“Couldn't Fault this Hotel”
Review of Barut Lara

Barut Lara
Ranked #1 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed November 14, 2009

i stayed at this hotel in November with my friend. I could not fault this hotel 1 bit. The rooms were cleaned everyday, mini bar replenished everyday. The staff could not do enough to help you (even remembering your drinks so each night they did not need to ask). Bars also serve imported drinks which are included in the price. The entertainment team become your friends, especially Zaza and Bonus with their darts and rifle shooting. The hotel nightclub was always busy with the entertainment team joining in and on occasions bringing in live music. This hotel is due to be refurbished this winter and i cannot wait to go back next year to see the improvements (not that it needed any). This hotel is well worth the money. They cater for everyone from children to pensioners.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
16  Thank xohxbabyx

Reviewed October 23, 2009

Spent a week at this fantastic hotel .its the service that makes the difference between this and it competitors.The staff are so helpful,friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
The location is perfect,the choice of beach or pool gives you the choice of quiet or active .
We never return to the same hotel but found our experinece last year exceeded this year

11  Thank patandjimEngland
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We have just spent a week there and would recommend this hotel to anyone. We have both agreed that this is the best hotel we have ever stayed at. The staff were all very professional and friendly, a couple of other reports have mentioned feeling a bit like 2nd class citizens to the Germans but we never encountered this - all the staff treated us very well.

Our room was at the front of the hotel, overlooking the view to the beach. Lovely secluded balcony, great comfortable and spacious bed and room, TV, DVD & stereo (though we did not use these - better things to do). Room was really clean and well maintained, very nice cleaning lady.

Really good variety of restaurants - we really enjoyed the barbecue one where you cook the meat yourself at the table. Best thing is it is all ready for you when you arrive - meat all seasoned and ready to cook, salad all prepared, waiter at hand to top up your wine - superb.

There was entertainment most evenings - the entertainment staffs version of Mamma Mia was excellent. A very good magician, performing cats and dogs, Mr and Mrs Lara - great variety.

We'll be back!

7  Thank Brian W
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We normally go to the Caribbean on holiday but due to me being pregnant decided to go somewhere nearer home. This hotel was better than we expected as much better than the Riu, Almond and Iberostar hotels we have been to in the Caribbean (see previous reviews I have done) we got back last night after a 3 week stay. We did not get bored as so much to do and we needed to just chill out.

Rooms,

We had standard room which was prefect nice and clean and all you needed. Mini bar restocked daily with soft drinks and water. DONT FORGET TO TAKE DVD's and CD's.…

This was excellent and when we asked for anti slip mat for bath they brought it in no time. The staff could not do enough they work so hard and could not be faulted even the maid that cleaned our room was lovely. We loved the drinks trolly that was brought round the main pool, much needed..

Food and Drinks.

We tried all the restaurants and loved the Mediterranean all the other were also good but my husband loved the chateau bean in the med one. The BBQ was ok we were not expecting to cook the food ourselves on a bbq, was good fun but only did once and was nicer being served and waited on. We did not try any wine as I am not drinking at mo. and my husband decided to join me. The non alcoholic cocktails were lovely and so were all the other drinks.

SPA.

Very very expensive about £60 each for a turkish bath when you can get one through our rep for £20. The other treatments were no cheaper if not more expensive than in the UK.

Beach

I was pleased to see the beach had some decking to walk on so did not burn your feet on hot sands much needed. Loved the pier.

Bad points

Cant think of any but if I have to be nip picking the bed as quite hard (we have memory foam at home so everything will be hard) and the main pool was a bit cold. That's it, cannot think of anymore

Children.

I know we have not got any kids yet but as I am expecting our first noticed what they had or did not have. If you have baby they have Microwave and blender in the main restaurant for you to use and the high chairs looked new and you could wheel them along. They had a small play area for small children and the main kids area was fab. I have never seen such a good area. There was trampoline and adventure playground. The toilets in kids section are in shape of kangaroo's and hand basins as bears feet. They have thought of everything even by the bar was step children could use to reach the bar and get a drink themselves.

Out and About

we did a few trips. About 10/20 min down the road you have lots of shops and supermarket. The supermarket is good for turkish delight as very cheap and fresh.
The hotel runs a shuttle service to Antalya for 5 euros return, well worth it. We also did few trips with rep all very good and not bad prices. We found that most things we just as cheap if not cheaper in the UK than in turkey.

