“I would definitely go back to this hotel”

Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #25 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Podgorica
“I would definitely go back to this hotel”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed for 9 days at this hotel during my summer holiday, as a part of a tourist package deal in August 2012 and I am very pleased with it. Accommodation is good, perhaps more of a 4 than 5 star hotel, as bathroom is rather mediocre for a 5 star hotel, but it is spotless clean, as well as the rest of the room. However, since you do not spend much time in the room anyway, I believe that it is enough for it to be decently furnished and spotless clean, as it is. Everything in the minibar was free of charge. The view from the room's balcony was excellent-both over the pool and the sea. It is true that staff at the reception desk have rather limited command of the English Language, but it seems that they speak Russian and German well, just like the other staff at the hotel. I have to emphasize an excellent service provided at the hotel restaurant, especially by Mehmet G., and delicious food, with great variety, especially baklava with pistacios.
One of the advantages of this resort is its proximity to the city centre and Antalya's tourist attractions, as a bus stop is within a 5 minute walking distance from the hotel. City busses are all air-conditioned and they can take you to any part of the city you wish to explore for only 0.70 euro, so that one can organize his/her time well during hot summer days. Migros shopping mall is very close and it offers good opportunity for an amazing shopping experience. If you do not like to organize your own time, hotel staff seem to be thinking about that too, as there are plenty of entertainment activities available at the hotel, with dance shows and live music provided in the evening.
Hotel beach is amazing, well maintained and with comfortable sun beds, with dirinks and snacks available right at the beach bar, all included in the all inclusive package, of course. You get clean, still warm, fluffy, beach towels from the hotel spa when you go to the beach, and you just present the card which you get when you check in, for a deposit of 10 euro, which you get back when you check out. Sea in August is warm and extremely clean at this hotel beach, which I was absolutely delighted with. There weren't many families with children, so that it was not noisy or unbearable to be in this hotel. I also had an excellent massage in the hotel spa centre, however I must admit it was a bit pricey-55 euros for 1 hour, compared to the other places I had been to before. All in all, this was a wonderful holiday for me and my friends and all of us would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank dragon_girl67
Aylin K, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2016
Thank you so much for taking your time for writing a review about our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important for us in order to continuously improve our hotel and service quality.
It is nice to hear that you had a good time at our hotel and you could enjoy your stay. We wish you all the best and are hoping to welcoming you again at our hotel.
Best Regard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Staff working in this hotel were rude and ignorant. There are different types of accommodation not all customers stay all inclusive therefore they constantly ask you your wrist bands and 3 times on 1 occasion to serve me a cup of coffee!!!
Although it is a seafront hotel all the rooms have side sea view. There are no rooms facing directly to the sea. I booked a sea view room and I had to watch locals washing hanging in their balconies. The hotel is surrounded by high block of flats!
The food was good. Dinner drinks are served by waiters and you need to wait for a very long time if you want a second one because they never come to ask if you need more, they only come back to clean the table. I stayed there in mid December and I can not imagine how they manage when it is high season.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank RhN-LdN
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The hotel is good, nice location, clean private beach and tasty food (especially turkish bakhlava with pistachos:) ) But it's an avarage 5 satrs hotel, not luxury. As for me the main advantage of this hotel is absence of the russians and families with a lot of noisy children... By the way, if you need to use public transport to get somwhere in Antalya, don't ask the staff at the reception cuz they are not aware of that at all

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mila S
Dalyan
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A second visit at new year. We were greeted by the bellboy with genuine pleasure of seeing us again, he is a charming man and always eager to help. The new's eve party was a great success although we found the music a little loud for us, probably an age thing! The only thing that marred our break was the damp weather to be expected at this time of the year. Looking forward to the next time.

Room Tip: Would recommend an inward facing room in Antalya tower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DavisonC
cyprus
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Like other travelers I can say that Porto Bello is not a 5 stars hotel, can’t be compared with Hilton or Marriott, but is a good hotel to stay for a couple of days.

