“Deserves its' 5 Stars”
Review of Barut Lara

Barut Lara
Ranked #1 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Between the airport and the hotel you can see Turkey in varying stages of development. Good roads shared with trucks, cars, horses and carts. The BL sits on the Antalyan coast, enjoying a private beach and superb amenities.
Our family accommodation consisted of a 2 bed/2bath apartment with lounge, terrace and kitchenette. The apartment was very clean and nicely fitted with air con, flat screen TV and decent furniture. The BL is a fully inclusive resort and boasts around 5 restaurants plus an excellent dining room where all meals are freshly prepared and served on a self-serve basis. Choose your table in the large and open dining room and a friendly waiter will be there to offer you a drink or clear away your dishes. The same applies to the several bars on-site. Except for spa treatments, use of all amenities such as tennis courts, volleyball etc is free and invariably an activity such as archery, rifle shooting, football, gym class etc will be managed by one of the entertainment team according to the daily entertainment plan.
There's plenty of space and we didn't feel overcrowded or felt that we needed to leave the BL for any reason. It was self contained and met all our needs. The evening may see a show at the ampitheatre, where visiting entertainment will provide a show of up to 1 hour, followed by dancing by the pool bar. Altrenatively, the staff put on their own shows, which were also well received. All Nationalities tend to mix well in this friendly environment and the staff each speak several languages, including English.
Food and drink is plentiful and the quality is high, but not up to Michelin standards, so don't expect haute cuisine. However, if you want excellent and varied Turkish cuisine, then the BL ticks the boxes.
I think that one of the key differentiators has to be the staff, each of whom are welcoming, friendly and eager to please. It's easy to understand why many guests return year after year, and a return to the BL would certainly be in our thoughts at some future date.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jeremy M
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Jeremy,
Thank you very much for telling about your remarkable stay at the Barut Lara to our recent and future guests. Your lovely comments regarding every aspect of your vacation are greatly appreciated. We are really happy to hear that we were able to deliver a valuable experience. It will be our pleasure to have you as our guest again for another memorable stay.

There are newer reviews for Barut Lara

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I spent 1 week at the Barut Lara from the 21st September.

We arrived at the hotel at about 2245 and were the only people at check-in at that time. We were quickly checked in and given an upgrade to a family suite. Bonus!

Our room was great, not flashy but very clean and well maintained. We had a living room area with 2 sofas’, LCD TV and minibar. Large bedroom with twin beds (which we pushed together to make 1 big one), and another TV. The bathroom had a bath and separate shower and the toilet was also separate. I was very pleased with the room.

We were informed at check-in that the dining room was kept open for late arrivals so we found our way there. We were pleased to see that the food offered was of a good standard and included hot meals, which some hotels we’ve stayed at don’t offer to late arrivers.

The Barut Lara’s grounds are immense.
The pools are well situated and offer hundreds of loungers, so finding somewhere to laze the day away was never a problem.
All the gardens were immaculate and picturesque. The beach was well laid out with very good lounger options, although the sand was a very coarse unappealing dark brown.

The dining options at the Barut were on the whole very good.
We booked 4 al a carte restaurants, the Turkish, Mediterranean, international and the BBQ. We had great food and service in all of them, except that deserts were not good at all. We ate in the buffet restaurant for dinner just twice, on the Turkish and Far East themed nights. The food was ok but I felt that it lacked true authentic flavours. They really should offer some spicy dishes for those who like them.

For lunch each day we mainly used the fast food style Begonvile Street. I loved the fried chicken, as good if not better than KFC! They also did burgers, pizza, steak sandwich, crepes, baked potato’s etc. We did try the beach snack restaurant on one occasion. The food, which was cooked to order, came out cold and bland. Maybe we were just unlucky but we avoided eating there after.

Breakfast was taken in the buffet restaurant but as I’m a bacon and sausage fan I was left a little underwhelmed. I tended to have toast or a cheese roll.

The Bars at the Barut were fantastic. I mainly drink beer so was delighted with the option of bottled Becks and Miller. The staff was always attentive and friendly. The bars also had an extensive collection of premium brand spirits.