If you have a late flight the hotels courtesy room is very good with lockers, beds, showers, TV , etc.

If you need any more info you can contact me.

We really want to go back next year with baby all being well.…

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
9  Thank sugarbabe25
Reviewed October 13, 2009

When I read that people didn,t like this hotel I feel very sad as this hotel for me and my partner was out of this world from the minute we landed to the minute we left everything was truley amazing " Faultless "
the staff were outstanding especially Bonus one of the entertainments team he was great real laugh and made are holiday so much fun.
we would have no problem in going back in fact we,ve booked again for June next year we always have our holiday to the Caribbean 5 star but since going to the barut lara we will def be returning,
Food was outstanmding plenty of choice and the drinks are all branded drinks and you an have champers all day if you like!!!
entertainment staff were amazing especially when they did the mama mia show and the fame show really great
can,t wait to go back we love this place !!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tcook1
Reviewed October 12, 2009

My partner and I have just returned from this hotel where we stayed for two weeks. We booked the hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed!

All in all the service was fantastic and the staff could not do enough for you. Theres a number of different swimming pools to chose from including the aqua park where we couldn't resist but returned to our youth to have a go on the slides!

The food again was excellent and we managed to visit the alacarte restaurants on 8 occasions duing our stay! The House wine in the alacarte restaurants is also really nice (I've been looking for it in the supermarket back home today!). The patisserie in the main building was a lovely touch for a bit of a break from the sun. Of course the coffee, cake and ice cream helped!!!

The entertainment was in my opinion the best that I have ever seen at an all inclusive holiday. The Ukraine and Russian shows were outstanding.

All the bars were great and theres imported alcohol available if you ask for it and some imported bottle beers. Also if you don't like the cocktails on the list then just tell them what you want and they'll make it up for you (beware tho it will be strong!!).

Our room was upgraded on our arrival to a Junior suite which was lovely. The mini bar was stocked with beer and several different types of soft drinks and bottled water daily. I also like the fact that the room had dressing gowns, slippers, a bowl of fruit on our arrival and the moisturiser, shampoo, conditioner , bubble bath, cotton wool etc etc and was replaced daily if used.

We visited the Spa on one occasion and both had a treatment which was as good as anywhere else that I have been but we found the treatments to be expensive for what it was.

The Gym was well equiped for a hotel and on the occasions when we used it we found it to be quiet. There are loads of different activities going on all day if you want to join in but if you don't then theres no pressure.

We booked last minute through Monarch and paid £1,100 each for two weeks.

If I was planning to do another all inclusive hoilday I would definately return to this hotel!

5  Thank ScottieKent_
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We stayed in the executive suite which really makes a difference. We had two sleeping rooms (in case we got a dispute, I guess :)) ) two bathrooms and a spacious terrace and a spacious living room.

Our room was equipped with high speed internet, we received a network cable. Having free internet was one of the reasons we opted for this hotel. I remarked however that some sites were not accessible (youtube, myspace...) and I was surprised to find out it was not the hotel blocking this, but the Turkish government ...

There were plenty of swimming pools in the barut lara resort, some small and some very large...in fact the largest one I've seen in my whole life. Although this is a perfectly organized holiday fabric, they are able to provide you the feeling of intimacy having so many nice spots and swimming pools. We preferred to stay on the ponton in the sea, where you have some 16 seats only.. very very nice place

Everything is perfectly clean, they have a great organization in the hotel. There's nothing to really complain about in this hotel, for me it is clearly a five star. Staff is very friendly, food is excellent; we loved the formula whereby you can book dinner in one of the theme restaurants. You really feel like a king in this hotel. In the morning, we often took breakfast on our terrace. We had 24/7 room service. Everything is included in the price, there were no extras. There is also a free DVD rental service, which we used intensively.

Negative points: the staff comes in to the room two or three times in the morning after a simple knock on the door (fill the minibar, change towels, ...) You really should put the no disturb sign on the door to avoid this. It is very much "family resort", with plenty of kids...even in October (don't they have to go to school ?). The main restaurant looks really like factory in our opinion, but the food is great. The planes landing at Antalya airport, are passing and making noise. The hotel islocated 30 minutes drive by bus from the center of Antalya

We paid for 9 nights all inclusive 2400€ (for two persons, flight from germany included, all inclusive, executive suite) and all options included, we think this was a fair deal

4  Thank SooLux