Standard room was small, clean and very hot. I can imagine how hot is during the summer. We tried to use the AC but did not work and we cool down by opening the windows. The hotel is close to the main truck road so you have to support the noise. We did not receive slippers and bathrobe, so you need to take yours if you want to use the pool.
The view of the sea and mountains was nice.

The meals were fine, tasteful and lots of choice. Lots of synthetic juice, but no free fresh orange juice was served. There was plenty instant coffee, but no Turkish coffee, plenty tea bags but no authentic Turkish tea. In my opinion it does not worth to choose AI, better half board. After the breakfast you can go to visit the old town, have a lunch there and comeback for dinner. There are many things to do and lots of restaurants to eat there.

Gala room for New Years Eve was nicely decorated, everybody had received a personal invitation with the number of the table and the seat, the menu was tasteful and the music – a live band- was really good. People had fun and enjoyed the party. There was a photographer and took pictures to the guests which could be purchased next day for 10 TL.
Kids had fun too, Santa close, clowns and toys were in a separated room. Also, they could sleep in a dormitory arranged specially for that night, but there was a very strange smell in it something like mold. The food for kids was inappropriate – again, my opinion- French fries and deep fried sausages, very no natural drinks and lots of sweets. For my little one I barely found something “natural” to give him, but I noticed that other parents were fine with the “junk” food.

The pool was big enough and I liked that we were allowed to enter with our baby. But, the water was chili and there were no rules! All the kids and even adults (Turkish and Arabs) were jumping and splashing, so other people could not relax and enjoy. I saw many people leaving and we stayed only 20 min.
The other day, I use the gym – nothing special and then I use the pool until other father and kid started to jump and to splash.
The Jacuzzi was cold and nobody could use it.

The beach is long but not sandy and I do not recommend coming here for a summer holiday. As I wrote, is close to the main road with lots of trucks and pollution.

The hotel is 15 km far from the city center, 6 km from Migros Mall, but nothing special there and 5-6 km from Aquarium, Mini City – really nice place to visit and Dolphinarium. All the attractions can be reaching by bus 06, 08 on the Ataturk Boulevard, KC 05 from the main truck road.
Also we used bus 600 from/to airport! Buses are not expensive and go everywhere, but you have to know where you are going as many people don’t speak English. Anyway, everybody is trying to help you, people are nice and polite.

This was our second time in Turkey and we met only lovely people.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small, the hotel is close to the main truck road and is very noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank oanah
cesme
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for 4nights over Christmas, on AI basis, and it wasn't long enough.
Our luggage was taken from the taxi by the waiting porter. We were greeted by a smiling receptionist, who checked us in with speedy efficiency. She, like most of the hotel personnel, spoke English and all were polite, friendly and smart.. Although we arrived 2hrs earlier than the advertised 2pm checkin time, she told us that our luggage would be brought to our room immediately, and we would have time to freshen up before lunch which is served from 12.30pm.. The hot and cold buffet at every meal time was incredible, with a magnificent choice, although the hot food could sometimes not be quite hot enough. Maybe hotter plates, and a few microwaves for guest use would be the solution. All drinks were served by waiters-both in the bars and restaurants-who always seemed to know when your glass was empty, and even what you would like!!!! Outside of the allocated meal times, there always seemed to be something available. Snacks, cakes or soup. Room service was offered 24hrs and was very reasonably priced.
Christmas isn't normally celebrated in Turkey, but this hotel pushed the boat out on Christmas eve, by decorating the tables for their European guests, and even served pre-dinner cocktails, a Father Christmas with gifts for the kiddies, and piano music which created a lovely Christmas atmosphere. The hotel was already tastefully decorated with garlands and a huge Christmas tree.
Our room was standard, but really nice, and extremely clean and comfortable. Masses of hot water, too.I think all the rooms have a balcony with sea view.
The outdoor pool is enormous, though we didn't venture in(December)but downstairs there is an indoor pool, and Turkish bath, Sauna, Massage etc.etc.
Congratulations to the management and staff, and thank you for a perfect stay!

