up at 1000% + including saying prices are in Euros and not Turkish Lira....c'mon really? If you don't like being hassled by street vendors then you won't like this, it's interrogation from (CON)men in suits who won't leave you alone and don't take no for an answer - Thomson are aware of this and I'm surprised they still promote it.

Shopping in the old town of Antalya is fun and in the Old Bazaar (indoor Market) those guys know how to hustle but they're polite and very funny with it starting to speak in German then English when they realise you're not responding. Definitely check the guy on the corner selling the Turkish teas - he'll make plenty for you to try and is good at what he does, don't forget to haggle though if you see something you like. Offer half what they're asking for and let the games begin.

Most places will take Lira or Euro's but the hotel does a fantastic exchange rate so rather than change from 1 to another take Sterling and change it as and when you need it.

I didn't see many people tipping while we stayed and the tip boxes always sounded empty whenever we put loose change in during the week which is a real real shame as the staff work so hard round the clock and the hotel is such good value - don't be tight all inclusive or not. The tips are pooled so even if you wait until the end of the week it isn't much to chuck £20 per couple if you've had a good time and good service.

P.S Don't be surprised if Germans push in front of you at the bar or while being served food - many have no manners and will pretend they haven't seen you or that you even exist. Just smile and realise that being British means you at least have manners.

Thank you Thomson, Mustafa & Liberty Lara Hotel for a great holiday.

7 Thank Luke M
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Luke,

Thank you very much for your extremely generous and thorough review. We love hearing about our guests' experiences and it certainly sounds like you had an enjoyable one! Come from such a well-traveled guest, we are especially appreciative of your many praises and could not be happier with the level of service you were provided by our talented team. Thank you also for encouraging people about the tip issue :) We look forward to your next visit to Antalya. Until then, safe travels!

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Whilst not the fanciest 5 star hotel it has to be one of the friendliest we have stayed in. Basic but very clean rooms and firm comfy beds. Amazing food every meal, try the Italian and Turkish a la carte.... Wonderful! Gardens, pool and beach well tended. The staff make this place so special,nothing is too much trouble, all work so hard. Mustapha theThomson Rep was most helpful. We are returning for week in March, where will you find such value and service? Only criticism poor wifi in rooms. Thank you all for a great holiday!!

Room Tip: Some have large sea view balconies
4 Thank AmandaMark2012
Dear Amanda,

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your kind and wonderful review with us. We could not have been happier to hear your feedback and share it with our team. It sounds like you had a nearly perfect stay and we are pleased you noticed our staff's dedication to our guests. Creating memorable experiences is our main goal and it sounds like you experienced just that. Your recommendation is the highest form of flattery you could pay us and we sincerely appreciate it. We are working on the partial wi-fi access problem and it will be solved before your next visit. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in March.Until then, safe travels!

uk
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Dont be fooled by the outside of this hotel and it's sizeas it more than makes up for it with the standard of service, cleanliness and food. We stayed here with our toddler and had a fantastic time. Firstly the rooms weren't spacious but they were very clean with maids leaving quilt sculptures on the bed which our daughter loved. The food was amazing so much choice at every service,we also used the Thai restaurant as part of our all inclusive which was 7 courses which was also fantastic. We spent most of our time around the children's pool which wasn't deep and had some nice little water slides for the kids to use, if you are travelling without children there is an adult only pool which is nice and quiet.
This hotel was fantastic the staff were friendly and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank swiftylowrie
Dear Lowrie,

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had an overall pleasant experience with us and really enjoyed your stay over your holiday. We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback on our guest rooms, Thai Restaurant and pool area. We hope to see you and your pretty daughter again in the future. Until then, safe travels!