“The best hotel, I stayed during my visits to 28 countries.”
Review of Barut Lara

Barut Lara
Ranked #1 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
“The best hotel, I stayed during my visits to 28 countries.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Have you ever been moved to first class from economy class by a major an international air carrier. I had this pleasant experience when flying to India from London. Th elation I felt , I still enjoy the memory of travelling in the first class on my return journey.How it happened is also interesting. I was told at Dubai airport in transit that my luggage was transferred to the flight bound to Calcutta. When I arrived at my destination, I did my luggage did not come with the flight. I was told as there were only two flights a week, I will not receive my baggage for three days. I asked for reimbursement under IATA rules,, and received 100 $ for two days. Three days later, My luggage came and I collected another 50$. On the way back, I complained and said I will be writing to the managing director about this incident. I was moved to first. Six passengers, three hostesses , fine food and i felt that I was in heaven. Lesson to learn, If you are unhappy about the service anywhere, do not shy away. register your complaint very politely and firmly. Do not be rude or shout.
Sorry about a long story, but in my view , this hotel is another world, best. Quality food, wide variety and excellent service. If you wish to measure customer satisfaction, stand at a distance and watch and hear the conversation at the reception. If you see the staff is polite and no raised voices, you can draw your own conclusions.

Room Tip: always ask to see the room before checking in. rooms facing the sea are the best. for safety during...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank zamir75
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear zamir75,

we appreciate your taking the time to post a review. Thank you for sharing a lifehack on how to get an upgrade to first class on a flight. We hope that this information will be useful to our guests. We are delighted that you found our food and service praiseworthy. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Barut is amazing in every way possible , we actually went early days of august but because people do start looking for holidays now I thought id write it now ,but this place is brilliant for couple holidays, family holidays, going with your friends, going to party, everything you can think off its perfect for it, its got a well deserved 5 star ,the food was excellent, the animation team was brilliant ,they entertained, kids, adults, teenagers, toddlers ,O.A.P was excellent and there's a teenage club but its not at all childish or you play Xbox, go shooting, archery even go paint balling.
The food was also brilliant the, buffet bar , the breakfast most of the time had the same food on but for lunch and tee it had different on every night like they would have different country stile buffets and that , the food bars, you just got a snack from like the ice cream bar , and Kentucky bar and pancake + waffles , burger and chips and hot dogs bar ,all absolutely amazing.
I'm defiantly thinking of going again next year everyone was friendly ,we was talking to some staff they had worked on most off the hotels on the beach but this one was far by the cleanest and best one yet if you would like to ask any questions message me ,thanks

Room Tip: mail me for an excellent tip it will save you loads
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
20 Thank regan1999
BarutCRM, Owner at Barut Lara, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear regan1999, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such amazing review of our hotel. I'm truly happy that you fully enjoyed your stay at our resort and found our food, animation team and beach cleanliness praiseworthy. We appreciate all guest feedback. We will definitely share it with our team. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Sincerely,

CRM Manager
Barut Hotels Lara Resort
Vlaanderen
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was staying from half 01-2013 till half 02-2013. The weather was not good. But this hotel has so much to offer to have a pleasant time. (sports, spa ,games, even al book library in many languages). This hotel has a capacity of 1100 guests. But in january only 140 people were present. Thus we had all the space in de indoor pool. At the other hand there were not enough candidates to participate team-sports as boccia.

Room Tip: we booked the cheapest room (code 24) but got as room in the main building free of charge because al...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PianoVlaanderen
BarutCRM, Owner at Barut Lara, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear PianoVlaanderen, thank you for staying with us and taking time to post a review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Barut Lara experience and we appreciate your positive review in relation to our service. We would be more than happy to welcome your again in the future. Kind regards,