Overall I found the Barut to be a hotel of understated elegance. It’s not ostentatious like some on the Lara strip but delivers quality in abundance. I really loved how relaxing it was, no disco’s round the pool all day which can be annoying. I would recommend this hotel to couples and families alike.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank imbrugliasboy

Dear imbrugliasboy,
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to post a detailed review of our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide relaxing, clean and friendly accommodations. We are truly pleased you found our facilities, the staff commendable, and the food to your liking. Please know that we have since addressed your concerns about the desserts and food at the beach restaurant with our food&beverage manager. Thank you for all of your feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

You will see from previous reviews that everyone very much reports the same positive news regarding this hotel. Our only issue was with our initial room allocation which was on the 9th floor but with a side view facing the Kervansary Hotel next door to the Barut. This room was dark and dinghy with a small balcony. I immediately saw a woman at reception who noted my disappointment and promplty offered us a room on the 7th floor but with the same view! Again I informed the staff that I was not happy with this room but was told the hotel was full - it clearly wasn't! The following day we were however moved to a superb room 1719 - standard room but facing Antalya, sea, pools and mountains. After this hiccup the remainder of our holiday was a really good experience without complaint. If I had one negative observation, it would be the repetition each evening at the pool bar with the monotonous song choice e.g. Rivers of Babylon, Brown Girl In The Ring, Lets Twist Again etc etc etc. We spotted over two weeks that regardless of the different bands that played at this bar the song list was the same! Obviously a management dictat!
The acid test is always "would I make a return visit" - simple answer, yes I would. Don't be afraid to book this hotel - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: High floor facing pool, see and mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TrevorCWestMidlands
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Trevor,
Thank you very much for taking the time to offer a review based on your Barut Lara experience. It is so nice to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and we were able to deliver the 5-star services. We are pleased to hear that your room change request was able to be met and handled courteously and professionally. Please know that we have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the bands' repertoire. Your feedback is very important to us and will be used to reconsider improvements needed. We would love to have another opportunity to host you at our hotel in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

went to the hotel with friends who were there the previous year, everyting they said and more was true of this hotel. Staff were excellent , very friendly and could not do enough for you. The rooms and whole complex was extremely clean and service, no matter what time , was first class. With 6 al carte restraunts and large general self serve one I was amazed at the standard and choice of the food and could not find fault with any of the meals I had. ars were well stocked with eerything you could imagine, all branded ad bars staff excellent. The entertainment team were the best I have seen , special thanks to Yuri the darts on the afternoon were great. I could go on more but overall this was an excellent holiday and we are already looking to return 2014

Room Tip: ask for room facing pool in main block as great views, the one on the side face the next hotel and n...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jeff w
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Jeff,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your first time at the Barut Lara and we appreciate your positive review in relation to our staff, accommodation options, the food and entertainment activities. Thank you for your time. We look forward to having you as our guest again in a future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

we returned to the Barut Lara for 2nd year in a row for a week back in July - just getting round to reviewing now!
We travelled with 2 other couples and our 3 kids (2 teens & an 8 year old). The 5 of us stayed in a 2 bedroom residence - great space with 2 bathrooms, lounge/kitchen area and very large balcony with loungers.

Will try not repeat what all the other reviews have said, though I agree - food great, staff friendly, pools fab etc etc

We only ate in the main restaurant on one night as managed to get the 9 of us into a different one every other evening. They have changed the booking system since last time and only had to book 2 nights in advance either at the guest relations desk or on the computer.
Enjoyed them all.
Probably wouldn't eat again at the BBQ restaurant - mainly because after a few drinks our guys were getting confused about what tongs they had used for the raw v cooked meat and because it took ages to cook for 9 folk on one BBQ! Also because of the location (right next to the beach) there were a lot of ants running up the table and into the bread etc....was fun though.

We put the kids into the main restaurant one night and let them watch a show whilst we ate in the a la carte one which is for over 16's only (though there were a couple of kids in...). The food was excellent - the best in the hotel.
Only criticism was that they didn't seem to bother about the dress code - whilst we had dressed up for the evening, everyone else was in shorts. Seems to be one rule for some and not others as we asked at reception beforehand and they said long trousers were essential.

Our youngest went to the kids club nearly every morning - only because she wanted to and the girls running it were really great with them.

The main point of my review though is to commend the doctor in the hotel, though hopefully you wont need him, unlike myself.
On the second day I slipped in the bathroom and hit my head off the sink. At reception they directed me to the doctors office in the basement near the gym.

Anyway, I received lots of care and attention from Dr Yilmaz and his nurse as I got 5 stitches above my eye. I had to go back to him another 2 times to get it redressed. They were really nice people. (My own GP said it was a great job - virtually no scar!). Insurance money has come through so all is well.
Only problem occurred at the airport when the "jobs worth" check-in desk girl said I needed a "fit to fly certificate" because of the stitches, which I had never heard of and they weren't going to let me on the plane home!!!
After lots of panicking (& kids crying), I managed to find the Thomas Cook rep, who was more than happy (since we also had their insurance) to take me to the first-aid room in the airport. Had to pay 40 euros for a signed bit of paper, but was now allowed to check-in and fly - whew!!

Will definitely return to the Barut and have looked into the prices for next year. I was a bit confused when I couldn't book the 2 bedroom residence again. I contacted the hotel and they said after their refurbishment later this year, they wont have any 2 bedroom residences - only 1 bedroom ones or family suites which are not nearly as big.
Mind you, may leave the teens at home!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank donna W

Dear woody121966,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor. We are happy to read that we were able to provide you and your family with a wonderful experience at the Barut Lara. Thank you for your kind words regarding our foods, friendly and helpful staff, extensive facilities, spacious and comfortable rooms. Please know, we have noted your comments regarding the dress code and the service at the BBQ restaurant you received. Your opinion is very important to us. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Barut Hotels and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another fantastic holiday.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a fabulous all inclusive week's holiday at this hotel (booked through Thomas Cook from 30th August to 7th Sept) - with our two sons (age 16 and 19).

The food in the main restaurant was incredible and delicious and we are really very fussy and eat out alot in London and in Kent. There was a huge amount of choice daily and generally delicious meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lovely cakes and pastries at tea time with coffee or tea and ice cream at the snack bar too. The only let down was the food/service in some of the a la carte restaurants - we tried the Turkish one (where my son celebrated his 20th birthday with a delicious chocolate cake made especially for him) - lovely food again, but the Seafood and BBQ restaurants were disappointing.
The rooms were great and we got two lovely rooms facing the pools/mountains (we emailed the Reservations Manager 3 weeks before departure to request these and she accommodated our every wish).
Service throughout the hotel was without fault and our every wish was seen too. The hotel is spotlessly clean, very modern and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Entertainment was fantastic (we generally shun the entertainment in hotels which can be cringemaking !- but here it was superb)....Lots of space and sunbeds around the pools, beach and gardens (if you wanted to sunbathe in the shade) or lie in a hammock and snooze the afternoon away.

The area around the hotel is not very interesting and a trip into Antayla by bus for some shopping and lunch was ok but Antayla is not as lovely as somewhere like Fethiye nor is the market anything like as good - but nice to tear ourselves away from the hotel for a few hours..

This is the first time we have had an all-inclusive hotel holiday and we were not sure what to expect and our holiday here really exceeded all our expectations. We would definitely good back..........

Room Tip: We requested and got rooms in the more modern part of the hotel - next to each other - and facing th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FleurB51

Dear FleurB51,
We are really impressed with your amazing review regarding your vacation with us. We were happy to read that we were able to provide you with an exceptional service and exceed all your expectations. Please know that your helpful comments regarding the specialty Seafood and BBQ restaurants were taken into consideration and will be addressed to improve the quality and services we offer. Thank you so much for your time. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just returned from our family holiday and we are missing this place already!! Having been to 7 other hotels in the Lara area, I can honestly say this hotel is the best. Not sure what I can add that has not already been said.... Food and drinks are top quality. The staff are very hardworking, friendly and efficient, with a special thank you to Mehmet at the Yasemin bar. The service is outstanding compared to other hotels we have been to, whether in the bar or the restaurants. The hotel is spotlessly clean in all areas.

We never had an issue getting 3 sun loungers at any time of day at any of the pools or the beach.

Our daughter absolutely loved the mini club. We have never left her at previous hotels, however the mini club is well organised, with daily activities and is very secure. The staff here at amazing and our daughter really warmed to Liesbeth who made her feel very welcome and special. It really made out daughters holiday.

I can see why people return to this hotel time and again and we cannot wait to go back. Well done Barut Lara, keep up the great work at making family holidays very relaxing and memorable.

Room Tip: We got upgraded to a family suite which was very much appreciated as it gave us extra much needed sp...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AG2010

Dear AG2010,
We appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We were glad to read that Barut Lara has become the preferred place for you to stay in Antalya. We would be more than happy to welcome you and your family again to our resort for another memorable experience. Warmest Regards,