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a seaview, but perhaps all don't have a mountain view aswell, so ask for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank anniecesme
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel needs updating, staff on reception would not speak to me or my family in English, they spoke to my husband in Turkish. When we booked the hotel I requested a non-smoking room due to my asthma, when we checked in we found our room to be on the first floor looking at a brick wall on a smoking floor. The room smelt of stale smoke, bathroom was dull with a small shower cubicle and an old curtain. Reception manager told me (via my husband) there was nothing she could do because we had only booked an 'economy' room, I argued I had paid £1,000.00 for this holiday and refused to stay in that room. Finally they offered us a room on the 7th floor. Found the reception manager very rude. Notes we left for family members joining us later on in the holiday were not past on, we booked alarm calls in with the reception, and we were left to sleep in-be all the same what you had planned or where you needed to be. Obviously staff are incompetent at their job!!

I wouldn't call the restaurant a 'restaurant' very busy no matter what time you go in, staff not interested in their jobs, had to flag down staff to order drinks and ask for dirty plates to be removed from the table. Every night without fail plates and glasses would be smashed by the staff, who seemed to be more interested in the mobile phones. signs at the entrance of the 'restaurant' state no shorts or flips flops, as you would expect at a 5* but every night without fail men in shorts and flip flops would be in the restaurant, one family even sat in cycling outfits.

Food on the other hand was lovely, very nice. Snack bar was better than the restaurant although not very big for the number of guests in the hotel. Grounds were very squashed, not enough room around the pool area or the beach. Complaints at the hotel were not received well at all, the assistant general manager told my bother in law, who is Turkish, she didn't care if we gave the hotel a bad review!!! shocking!

If you are not used to a top class hotel then you will probably find few faults, but my family enjoy 5* hotels and this was not a 5*!! Even the staff in the shops inside the hotel told us how bad the hotel is and I quote "this hotel struggles to hit a 2*"

The guy who was in charge of the snack area was lovely and couldn't do enough for us, he was the best part of the hotel-too good for this hotel actually. Entertainment staff didn't interact with us-not that we wanted them to but compared with other hotels in Turkey they were very disappointing.

Would not return, would not recommend. I write this review to warn people because I don't want them to waste their holiday as we did ours.

Room Tip: I requested a non smoking room and only after complaining ALOT did they do something about moving us...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Laura A
caglar b, Front Office Manager in charge of Operation at Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Laura A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our property.As Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa, our goal is ensure and improve the quality of our offerings and services. For this reason, we will be glad to have praise, critics or suggestions that come from our guests and make a positive contribution to our work.First of all , I would like to apologize for the iconvenience occured during your stay.Looking into our records, reservation information and guest relation reports we have your reservation made through travel agency as an economy room which is located on the first floor , as we dont have any non smoking economy rooms , you have moved to standart room which is non smoking on the 7 th floor without charging any supplement. Travel agency booked an economy room for you but did not mention to you that economy non smoking room does not exist in our hotel the suupplemet between standart and economy room was not applied to you from that reason. Restaurant opening hours have been extended after your departure that we had several complaints due to busy periods. Carrying mobile phone during service hours is not allowed for service staff , thank you for the information that we would be more sensitive about the issue . Wearing short and flip flops is not allowed only for dinner , that is the information given in front of the restaurant as well , guests are informed and warned in front of the Restaurant if they wear shorts. Me personally and our Assistant General Manager contacted to your brother in law during your stay few times but never told or mentioned that we dont care about bad reviews , as you can see from other reviews as well we are trying to reply them as much as possible and consider it as an opportunity to improve missing services or standarts , your feedback is always valuable for us. Should you change your mind and wish to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly ,

Best Regards ,