CRM Manager
Barut Hotels Lara Resort
Icmeler, Turkey
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Im happy to say The Barut Hotel was lovely and a more refined Hotel,with excellent services from checking in, to out.
We stayed at another hotel for Xmas. The Limak Lara..Both Hotels are very good but with a difference.The Barut is the better Hotel,and i will review the Limak aswell and you will see why.
Firstly they upgraded us to the junior suits,at no extra cost,which was spacious,and comfortable.I think i would of preferred the main hotel for easier excess to everything,as it was abit cold walking the corridors to our room.But this was only because it is winter,and cold of an evening.Otherwise it wasnt a problem.And it did have afternoon sun.Although weather wasnt so good.But didnt spoil our stay at all.
The New Year Eve Gala, was excellent with lovely food,and as much drink to drink.Everything was decorated with festive trimmings.And the entertainment was very good.A live band to dance to.Aswell as the animation team providing their dance performences.And they are very good.So far the best on Lara beach.And the evening shows was performed every night.
I did like the sport activities too.I went to the water arobics.But kept missing the step classes.They also had a good equipped gym.And the indoor pool was very good too.And i was surprised to see people swimming outside even when it rained.But thats because the outside was heated too.
And for children,there were lots of things for them to do.Im sure in the summer it has excellent facilities.even baby sitting.I did see the day club,which looked safe and well equipped.
The hotel was very clean,rooms cleaned everyday aswell as your fridge refilled too.
All the staff seemed to make you feel very welcome and served you very well.And all worked very hard.The dining staff were always there to serve your drinks and clearing away tables, aswell as the lobby bar.serving you as quickly as they could.I liked the ambience of the lobby bar.with a piano player,and very comfortable seating, and even had dancing to live music one night.
The food had a very good choice.with good selection of meats,especially as Turkey is very expensive for meat, so not always chicken served all the time,as some hotels do on Lara.I was pleased to have prawns served on the salads bar.not big ones but lots and still nice to have.And the selection of salads was excellent.
The Limak Lara.Although they had a good choice of foods,But did not have cold meats and prawns served with salads like here at Barut.
Also even though they were on a winter concept.The Barut did also have a restaurant open outside.Here you can have cooked meals served all after noon.Also on dry days.The outside bar was also open for drinks. Again not at the Limak.
Although fair to say that we also paid more at the Barut.
We were able to have a al a carte meal on our last night too.Which was of 5 star quality.I loved it.Id of liked more al a cartes.But been on winter concept only 2 restaurants was open and saturday nights they were closed. Which is when we arrived,and been new years we were only there 4 nights.So not long enough to try more.But i would love to go back to try the others,as they have 6 in the summer.Which is all included at no extra cost.At the Limak they charge extra for al a cart meals.
The drinks included at no extra cost,including imported drinks.Again at the Limak they charged for imported drinks.They had a good choice of coctails too.Aswell as the wines were good.I even had a Tia Maria with my al a cart meal.One thing i have to say though is even though they served Baileys, I did notice mine was watered down,so i ordered without ice.I hope they dont do this in the summer when you pay alot more money.
All in all though.I really like the Barut.And i would definately recommend, and would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the right hand side,away from the next door hotel.And higher floor has better views...
6 Thank YvonneTurkey
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Wow what a hotel they actually upgraded us and very nice it was as well at no extra charge side sea view away from any noise and very comfortable it is ,weather not to good but all inclusive helps with the most wonderful shows in the evening you could think possible food excellent pool area excellent just cannot find any thing wrong as the staff go out of their way to make your stay a great one

Room Tip: Well only charged five euros return into Antalya well worth the trip and had a great time sightseein...
8 Thank James A
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Beautiful hotel, good food, friendly staff. The evening entertainment was above average for Turkey, with professional entertainers. The a la carte restauraunt was definitely 5 star.
The only thing which let the hotel down was the lack of gluten free food in the restaurant. Many items were breaded or in sauce with flour.

Gala evening on NewYearsEve -nice meal and live entertainment

Cannot comment on the outdoor activities as we were there for New Year and the weather was mixed

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building
2 Thank vashti123
anglesey
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel with everything you could possibly want for a perfect holiday. Good food
friendly staff, good shows by the lovely Animation team, headed by Hakkan the team leader, Ilona the Choreographer, Marina, Katie, Tuba, Derya & the fantastic dancer Lilia. All so friendly including Nuri, Ramaz, Martinez our special friend, they all made our stay perfect. Also included is the Guest Relation staff especially Sadiya, she is so helpful, pleasant & a lovely person. Musn't forget the waiters in
lobby bar & restaurant they are so pleasant & efficient. Can't fault the hotel. Have already booked for March 2013. Made the mistake of booking another hotel nr. Side last March for a change, what a mistake that was, hated it, nothing can compete with the Barut.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends