We had 10 days at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised. There were few English guests but this made for a more interesting stay and the hotel seemed to cater well for the vast range in needs of the various nationalities. The staff were able to communicate with all.
The range of food was immense, good quality and presentation. A huge amount of salads and fish. Plentiful food, frequently refreshed and there was always somewhere to sit. Mango snack bar is superb for waited on, grill/a la carte type menu.
We didn't have one of the grand rooms described previously, our twin bed room was basic but very clean and comfortable. The mini bar - with inclusive drinks, was refreshed daily. Robes, slippers provided, shampoo, conditioner, soap and cotton buds. Safe in room is free! Towel hire for pool towels is free. Antalya tower pool side, higher floors get the sun in the latest afternoon.
Housekeeping standards all round the hotel are very high, from rooms to public areas/poolside and restaurants and you constantly see cleaners in toilets, pool side, etc and it was spotless everywhere.
Floors in restaurant and pool side can be a bit slippy where there are any food/liquid spills and need some caution, which staff exercise well.
All inclusive drinks are not well listed, and are limited to local rather than imported drink. Vodka and gin, wine and lager are ok and you get plenty. Bar service can be a bit slow, it's a typical lobby style bar.
The animation team are very friendly and try to include everyone, we didn't find them pushy though and when people said no, they left them alone. The daytime activities are standard, aquagym, stepgym, pool games, shooting, darts etc. The evening entertainment ranged from average animation nights to spectacular visiting acts - brazil night and turkish nights were fantastic shows.
The gym is really good quality with a wide range of equipt.
Poolside sun beds were not a problem, pool very big and clean. The beach was ok - with a small snack bar.
Check in and out was quick and easy. We had no problem with reception. We checked out at midday but weren't being picked up till 8pm. The hotel stored our luggage and there were adequate facilities to shower, change, hairdry etc in the spa area.
Bus travel into Antalya is cheap and easy and it's well worth a visit to the old town which is lovely.
Speaking to other travellers on the way home, we were pleased we chose the Porto Bello, would go again and would recommend it to others wanting to stay in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Porto Bello Hotel is located at the Konyaalti Beach which is one of the longest stretch of beaches in the Mediterranean region,at the skirts of the "Beydaglari" Mountains, and only 8 km. away from the city center, a very popular area of Antalya. The comfortable rooms that are decorated with utmost care have both Sea and Mountain View. There are 8 Senior Suites, 28 Junior Suites, 28 Family rooms, 3 Handicapped rooms and 279 Standard rooms totaling up to 346 rooms. There are two pools, indoor and outdoor. The indoor pool is heated; the outdoor pool is 1500 sqm, and the indoor pool is 100 sqm. The Chaise Lounges, umbrellas and towels are free of charge. In the Children's Club, special programs are provided for children between the ages of 05 - 12. The beach has pebbly characteristics, and is connected to the hotel by a special tube passageway. The beach is 150 m long and 50 m wide. Palm Restaurant (main), A'la Carte Restauranta, Beach Bar, Sailor Bar, Cafe Porto, Vitamin Bar and Disco. Live music, 2 illuminated Tennis Courts, Beach Volleyball, Table Tennis are available. A unique experience to relax and regerate... The Porto Bello Spa Center welcomes you with variety of relaxing and revitalizing treatments, such as aqua gym, hydrotherapy, balneo, peeling, skin care and local slimming, sauna, massage and Turkish bath... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bello Hotel Antalya
- Porto Bello Hotel Resort And Spa
- Porto Bello Antalya
- Porto Bello Turkey